Young Justice: Atlantean Strength Level?

#1 Edited by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know how powerful Atlantean's more specifically Aquaman is in Earth 16 (YJ Universe)?

#2 Edited by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. Aquaman's strength level is almost compared to the strength his possesses in comics due to his Royal Atlantean physiology which makes him much superior than the normal Atlantean who are much stronger than the average human. Aquaman is considered to be above superhuman levels in the show being compared to the likes of Wonder Woman. His exact lifting power is something I can't tell you. I don't watch the series on a regular basis, but seen couple episodes and other animated films and by the looks of it their strength levels range from 2-4 tons which is the average lifting power Tula and Garth possesses in the Young Justice series.

#3 Posted by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. Aquaman's strength level is almost compared to the strength his possesses in comics due to his Royal Atlantean physiology which makes him much superior than the normal Atlantean who are much stronger than the average human. Aquaman is considered to be above superhuman levels in the show being compared to the likes of Wonder Woman. His exact lifting power is something I can't tell you. I don't watch the series on a regular basis, but seen couple episodes and other animated films and by the looks of it their strength levels range from 2-4 tons which is the average lifting power Tula and Garth possesses in the Young Justice series.

Do you know why it was expected that a bullet from Deathstroke could hurt Kaldur?

#4 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material said:

Do you know why it was expected that a bullet from Deathstroke could hurt Kaldur?

IIRC I'm pretty sure it wasn't the actual Deathstroke that shot him, but a disguised Miss Martian instead. But not quite positive. I seen a episode with her acting as Deathstroke, but it's very cloudy in my mind.

#5 Posted by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Yeah it was Miss Martian I was wondering if you knew why they thought or if in YJ atlanteans are not durable enough to take a Bullet.

#6 Edited by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

hard to say....I would have put Aqualad's strength somewhere slightly below Conner's but with the series being so short we don't enough to compare them accurately

#7 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: I thought so myself and had the same question when I watched the episode, I remember. I thought of it as he or "she" already had some knowledge of his physiology and created a bullet that would puncture him. It was just an animated series, so the character's abilities didn't directly come straight out of the comics.

#8 Edited by Justthatkid (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: But weren't they working together if she was shifted as Deathstroke I'll re-watch the episode they might of explained it. @danhimself: I think he showed strength in the first episode and later on I'll have to recheck to see what.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.