Archie Proposes To Veronica

Posted by G-Man (32555 posts) - - Show Bio

There's been some talk lately here and here as to who Archie should marry, Betty or Veronica.  We even had a Question Of The Day about who would be better last summer.  It's something that will always be debated.  At least until now.

It seems Archie is going to propose after 65 years.  This isn't the first time that Archie has decided to chose someone once and for all.  Back in late 1994, early 1995, there was the "Love Showdown" storyline.

Archie Comics announced that Archie Andrews may finally choose between Betty & Veronica once and for all, the response from the media, fans and retailers alike was unprecedented—and with good reason!  The landmark "Love Showdown" storyline threatened the certainty of the love triangle and all it stood for, nearly bringing an end to the friendships of all three characters as Archie chose old flame Cheryl Blossom at story’s end!

Readers had nothing to fear, as ultimately Cheryl wore out her welcome in Riverdale.  While she’s been an occasional presence (and to Betty and Veronica, an occasional nuisance) in the last 15 years, life has returned to normal for Archie and his friends.  And that includes his seemingly never-ending inability to choose between Betty and Veronica, no matter how many times he takes them out.
Now with Archie #600 shipping on August 12, 2009, we will see "Archie Marries Veronica Part 1: The Proposal."  Could it be after all these years we will finally see an end to this debate?  The story will give us a look at Archie and friends after they graduate college.  What jobs and professions might they take on?  Will they stick around Riverdale?  What will Betty think of Archie's decision to choose Veronica?  Will Veronica take Archie's last name?  Will Archie be able to find and keep a steady job?

The issue will be written by Michael Uslan and illustrated by legendary Archie Comics artist Stan Goldberg.  It'll be in comic shops on August 19 and newstands September 1 with a cover price of $2.50.

How do you feel about Archie getting married?  Even if you haven't been keeping up with the characters, the whole Archie-Betty-Veronica love triangle pretty much defined their characters.  Having a marriage will change everything.  Then again, we did see Lois and Clark get married.  Is this the right time for the marriage?  Will it remain permanent or simply be an imaginary tale?

Staff
#1 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Falls down on his knees with his hands in the air.
#2 Posted by Harvester427 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

If it doesn't work out, they can just do it the Spider-man way. Archie makes a deal with the devil and it's all erased.

#3 Posted by themaskedhero (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Could the devil just have the series cancelled?

#4 Posted by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Veronica? Because she's rich? Common sense tells us Betty's the right girl.

(Wow, I can't believe I thought that, let alone typed it. It sounds like I'm talking about a soap opera, and I basically am.)

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Methos is gonna be mad :P

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Veronica is a slut and puts out.  YOU do the math.  Archie has a good thing going, but he'd better watch it, she'll leave his Ginger bum once she sees someone better looking & with dough.  

In Edith Bunker's voice,  "AAAAAHHHHRRRCCCHHHHIIIEEEEE!!!".... 

*no one knows who the H I am talking about*  Bwaa Haa Haaa!!

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood what Veronica sees in Archie but I can understand why he'd choose her, I mean COME ON! she's rich, beautiful and she loves him (for some unknown reason)

SEAL THE DEAL ARCHIE!

#8 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Betty was clearly the better choice! U_______U
#9 Edited by kittenpride (121 posts) - - Show Bio

omigawd.

I haven't bought an Archie comic in years! (but most of my life i was a HUGE fan.)

I've been a Betty fan since then. I like being to good girl next door.
(though i did HATE being a walking mat)

#10 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Betty and Veronica should have both dumped Archie, moved to MA and married each other.

#11 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek_the_lost said:
I never understood what Veronica sees in Archie but I can understand why he'd choose her, I mean COME ON! ... [more]
This made me laugh so hard...
#12 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@kittenpride: Archie Marries kittenpride Part 1 of 6: The ComicVine Post

I asked today if my comic store would be getting this and the only answer I got was laughter. I'LL SHOW THEM!
#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
Betty and Veronica should have both dumped Archie, moved to MA and married each other.
olala :P
#14 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Veronica is a hussy

#15 Posted by G-Man (32555 posts) - - Show Bio
kittenpride said:
omigawd.I haven't bought an Archie comic in years! (but most of my life i was a HUGE fan.)I've been a ... [more]
I bought the recent "Freshman Year" arc but that's it.  I'm sure I might pick this up out of curiousity.
Staff
#16 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

The hell?

Archie marrying Veronica?

What is this crap?

#17 Posted by xscarletkittie (594 posts) - - Show Bio

From the few comics I read when I was a kid, I always thought Betty would be the most likely to get Archie in the end.

That said, I'm thinking this is likely a 'What If?' future story kinda deal and they'll go right back to the high school stories after this 6-parter is done.

#18 Posted by mr.drac (224 posts) - - Show Bio

RETARD!!!!!!! everyone knows Archie has to marry betty, it's like black cat and mary jane rivalry, black cat/ veronica is hot, but mary jane/ betty is always the right one!
#19 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys realize they do not actually get married, right?!

I mean its a six part comic no way it happens.
#21 Posted by NovaHulk (137 posts) - - Show Bio

My common senses are tinglings...something bad will happen at the wedding in issue 6

#22 Posted by DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson (979 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised Taffeta Darling hasn't commented on this yet

#23 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27114 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!Falls down on his knees with his hands in the air.
DOnt worry it wont happen...

there is no way, its going to  change you will see....
#24 Posted by AirDave817 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Me, I would have taken Betty over Veronica any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Ronnie has always been portrayed in an unflattering way as being high maintenance and self-centered. etty has always been the logical choice - Betty, Gwen, Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. Not sure I would have taken MJ or Black Cat given a choice. that's why Gwen's death was so tragic and painful. She was The One.

I just can't see this happening. It's like saying that the earth is round and if we sail off into the horizon we'll find new land, new civilizations and we won't fall off the end of the earth. Next thing you know we'll have aliens landing and marrying our women, and high school students infected with radiation thinking that they can measure up and maintain supermodels. Some absolutes need to be maintained!    

#25 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Why doesn't Archie just marry jug head

#26 Posted by Marshall Madness (248 posts) - - Show Bio

And you knew who you were THENNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

#27 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

VERONICAS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate u archie...hate...u...archie

#28 Posted by Prizm (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, it took him 60 years to pop the question.

#29 Posted by Listerartdotcom (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Archie's a golddigger.

#30 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

What else can they write about...

#31 Posted by kevinthegamer94 (25 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
you guys realize they do not actually get married, right?!I mean its a six part comic no way it happens. [more]
or they just drag it out for a long while. there'll be a whole comic  of them hyperventilating about the cake not being done
#32 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Annnnnnnd... he still managed to make the wrong choice after 60 years!!!

#33 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Satyrquaze said:
Annnnnnnd... he still managed to make the wrong choice after 60 years!!!
That's debatable...and look who it is!
#34 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Id like to know were Archie got the breed for that rock.

#35 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

So I just got and invite to the launch party at my comic store. I think I'll dress up as Jughead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.