Follow

Archie Andrews

Character » Archie Andrews appears in 7850 issues.

Archie Andrews is an only child, who resides in the town of Riverdale where he attends Riverdale High. He has two girlfriends, Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge who both compete for his attention.

The Archies meet Mystery Inc.

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

For those of you who are not aware, one of the shows that helped to inspire the Mystery Inc, is the Archies. And although they are from different companies, I wonder if they actually share the same universe.

Why? Josie and the Pussycats. The comics for Josie and her band were written by the same comic publisher as the Archies, Archie Comics, and the two groups have had several crossovers. While at the same time, the cartoons for Josie and her band were created by the same company as Mystery Inc., Hanna-Barbera, and during the New Scooby-Doo Movies phase of the series, Josie and her band had a crossover with Scooby-Doo.

So, my question is: do the Archies and Mystery Inc, inhabit the same universe, or would they at least inhabit a parallel universe with Josie being the common link?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@PrinceMarvel said:

For those of you who are not aware, one of the shows that helped to inspire the Mystery Inc, is the Archies. And although they are from different companies, I wonder if they actually share the same universe.

Why? Josie and the Pussycats. The comics for Josie and her band were written by the same comic publisher as the Archies, Archie Comics, and the two groups have had several crossovers. While at the same time, the cartoons for Josie and her band were created by the same company as Mystery Inc., Hanna-Barbera, and during the New Scooby-Doo Movies phase of the series, Josie and her band had a crossover with Scooby-Doo.

So, my question is: do the Archies and Mystery Inc, inhabit the same universe, or would they at least inhabit a parallel universe with Josie being the common link?

nah, i dont think so.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

Sure it can happen just like Punisher, Zombies, Vampires, Tiny Titans and more. I read that Memory Lane is an opening for many alternate universes. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came to Riverdale from a interdimensional cow that spitted them out.

In the end of the series the Mystery Inc are now living in a alternate universe and this wasn't the first time. Each of them live in a universe where their hearts desire for their family along with other people came true. All the evil from Crystal Cove no longer exist. I can see several escapades happening to them.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Sure it can happen just like Punisher, Zombies, Vampires, Tiny Titans and more. I read that Memory Lane is an opening for many alternate universes. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came to Riverdale from a interdimensional cow that spitted them out.

In the end of the series the Mystery Inc are now living in a alternate universe and this wasn't the first time. Each of them live in a universe where their hearts desire for their family along with other people came true. All the evil from Crystal Cove no longer exist. I can see several escapades happening to them.

if they do a crossover it will most likely involve the classic incarnation of the characters ala the current Scooby Doo Where Are You comic which has nothing to do with the recent show. but you do bring up the point of interdimensional travel.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They met? Whoa I'm late.

Avatar image for nathan_fleischman
    Nathan_Fleischman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@princemarvel: This would make the Archie and DC Universes actually be the same universe which I believe already anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.