Aquaman - Who sunk Atlantis?

Atlantean325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atlantean325

SHOULD BE WHO "SANK" ATLANTIS (SUNK IS THE PAST PARTICIPLE). SORRY, COULD NOT EDIT ONCE POSTED.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Deranged Midget

We'll find out in the upcoming month. But honestly, I have no idea who could've sunk Atlantis, perhaps there was a civil war.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jorgevy

From what Ive read in Aquaman #6 I think it's someone related to Mera's family... but we will find out next month

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

I'm really interested in this story, but the tease for it from the 4th issue was kind of ridiculous. "The question nobody thought to ask" ? I really doubt NOBODY has thought to ask 'Who sank Atlantis?' It feels like Johns is trying to make himself seem more original, and came across as shallow needless extra hype.

I'm still really interested in it though.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

Aquaman sunk Atlantis in the JLA storyline Age of Obsidian. I refuse to accept any other explanation because I personally enjoy that one too much. Unless GM wow's me with his new story, I will not accept this one! Now in the words of The Soup Nazi in Seinfeld..... GRANT MORRISON.....NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jorgevy

@ArturoCalaKayVee: HE sunk Atlantis? How did that happen?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

@Jorgevy: I don't remember it exactly because it's been a while since I've read the story but it deals with Aquaman being transported back in time by an evil sorcerer and then turned into a massive body of water. Then the sorcerer tries to take over/destroy Atlantis in both the past and the present (two different versions of herself) and the only way to save Atlantis in the past was for Aquaman to sink it. It's something like that....been a while, sorry

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jorgevy

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Cool. I was actually more interested in the why than the how and you totally explained it. I couldnt see AC doing it without a good reason

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

@Jorgevy: I don't remember the how he did it, sorry. It was something like becoming a massive tidal wave and effing everybody

Atlantean325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Atlantean325

In Aquaman 5, the attacker's helmets were only full of water, no body. Seems like a logical guess they are from Mera's colony. In book 6, Mera mentions her "colony". In Brightest Day, she mentions her people are from a "Penal (Prison) Colony". I believe you can make the leap, Mera's colony sank Atlantis. Thoughts?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

The Who Sunk Atlantis? storyline sounds very interesting. I agree with everyone else that Mera's colony is more than likely responsible for the sinking.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.