What was he like Pre-Flashpoint?

#1 Posted by sockman19 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading Aquaman since near the start of the New 52. And its probably one of my favorite series. But it also got me wondering a bit about the character's history.

I have absolutely no experience with Aquaman aside for his current series. But I've seen different interpretations of him in animation (Justice League TAS, Young Justice, ...Superfriends).

So I'm wondering, which interpretation of Aquaman is most true to the character from a historic standpoint?

#2 Edited by Justthatkid (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

@sockman19: I wouldn't know specifically to say which is more true, well you can take Superfriend's off the list, but the Aquaman I'm most familiar with is serious and will kill at-least if it gets the job done.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33091 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by aquaman98 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

^ I agree with you !

#5 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@sockman19: much the same as he is now

Pretty much this. The appearance might have changed through the decades but the current interpretation is pretty much in line with the character history.

#6 Posted by BlackWind (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

More or less the same character. However he was a full Atlantean, the son of Atlanna and an ancient Atlantean wizard, Atlan. He wasn't raised very long by Tom Curry, who adopted him for a while, and spent most of his time in the ocean. Most people wonder why he always seemed so angry pre 52. Easy. His infant son was murdered, his wife blamed him, tried to kill him, and went insane. Not to mention he lost his hand, and Atlantis betrayed him, multiple times. He had every reason in the world to be grumpy. However Geoff Johns is doing something Peter David didn't: Explaining Aquaman's origins very clearly right from the start so there is little confusion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.