Wasted Forum.

#1 Posted by Justthatkid (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering if Arthur had a Atlantean last name like Orm or maybe the same last name of Marius?

#2 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Opod :p

#3 Posted by Justthatkid (3028 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by TheWolverine04 (185 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Orm is Aquaman's half-brother from their birth mother, Atlanna (exiled Queen of Atlantis). She was said to be forced into marriage with an Atlantean (with the last name Marius, of course) and thus gave birth to her 2nd born son, Orm. I hope in later issues, we could see the appearances of Ocean Master's biological father!

#6 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

If Aquaman was to have an Atlantean last name, it would come from his Mother's maiden name.

Pre-52, Orm was to be Tom Curry's son and Aquaman could possibly be given a last name pasted down from Orin, the wizard who helped give life to Arthur by seducing Atlanna in her dream or the last name of the king she was married to.

#7 Edited by Justthatkid (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: I'm more confused now :O I thought Orin was a name for Aquaamn, and the wizard was Atlan?

#8 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid said:

@raw_material: I'm more confused now :O I thought Orin was a name for Aquaamn, and the wizard was Atlan?

Lol sorry. The first Orin was the first king of Poseidonis and is the ancestor to those apart of the Atlantean Royal Family. Aquaman was given the name of his first ancestor at birth. Atlan on the other hand, was once an Atlantean being, son to a king of Atlantis named Honsu, I think. He was one of the few that related to Aquaman in such way. Atlan was also considered to have had the "Curse of Kordax" due to his hair being blonde and was banished from Atlantis. He then heard of life on the surface and settled there. Honsu then declared war on the surface world. After Crisis of Infinite Earths Aquaman's origins was revamped and this is where your getting confused. In this continuity, Atlan's spirit lived on and in Atlanna's dream, met and impregnated her. Soon, she gave birth to her first son, Orin also known as Aquaman or Arthur Curry. During this time, she was married to an Atlantean named King Trevis, which Aquaman could have received an Atlantean last name. He was the father of both Orm and Arthur, with different Mothers. Orm's mother was an eskimo woman and Arthur's was the Queen of Atlantis. All of this may confuse you cause they pretty much revamped Aquaman's continuity several times, specifically his origins. We all know about the default origin which is his Silver Age one and the current New 52 version; Tom Curry (Amnesty Bay lighthouse keeper) being his father and Atlanna (an exiled Queen of Atlantis) being his birth mother. I hope a cleared some things up. Let me know if you still don't get it. The reboots they did with the character makes lots of confusion.

#9 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid

This is where I confused you right? Don't worry about this, it's from a different continuity.

@raw_material said:

Pre-52, Orm was to be Tom Curry's son and Aquaman could possibly be given a last name pasted down from Orin, the wizard who helped give life to Arthur by seducing Atlanna in her dream or the last name of the king she was married to.

The one that we know of now and is the current origin is this one. Pretty much all you need to know.

@raw_material said:

New 52 Orm is Aquaman's half-brother from their birth mother, Atlanna (exiled Queen of Atlantis). She was said to be forced into marriage with an Atlantean (with the last name Marius, of course) and thus gave birth to her 2nd born son, Orm. I hope in later issues, we could see the appearances of Ocean Master's biological father!

....If Aquaman was to have an Atlantean last name, it would come from his Mother's maiden name.

#11 Posted by Justthatkid (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid said:

Lol sorry. The first Orin was the first king of Poseidonis and is the ancestor to those apart of the Atlantean Royal Family. Aquaman was given the name of his first ancestor at birth. Atlan on the other hand, was once an Atlantean being, son to a king of Atlantis named Honsu, I think. He was one of the few that related to Aquaman in such way. Atlan was also considered to have had the "Curse of Kordax" due to his hair being blonde and was banished from Atlantis. He then heard of life on the surface and settled there. Honsu then declared war on the surface world. After Crisis of Infinite Earths Aquaman's origins was revamped and this is where your getting confused. In this continuity, Atlan's spirit lived on and in Atlanna's dream, met and impregnated her. Soon, she gave birth to her first son, Orin also known as Aquaman or Arthur Curry. During this time, she was married to an Atlantean named King Trevis, which Aquaman could have received an Atlantean last name. He was the father of both Orm and Arthur, with different Mothers. Orm's mother was an eskimo woman and Arthur's was the Queen of Atlantis. All of this may confuse you cause they pretty much revamped Aquaman's continuity several times, specifically his origins. We all know about the default origin which is his Silver Age one and the current New 52 version; Tom Curry (Amnesty Bay lighthouse keeper) being his father and Atlanna (an exiled Queen of Atlantis) being his birth mother. I hope a cleared some things up. Let me know if you still don't get it. The reboots they did with the character makes lots of confusion.

Oh, ok thank you.

#12 Posted by BlackWind (5639 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't even clear that Atlanteans have surnames new 52. However my headcanon is that his mother intended.to call him Orin. I like the name so I keep it in mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.