Colbie Cailat Is "Fallin'" For Archie?

Posted by G-Man (19152 posts) - - Show Bio
Are there any Colbie Caillat fans here?  You know, she had that song " Bubbly" that was on the radio all the time in 2007.  It was on so much that even my daughter (three-years-old at the time) had the song memorized, and I hardly even listen to the radio.  I have to say that I like and respect the singer/songwriter even if that isn't my first choice of music.  It seems the singer now has her eyes on Archie Andrews.

Caillat 'fallen' for Archie despite the news that Archie is going to propose to Veronica in issue 600.  Her new single, "Fallin' For You" and upcoming album, "Breakthrough" are due on August 25th.  Caillat makes her debut in Veronica #196 as she and Archie prepare to sing a duet.  Caillat has said:

Mixing it up with Archie, Veronica, and Betty and the gang is absolutely one of the highlights of my career.

Veronica has also issued a quote:

Colbie is cool. She is incredibly talented with a sensational singing voice. Riverdale hasn’t seen anyone like her since…well….me.

Archie was unavailable for comment...
Staff
#1 Posted by EisforExtinction (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never heard of this girl. I still will be buying this.

#2 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Love her. ........ Veronica should beat her up though

#3 Posted by EisforExtinction (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

Scratch that. That song is terrible. I'm skipping this issue.

#4 Edited by crazywolf (625 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw her debut on Letterman in 2008. I have a weakness for blondes but I like her singing too. Figured she would hit it big but not in an Archie comic lol. She sure came a long way from Myspace.

#5 Posted by Anderson: Agent of SMITH (231 posts) - - Show Bio

I really do not like her songs. Not just that one song, pretty much all of them. She's just Norah Jones with no articulation or variation in her pitch. Not that I even like Norah Jones that much in the first place.

#6 Posted by G-Man (19152 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Colbie > Norah

Staff
#7 Posted by High Revolutionary (3178 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the Bubbly Lou'!

#8 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her. It's great to hear songs with lyrics that actually mean something. I wouldn't pick «Bubbly» as her best song, though.

#9 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

Colbie is awesome. Her joint with Jason Mraz is real nice.

#10 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

good for her

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.