"Archie's" Getting Married To "Veronica"!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I can remember growing up reading Archie and absolutely loving Veronica. I know, she is the "bad one" and she is a total "itch" with a capital 'B', but I think that was why I loved her so much. She was all about fashion and she was gorgeous to boot. I never personally understood what she wanted to do with Archie, anyway. After reading the comic for years, sometimes at the news stand and whenever my Mom would pick up a copy of the comic for me at the grocery store; I was convinced that Archie would eventually end up with Betty Cooper and that one day Veronica would wake up and realize that she's too good for Archie. I guess all of my dreams are shattered, because the release of issue #600, Archie will finally marry Veronica!

If you think about it, Archie encompasses every guy's dream; he has two really attractive girls fighting over him, and he has literally spent the last 50 years not having to choose between them. Not only is he going to be marrying Veronica, but it seems he might also be graduating from college. How is this possible if he has been in High School for the last 50 years?  Check out the panels of the big issue that is set for release on August 19th! To celebrate the big event, Archie's publisher will be holding a reception to celebrate the marriage between the two characters!

The event will be held on Wed. 8/19/09 from 4-7pm, for FREE cake, drinks and music at
Friendly Neighborhood Comics
191 Mechanic Street    Route 140
Bellingham, MA 02019
508-966-2275 

If you live in the area, then do you plan to attend the reception? Do you think you will pick up the issue? Are you a fan of Betty over Veronica?  

#1 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic store I go to is having an event too. I'm dressing up as Jughead.

#2 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

DONT DO IT ARCHIE! BETTY IS THE ONE YOU WANT!
#3 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction said:
" The comic store I go to is having an event too. I'm dressing up as Jughead. "
I dare you to take a picture and post it on Comic Vine
#4 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" @EisforExtinction said:
" The comic store I go to is having an event too. I'm dressing up as Jughead. "
I dare you to take a picture and post it on Comic Vine "

double dare
#5 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: I don't think that'll be a problem.
#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I too agree Veronica is far too good for Archie and I have no idea why she would want to end up with him but that's why I can see every reason he would want her, because she's too good for him (and rich) and she seems to want him. Betty has always been more of the stalker type.

#7 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

hope they do a saving silverman treatment for him. also note juggheads sad expresion threw the window!?!
#8 Edited by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Holly crap, a comic event in my state lol. Not near it though it's closer to the cape, and that's kind of far from Springfield.

Edit: But free cake is always a plus lol.

#9 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

Awww, Jughead's sad.

Archie only has 600 issues?

#10 Posted by Jamiracles (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Gentlemen prefer Blondes...but marry Brunettes.

#11 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jamiracles said:
" Gentlemen prefer Blondes...but marry Brunettes. "

#12 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't get too worried about Archie marrying Veronica. In a years time Jughead will catch swine flu and be in a bad shape, or at worst seriously uncomfortable. Archie will then have to make a deal with the devil, and the cost will be his marriage and the memories. They will both agree, because Jughead is so annoying when he's sick and they can't take the two week wait. Archie will wake up the next morning and the marriage never happened.

If only we had Socialized Medicine!! (shakes fist to the heavens.) lol

#13 Posted by T_DUB! (7 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOO!!!!! NOT VERONICA!!!!!! We have a wedding to crash folks, this cant happen.

#14 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

gotta be better than that  To Riverdale and Back Again movie, ill give it that.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard about this.I still don't care.I'm not old enough to give a crap about Archie.The only Archie comics I read was Sonic the Hedgehog.

#16 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh I Would have took veronica also...Blondes I think sits 3 on my list.        Brunette/black    RedHair     Blondes....  anything else goes "here"

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do they still dress like the girls from Three's Company in 2009?

#18 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

*head to desk* I popped a tire today, got called into work even though I'm supposed to be off, and now THIS!? Today just sucks.... :(

#19 Posted by Jamiracles (351 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" @Jamiracles said:

In this case: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, marry Brunettes and the Brunettes thusly die of mysterious medical ailments that can only be described as "A broken heart".
#20 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

He's probably going to marry Cheryl Blossom.
#21 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG! I never tought there would be actually an Archie gettin married O.O.

Just wow.. COOL

#22 Edited by Selty (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, what? How unexpected. I actually thought he would end up marrying Betty! 

#23 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5429 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to worry to much, look back to the last two pages Babs so delightfully posted. 
He starts walking  up memory lane on HS grad day and gets home on University grad day. 
*SPOILER* It's a "this could happen" story. 
He is his moms Peter pan. 
Archie will stay young forever!!!  and always have the pleasure/discomfort of never having to definitivly chose between Betty or Veronica, or Cherryl Blossom fo that matter. 

OK I think I'm done now.  

Oh, and as for the event, if we had a store that would do something like that, I woud probably attend :)  

BETTY FTW!!!!!
#24 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27114 posts) - - Show Bio

you ruined the suprise for me ;-P 

and im way bummed

#25 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jamiracles said:
" @Babs said:
" @Jamiracles said:

In this case: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, marry Brunettes and the Brunettes thusly die of mysterious medical ailments that can only be described as "A broken heart".
"

HA! 

All I know of Archie comics is the conversation about Jughead from Chasing Amy.
#26 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, my sister would read this

#27 Posted by Arjuna (16 posts) - - Show Bio

pssshhh...  This is like the whole, Superman's dead ordeal. 

People will buy the comic, then they'll be all pissed when, an issue or two later domething has thwarted it all and it was all a marketing ploy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.