Archie & Veronica's Baby Shower But Will The Marriage Last?

Posted by G-Man (37775 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you been keeping up with all the wacky Archie news.  As you know, Archie and Veronica got married in issue #600.  In issue #601, we got to see the wedding of Archie and Veronica.  At the end of that issue, Veronica told Archie that she was expecting.  This Wednesday, October 21, 2009, Archie and Veronica will be getting twins.

That's right, Archie is going to be a father.  How crazy is that.   To celebrate this milestone, Friendly Neighborhood Comics in Bellingham, MA is having a baby shower for Archie and Veronica.  The toys collected will actually be donated to the Santa's Elves Toy Drive (a toy drive organized by Bellingham Women of Today to help disadvantaged families).  For more information on the Baby Shower/toy drive, visit www.friendlycomics.com.

But wait, it gets even crazier.  Word came out last week that Archie was going to dump Veronica for Betty.  When it was announced that Archie would be getting married, there was an outcry among the Betty Cooper fans.  Issue #603 will have Archie proposing to Betty.

How can Archie propose to Betty when he's already married?  Does this mean we'll see a divorce?  Is Archie going to lose his job at Lodge Enterprises?  What about the kids?  What about Jughead?
#1 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Reggie seems indifferent. "Oh, I guess they're getting married."

#2 Edited by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@EisforExtinction: Reggie's calling Jughead on his invisible phone.

Edit: Good God, those are some hideous children. That's about what I would expect Archie to produce.

#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Archie Marrying Veronica was a "What if" situation.... to see who he would choose....

(and I don't ever read Archie.. hehe)

#4 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham: Now that would be interesting comics. Archie Marries Betty: The Origin of Reggie's Invisible Phone.
#5 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" Maybe Archie Marrying Veronica was a "What if" situation.... to see who he would choose....  (and I don't ever read Archie.. hehe) "
Yeah, they were basically just exploring a hypothetical situation, in a really obnoxious way.
#6 Posted by DaughterNature92 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Say what?  Archie marrid Veronica?  Pre-nup twins?  Those babies were soooo concieved before the marriage.  I am so lost!  How could archi do this to Betty?  He and Betty were a match made heaven.  I officially proclaim Archie 'scumbag of the year!'  Who knew such an innocent childhood comic could become a graphic novel version of 'the Hills,' 'Beverly Hills 90210,' and all those ridiculous soap operas.
#7 Posted by Harlekin (682 posts) - - Show Bio

Archie went to work real quick after getting Veronica.

#8 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

That look on the first cover makes Veronica look as if she's interested in more children.

A divorce story seems a tad too mature for an Archie comic. Though how sad would that be that Archie was able to do a divorce and Spider-man couldn't. Really, I think Archie will take a branching path of Memory Lane that follows him marrying Betty and seeing how that turns out.

#9 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt: I agree about the arching path. For Archie to walk out on his wife and kids seems like a poor story idea.
#10 Posted by SuperXAsh (526 posts) - - Show Bio

or else this is all an imaginary story!!! Archie wakes up and wonders what the hell that was all about.

#11 Posted by The Psyentist (19124 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he gonna pop the question to Jughead too? That would be novel.

#12 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction said:
" @FoxxFireArt: I agree about the arching path. For Archie to walk out on his wife and kids seems like a poor story idea. "
It also seems a bit too dark for Archie comics.
#13 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Veronica's pregnant?? Within mere panels of the nuptials? Archie CAN'T be the father...! He'd never commit such an depraved act. ;)
#14 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
" Veronica's pregnant?? Within mere panels of the nuptials? Archie CAN'T be the father...! He'd never commit such an depraved act. ;) "
There was a picture of a closed door with hearts coming out of it on the honeymoon. Stuff was going on in there. Hardcore stuff.
#15 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist said:
" Is he gonna pop the question to Jughead too? That would be novel. "
No, he'll shock everyone and propose to Moose!
#16 Posted by Thor'sHammer (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I didn't know Archie was a bigamist, those twins are going to be very confused. 
"We have two Mommies and a Daddy?"

#17 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

Archie's a pimp...........Awsome.  maybe in the coming months he can a three-some going.
#18 Edited by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

ha ha!!
Veronica doesn't mind that much....

#19 Edited by babywix (91 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Archie doesn't dump Veronica and go for Betty. These are different scenarios of what could've happened. Archie Marries Veronica and Archie Marries Betty are two different stories entirely, and one doesn't lead to the other.
Personally, though, I always preferred Veronica with Reggie. I just always thought that she could do better than Archie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.