What if Aquaman could fly?

#1 Posted by Aquamariner (203 posts) - - Show Bio
Bypassing the obvious comparisson with Namor... 

What if Mr. Johns decided to do something (actually) interesting with the King of the Seas and give him the power of flight?

Would it be cool? Would it be wierd? How would your opinion about him change? 

The Coolest Aquaman Pin up ever!
#2 Posted by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

how would making him fly be interesting...there are like a billion comic characters who can fly...what would make a flying Aquaman interesting?

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I see nothing interesting about giving Aquaman the power of flight.

#4 Posted by Hunter114 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

But he's from the sea... he should have water-based powers, flying is the opposite of that, which is why I think that Namor having the ability to fly is both stupid (for lack of a better or more appropriate word) and redundant.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Aquaman have hydrokinesis? 

#6 Posted by Agent9149 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

how bout he be a penguin and fly under water

#7 Posted by Amegashita (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

So he'll be a flying fish- man?  Congratulations, more stuff for Family Guy to make fun of.

#8 Posted by ImperiousRix (1050 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that it'd be interesting, but not really necessary. 
Aquaman is such a misunderstood character, having him be able to fly might at least give him more visibility and "wow" factor, but I like what they're currently doing with him on Brightest Day.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Then he'd be like Namor?

#10 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.. he doesn't need to fly. They just need to capitalize in the powers he already has, which are very vast. The only thing that would make sense is him having Hydrokinesis or increasing his telepathy, although he can already take out almost anyone with it. He should also use Poseidon's Trident more.
#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43644 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't need to fly. That's for Namor. What he needs is writers who will help make him a more respected character in the comic book community.

#12 Posted by ComicMan24 (147037 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" He doesn't need to fly. That's for Namor. What he needs is writers who will help make him a more respected character in the comic book community. "
This.
#13 Edited by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

" @MrDirector786 said:

" He doesn't need to fly. That's for Namor. What he needs is writers who will help make him a more respected character in the comic book community. "
This. "

Ditto
#14 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
"Does Aquaman have hydrokinesis?  "

I don't think so. Mera does.
#15 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Flying  or riding in a giant Cthuloid entity ? 

WIN
Aquaman does need your stupid skies

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.