Water hand

#1 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard (numerous times) that Aquaman's water hand can dehydrate people on touch. However I never actually found any scan of Aquaman doing this. Does anyone have such scans? Thanks :)

#2 Posted by wbr17 (352 posts) - - Show Bio

I never saw it and when i ask for scans nobody never shows me. I think it's all a misunderstand. In issue #3 or #4 of lady of he lake arc he used the waterhand to counter the magic of an atlantean magical armor that Rodunn was using at time, it has water in it making atlantean survive out of water for longer time. Later he defeats an colossal magical creature with his hand, but he does that by breaking the spell not by dehydration.

But he might used it in JLA but i never read it and again no one ever showed me.

#3 Posted by batmannflash (6222 posts) - - Show Bio

Never seen it either. so idk

#4 Posted by ComicStooge (12878 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I've never seen this either.

#5 Posted by BlackWind (6375 posts) - - Show Bio

He only did it once, IIRC. Also the Lady of the Lake told him to not use the hand that way.

#6 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17572 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11 might have the scan.

I don't. I got these though, not that it answers your question.

Detatching / various examples of its healing powers / dispelling magic / scrying / hydrokinesis powers

It also can harden and form into other shapes, shoot water blasts, openportals to other dimensions and pretty much eliminates Aquaman's need hydrate.

#7 Posted by patrat18 (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea never seen that scan.

#8 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4335 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm hunting for it. heard of it............apparently it doesn't exist?

#9 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17572 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm hunting for it. heard of it............apparently it doesn't exist?

It never happened in Aquaman's main series. So if it did, it happened in some one shot or something.

Its listed on the official DC wiki for its powerset, but I haven't seen the scan.

Besides, the Water Hand is specifically given to Arthur so he can "heal the world". The Water Hand's healing properties are extremely powerful and the Lady of the Lake wanted it used only for that purpose. She even got mad when he was fighting too much with it.

So I don't really see it being used that way, even if its within its capabilities.

And its not like he needs it anyway, the hands' abilities are hax enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.