What story should an Aquaman movie take from?

#1 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

His origin story just isn't movie material, so what storyline is?

#2 Edited by Willza92 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

The Little Mermaid?

Sorry, I don't know any Aquaman stories besides his roles in JL and Injustice.

#3 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Aquaman, I buy his book and all ways have since his restart in the late 80's or early 90's and I think that that is part of Aquaman's problem is a large lack of stories that have any real impact.

But I would go with when Black Manta killed Aqumans son and for the fallow up films I would use the one when he loses his hand and finally to end the trilogy I would use the Sub-Diego story.

What do you think of that?

#4 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloodtalon: Decent I guess, tho I'm wary of having that much established family in the first film

#5 Posted by Justthatkid (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: @bloodtalon: The only way Death of a prince should be used if it is a animated movie. for a movie a mixture of the new Aquaman run and the Silver age would work nicely

#6 Posted by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that elements of his current series should be incorporated. If not the actual story, definitely the style. I like how it feels like Aquaman vs. the world and that Johns played with Aquaman's bad reputation among the general audience.

Of course, I haven't read any Aquaman outside of his current series so I may not be the best suited to answer

#7 Posted by JohnnyGat (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

A rough adaptation of his current book. Show him shrugging off bullets and basically insulting reporters who think all he can do is talk to fish. Mostly a scene where he does the latter and I'll be happy.

#8 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10020 posts) - - Show Bio

Game of Thrones Under Water.

I mean put Black Manta as the evil king or evil guy that wants to be the king of all the oceans, this based on him being half human, what means many dont see him as one of them, he is an exile under water and over water, he has to deal with this problem and being the king of Atlantis.

He has to get people of Atlantis and "The Normal World" together against Manta and his army.

Also he should make a joke about how people belive he talk with a fish, like saying: i can talk with your tuna sandwich and your tuna sandwich say you are stupid by the fact you belive a tuna sandwich can talk.

#9 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloodtalon: It's too much already setup, especially since it would already be deconstructed during the course of the film

#11 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloodtalon: It's like using the Azzarello stuff for the first in a Wonder Woman movie series

#13 Edited by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: What if the first one is about him gaining the throne and then in the sequel he loses his kid and then hand.

#14 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@tikhunt: Him getting the throne isn't interesting

#15 Edited by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: Not important, the question was more about should the sequels include the death of his son/ loss of hand.

#16 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

The Others is a perfect choice.

We see Aquaman's past, a colorful cast of characters, his nemesis (Manta), some amazing feats, great action and great setting all around the world.

But the main draw is that so far in the New 52 this is the story that showed Aquaman's past in more detail.

So it would be a very good introduction.

#18 Posted by Justthatkid (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: If they with the other's I'd want the to kill them off during the movie. Budget cuts.

#19 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

origin would be cool off my head

a girl washes up on a shore and a man sees her he takes her in over time they bond and all and then they get married and have Arthur now in montage later one night arthurs dad wakes up to find she is gone.

Fast forward to a few yrs with Arthur in high school last yr wear he is champion swimmer he and his dad later go to save someone from drowning and one of the people say their family is under the sea(disney jab) and arthur rescues the person.Later Arthur is shown in his job??? where he "hears" fish he is approached by a man later and he tells him to follow him they leave and the man takes Arthur to atlantis and says he is their king Arthur is then trained in montages.

Arthur gets the costume and now Orm has made a deal with a shadowy person behind the scene who is black manta who attacks using tech he has Arthur fight with cool "man of steel" effects with black manta and saves atlantis revealing they exist to the world.

Tweaks:Arthur can leap tall bounds like supes,superspeed due to enhanced leg muscles and more invulnerable due to hybrid nature

There origin story.sequel would be scavenger kidnapping atlanteans andsteling weapons thanks to orm and govt. trying to get into atlantis.pt 3 would be Orm

ast smallville green arrow guy for arthur

#20 Posted by Justthatkid (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

New52 but heavily tie in Atlan and magic with advanced tech

#21 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Just adapt from the New 52.

#22 Edited by LyraFay (2515 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Black_Claw (2956 posts) - - Show Bio

Throne of Atlantis anyone?

#24 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

It would better for a sequel (unless you are implying this be the movie where Aquaman makes his debut).

#25 Posted by SilverPool (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

Just Aquaman by Geoff Johns Vol.1 would be fine. Throne of Atlantis would make an awesome sequel but could work as even a JL movie as well.

#26 Edited by Ostyo (7386 posts) - - Show Bio

Just do the New 52 Aquaman.

#27 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16188 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

It would better for a sequel (unless you are implying this be the movie where Aquaman makes his debut).

Naw. Use it for the first JLA movie to introduce Aquaman since there's no chance he's getting a solo one before then.

The alien invasion thing is overdone all ready (and we not even there yet), so it would be more than refreshing to see a threat from within Earth.

#28 Posted by Black_Claw (2956 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: That's what I've been saying ever since I was new to the vine! That would be a perfect way to brin the founders together and finally show general audiences that Aquaman isn't a joke at the same time.

#29 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16188 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

@fallschirmjager: That's what I've been saying ever since I was new to the vine! That would be a perfect way to brin the founders together and finally show general audiences that Aquaman isn't a joke at the same time.

Mhm.

Also, I really want to see Topo in a movie some way lol.

Be like "You talk to fish right"

Aquaman: "GIANT SQUID OCTOPUS MONSTER EATS YOU!"

#30 Posted by AquamanIsTheBest (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Something involving Black Manta or the Trench or both.

IF he isn't in the Justice League movie(You know, the one we're "Not" getting next year...winkwink) then he needs to be in the second one and I'll look forward to the day at Comi-con when they throw up on screen the title and it says "Justice League...pause...THRONE OF ATLANTIS"

#31 Posted by Farkam (4863 posts) - - Show Bio

The Trench.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.