What do you do if someone makes fun of aquaman.

#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

I see people say he's useless or lame or all he can do is talk to fish all over the internet especially youtube.

I give them a link to show his abilities and powers and tell them is that lame?

Basically if your an aquaman fan and someone says BS about him what do you do?

#2 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend to just ignore them. I also always ask the same thing, "Have you ever read his book?" and they say "I don't have to." Then I just walk away.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

*shrug* They're a shrinking minority.

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Punch them in the face >:)

#5 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Who still does that? I hear people make fun of Aquaman about as often as I hear people say "for me to poop on" or "all your bases belong to us."

#6 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

You do absolutely nothing. If they wanna be stupid let them.

#7 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Suprman said:

I always ask the same thing, "Have you ever read his book?"

All THIS.

or show them this:

#8 Posted by BlackWind (6497 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually ask why they think he sucks. I normally get the "Cuz all he can do is talk to fish and breath underwater, that's lame" Hearing that, it's obvious they never read a comic of his.

And if they're aware of what he can do, but still says he is lame for shallow reasons, they're usually the sort who are only impressed by things Batman or Superman do.

All in all, let'em be ignorant.

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I dealt with enough fan sh!t to just ignore it. If I let every jack a$$ comment towards one of my favorite characters get to me I would have left ages ago.

#10 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

You give them the Aqua finger!

#11 Posted by Trodorne (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW: If someone is making fun of Aquaman, I would say they are FISHING for a responce.

#12 Posted by cameron83 (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

it will be cooler and more sense if he controlled water as well

#13 Posted by nickzambuto (13799 posts) - - Show Bio

I join in.

#14 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@Suprman said:

I always ask the same thing, "Have you ever read his book?"

All THIS.

or show them this:

I used that exact image in defending Aquaman today. I normally just casually mention some of his exploits or abilities. Surprisingly, so far, everyone has responded with a basic "Oh, wow, I did not know that" rather than get defensive.

#15 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignorance is bliss. Leave them to it.

#16 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

If is funny I laugh then inform them that he is actually a cool character

#17 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect people may have a favorite character that a majority may think is lame but just roll with it. There's a reason the lame status is there & the more you fight it the more hilarious you look to them.

When you have a Green Lantern, Superman, Batman & then you have a guy who seemingly just talks to fish, just understand where the joke is coming from and roll with it. It is just a comic book character after all.

#18 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I use Conquer Haki on them.

#19 Posted by ReadItNow (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie heavy weights to their legs and push them into a lake

#20 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a darn thing.

#21 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Suprman said:

I tend to just ignore them. I also always ask the same thing, "Have you ever read his book?" and they say "I don't have to." Then I just walk away.

#22 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: He don't just talk to fish,go read boy

#23 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Understand what a joke is, "boy".

#24 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: O h Right,boy

#25 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7021 posts) - - Show Bio

Give them the Batstare

#26 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Suprman said:

this is the same thing that i say to superman and robin haters

#27 Posted by chalkshark (1190 posts) - - Show Bio

Forcibly hold their head under water while asking if they still think his super powers are lame.

#28 Posted by nerd217 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Laugh along too! Joking. He is actually a lot cooler than people make out though I prefer Namor.

#29 Posted by Black_Claw (2997 posts) - - Show Bio

I tell people that if Aquaman can summon sea creatures then he could have a pretty good chance of summoning Cthulhu. All my friends who bash Aquaman shut up when I tell them that.

#30 Posted by War Killer (20257 posts) - - Show Bio

I think of Jaws, and then I laugh.

#31 Posted by WarBlade539 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw: That's the way to do it. Welcome to Comic Vine.

#32 Posted by lordgawain (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be like that, thought Aquaman was a wuss. Then i started to read his comics with the new 52. Now i say to people, i thought like that, but then i read his comic and in my opinion, hes bad-ass

#33 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordgawain said:

I used to be like that, thought Aquaman was a wuss. Then i started to read his comics with the new 52. Now i say to people, i thought like that, but then i read his comic and in my opinion, hes bad-ass

Interesting...

Maybe if I can convince my friends...

#34 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11015 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Punch them in the face >:)

QFT!!!!

#35 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I look at their reasons why. If they're just parroting family guy, I ignore them, not because I think they're not worth talking to, but because I've found these people are rarely looking for a serious (and seriously nerdy) debate about a comic book character. If they seem to know the character and not like him for actual perceived flaws, I'll happily discuss it with them.

#36 Posted by Black_Claw (2997 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes on top of reminding my friends that Cthulu lives in the ocean, I remind them that Godzilla lives in the ocean as well and Aquaman could easily call them up to kick some ass.

#37 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Who started the whole trend of making fun of him in the first place? I feel like Family Guy is the first time I ever heard someone start making fun of him.

#38 Posted by SupBatz (1749 posts) - - Show Bio

@chalkshark said:

Forcibly hold their head under water while asking if they still think his super powers are lame

XD.

But seriously, I really haven't heard actual comic readers or anyone on the internet bash Aquaman. Like ever.

In fact, the only time I've ever heard any Aquaman bashing is in The Big Bang Theory.

#39 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

this is so funny, sorry to offend anyone.

#41 Posted by frostphoenix (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I always try to stay calm. Most of the time people that make fun of Aquaman don't read comics or they don't really care about the character, they only know the character from what people say of him or what they watch on TV. For example in family guy and other comedy based programs Aquaman is used as a joke and that is why they think this hero is lame.

#42 Edited by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

laugh

#43 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

MOTHERF*CKER IS THE KING OF 70% OF THE PLANET. WHAT ARE YOU KING OF?

#44 Posted by knightofthechronicle (692 posts) - - Show Bio

I let it slide. I tried to explain to my little brother that Aquaman's awesome but he always says "He talks to fish". Talking to these people is like talking to a brick wall, they just can't accept the change of something that they thought was lame becoming cool. Peeves me off every time though....

#45 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Roll my eyes and pray that they see the light soon.

#46 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Say well he could drown the whole world an freeze superman ssssooooo he wins ,,, or he could take the water out of the air an kill all the civilians an most superherod cuz most of em need oxygen

#47 Posted by lifeofvibe (3497 posts) - - Show Bio

I breath then tie tie them on anvil the push them into the ocean and say the following. Who going to save you now!! And wait for the. Bubble pop of aquaman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.