So is Aquaman Worthwhile?

#1 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

I went to the comicbook store to pick up this week's pull list and Aquaman got my attention. According to the guy running the store Aquaman has been one of the pleasant surprises of new 52 and Aquaman has been getting a lot of praise recently from Comicvine users as well as comicbook readers in general. I did love Aquaman's portrayal in the previous Justice League issue. I am just wondering is Aquaman a title worth getting every month. There is space for a few DC/Marvel titles and I am seriously considering Aquaman. Would anyone recommend it?

#2 Posted by The Stegman (23779 posts) - - Show Bio
@soccersss: i think so, especially if you're NOT an Aquaman fan, it's a good way to get to know the character, the writing's great, the art is nice, and this arc's villains are creepy as heck, i say go for it
#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12485 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss: YES. Aquaman is one of the best DC titles right now, regardless if you've read anything with him or not.

#4 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty good i'm liking it.

#5 Posted by etragedy (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! 
I was majorly surprised, never been an Aquaman fan.

#6 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

It's great, Johns knows the character very well, and writes a good voice for him.

#7 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it! It's a great comic, and I was in the camp that Aquaman was just there for comic relief before I began picking up the new comics. Definitely worth it.

#8 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I'd definitely check it out tommorrow. Thanks for the feedback

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a good title. I have my concerns about some of the writing choices, but its most definitely a solid book.

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss:

Let me put it like this "It's getting consecutive 5 stars for a reason" personally I'm waiting until it's collected but that doesn't mean it's not worth getting monthly

#11 Posted by Illuminatus (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a near-perfect comic, in my opinion.

#12 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8985 posts) - - Show Bio

I have not read it but I have heard good things about the series

#13 Posted by Galathanos (44 posts) - - Show Bio

It's epic

#14 Posted by Ouija (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@Galathanos: took the words out of my mouth

#15 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really understand the praise for it. It's solid stuff, but not as breathtaking as the reviews suggest, atleast for me. Maybe people were expecting it to be terrible, and then surprised that it wasn't? I haven't read the latest issue, though I kinda don't want to after reading the first #3. Not bad in anyway, but there are so many titles, just within the 52, that are better than this, in my opinion.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea you should pick it up but I suggest you should also make room for more IMAGE and VERTIGO books

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.