What you think of him as a villain?

#1 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he at the level of the other villains like Doom, Mags, Loki, etc? or is he just a second rate villain in your book?

Also his methods, what is your opinion on how he handles the heroes and his enemies, his technique etc?

#2 Posted by Erik (31697 posts) - - Show Bio

He is not even second rate. I wish they would get rid of him already.

#3 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

He will look incompotent until he's accomplished something.

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a creative & technical genius, but his robots always seem to be decapitated by victorious heroes, Ms Locke used to do all the hard work for him, and both the original X-Force and the most recent New Warriors have used Murderworld as a base.  For me, Mojo does better 'entertainment based vaillainy'.

#5 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

He's creative and all but he needs to DO something.  He charges what?  A million dollars to kill a superhero and put it on video for you?

Only he's like 0 for 18 when it comes to killing superheroes.  He needs to succeed once in awhile or at least kill some celebreties or something to be taken half seriously.

Logically, you don't hire the assassin with a 0% track record.

#6 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"He's creative and all but he needs to DO something.  He charges what?  A million dollars to kill a superhero and put it on video for you?Only he's like 0 for 18 when it comes to killing superheroes.  He needs to succeed once in awhile or at least kill some celebreties or something to be taken half seriously.Logically, you don't hire the assassin with a 0% track record."
You talking real celebs, or made up celebs in the Marvel Universe?

I am sure more people hire Bullseye than Arcade.
#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Arcade would rise to B-Lister or at least C-Lister if they give him a little reinvention. Setting up those elaborate Murderworlds seems a bit ify these days, specially with his jokable million dollar price tag. He manages to get the people into Murderworld, why not just kill them off the bat rather than capture them. Plus Murderworld is completely set up for his own amusement.

If I were writing him I'd change his MO a bit and instead of being a hired assassin he'd make his money by putting people in potentially fatal situations based on pop culture like a reality show....at least an internet pay per view. Possibly creating finite pockets of artificial reality (I believe Reed Richards did that at least once, maybe Arcade could come up with something.) based off of popular movies and TV shows for the entertainment of the masses.

#8 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
PrinceIMC said:
"I think Arcade would rise to B-Lister or at least C-Lister if they give him a little reinvention. Setting up those elaborate Murderworlds seems a bit ify these days, specially with his jokable million dollar price tag. He manages to get the people into Murderworld, why not just kill them off the bat rather than capture them. Plus Murderworld is completely set up for his own amusement.If I were writing him I'd change his MO a bit and instead of being a hired assassin he'd make his money by putting people in potentially fatal situations based on pop culture like a reality show....at least an internet pay per view. Possibly creating finite pockets of artificial reality (I believe Reed Richards did that at least once, maybe Arcade could come up with something.) based off of popular movies and TV shows for the entertainment of the masses."

So you are saying put them in situations that have been in tv shows, and movies where they will be killed?

He could do a lot with Horror movies.
#9 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
Firestormnuclerman said:
"So you are saying put them in situations that have been in tv shows, and movies where they will be killed?He could do a lot with Horror movies.
Yeah, that's kinda what he did in the beginning. I remember him trying to kill the X-Men in a 'Space Wars' setting. Movies, video games and tv shows. Stick them in a summer camp against a guy in a hockey mask with a machete, a guy with a burned face and claws and a guy in a white Captain Kirk mask and a kitchen knife.
#10 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a joke.

#11 Posted by Lunacyde (17982 posts) - - Show Bio

He's entertaining but C string

#12 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that this guy could be much better and dangerous than what he already is. A creative character that's in uncreative storylines, maybe thats his problem. This guy really needs to put the stress on anyone he captures and make sure that their chances of escaping his Murderworld is no less than zero percent.
#13 Posted by War Killer (19994 posts) - - Show Bio

Um...does Marvel even use him still? I didn't even know who he was until I played MUA, and even then, I haven't seen him in a comic...weird?

#14 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

It's impossible to take him serious, even when he has a nuke or threatening to kill the population of a city
#15 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" He is not even second rate. I wish they would get rid of him already. "
your right he generally sucks, but he was cool in Deadpool Team-Up when Nightmare gave him powers to make his machines be magic and become people's worst fears.  Maybe if he kept them he could be cool...
#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12591 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes nowhere on Doom and Mag's level but he shouldnt be taken lightly
#17 Posted by Kairan1979 (16712 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's face it - even Mojo is better as a villain than Arcade.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.