I really hate the new look!

#1 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

As one of probally only a very small handful of fans on this site, im going out on a limb creating a thread but i needed to whinge!

I picked up a copy of Betty and Veronica the other day only to be disgusted by the "new look" art work that was in the first story.. they have tried to make them all look REAL 

Betty looks like a man in some of them, Veronica is not bad, Archie is gross, Jughead looks like a mental patient....Its just not the gang i have come to know and love!!

The whole point of these books are the cute cartoon fun that they are, i know they are trying to appeal to a new audience and bring in the new kiddies.. but gah it looks awful.

thank god its only for a few stories, if it goes to all of them they have lost a fan.

#2 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

What the crap!? That's just freaky.

#3 Edited by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh...that's different...

Huh? Commisioner Gordon's in Archie? AND he's Veronica's dad? What's happening!?

If you notice, Jughead is still cartoony. Guess that's the only way they thought he looked right, but didn't think the same for everyone else. Archie's moderately cartoony, also.

#4 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

who is this published under?

#5 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
Paragon said:
"What the crap!? That's just freaky."
I KNOW! i refused to read the story

Psychotime
said:
"Uh...that's wierd...Huh? Commisioner Gordon's in Archie?If you notice, Jughead is still cartoony. Guess that's the only way they thought he looked right, but didn't think the same for everyone else. Archie's moderately cartoony, also."
its all very bizzare
#6 Edited by Colt (122 posts) - - Show Bio

betty looks like luanne from king of the hill in the pic on the right.

#7 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Colt said:
" betty looks like luanne from king of the hill in the pic on the right. "
agreed
#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. thats very odd, and wrong.
it would be sorta like...

this...

became...

or...
#9 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

o.O thats just disturbing..... 

I will pm you back soon CME im kinda tired lol  

arrrrrrr worked me fingers to the bone today

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really read Archie, but that looks stupid.

#11 Posted by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Original artwork was better.

#12 Edited by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really read Archie, but that looks stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.