Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4624 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Throne of Atlantis Animated Movie Confirmed

• 101 results
    MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I am sorry but this has really been bothering me and I have to say something, this is the DC animated universe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_animated_universe

everything after that, while it may be DC and animated, is its own thing *phew*

If War is any indication of the New 52 version of the Justice League (that is a bunch of douche bags except for maybe Batman, Flash, and Cyborg) then I have no desire to see it. Instead, they should invest their time and money in a Killing Joke and Kingdom Come animated films, but sadly I know that won't happen.

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By jonny1995

Even though I have not read the "Throne of Atlantis" story yet, I'm really excited that Aquaman is getting an animated direct-to-video movie.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This will be cool, but it's funny that we were told they'd only be doing original stories, but ended up going "eh...it's just animate N52".

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh come on DC, there are infinitely more stories you can adapt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Twentyfive

All I have to say is that it's about damn time!

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By hyperman

I only hope i get the chance to ser Aquaman in speedos XD

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Aquaman should have been in Justice League: War.

totally agree!

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good news. DC has had some misses with their animated films, but even the worse of them are far better than their recent live action films. I'm hoping Swamp Thing gets an awesome animated movie too.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@justthatkid: Aquaman knocked Superman down. Atlateans presented a challenge for Superman and Wonder Woman. A pissed off Superman also got knocked down.

That's just the Superman related PIS, I'm sure there's more.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC needs to pick up their game in 2D animation again

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@judasnixon:

Tell do you ever seen the movie liveaction "Batman and Robin"?

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read Throne of Atlantis, but don't remember much about it. This tells me it was ultimately a forgettable tale. It's possible I was hyped for it while it happened, though. I may reread it.

Anyway, you know what I agree with is that if DC/WB is going to make animated movies about their characters, they should definitely feature brand new stories. Because we can always go back and reread the comics these movies are adapted from. There's not much excitement in a watching a movie if you all ready know the whole plot.

Anyway, I see a lot of people here going on about how this movie is primarily about Aquaman, but I don't buy it. The title has the words "Justice League" in it, not Aquaman. I'm sure Aquaman will be featured somewhat prominently as the conflict is going to revolve around him, but I'm sure other members of the League will be featured about as much.

And what the heck does a "character driven plot" mean? All the times I've heard that term throughout my lifetime, I still don't get it. Aren't character and plot, as well as setting all different aspects of storytelling? I understand what "driven" means. I can see the plot affecting the characters, but characters driving the plot. I have no idea how that could happen. I figure I must be misunderstanding the term. I understand that characters must act how that particular character would act. But I'm really at a loss. Could somebody explain this to me?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Superguy1591

@justthatkid: Lols, he's still not strong enough to knock Superman down. Last I heard, he moved up to 35 tons? Yeah, Superman tanked the planet for 5 days without breaking a sweat. I think Earth weighs 6 sextillion tons(Gotta love Lobdell). =D

No Atlantean is man enough to fight Diana, not even King Arthur. It's less likely for Superman to be knocked down by a surprise hit because he's less likely to roll with the punches, as not to shatter someone's hand, than when he's paying attention.

And Superman's heat-vision is hot enough to boil planets, he can cut off Aquaman's hand.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm one of the people who liked the Flashpoint and Justice League: War movies. Haven't seen the one with Batman's son yet, so I can't say anything about it. Looking forward to this one though.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Superguy1591

@justthatkid: They finally got Arthur in the 100 ton list? Check out Arthur doing big things.

By tank, I meant that Superman wasn't crushed under the weight of 6 sextillion tons and he lifted it like it was his b!tch. I think that should count as a durability feat.

Aquaman fighting Wonder Woman is PIS, especially since you yourself admit that Aquaman got a boost in the N52...and even now he's still Diana's b!tch.

Superman has Atlantean Kryptonite in his eyes. He could easily dehydrated the whole lot of those fishmen.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: You gotta post a scan of 100 ton Aquaman in the pre-N52 continuity, I don't remember that.

Feats, sure, but it's implied otherwise.

Post a pick of 100 ton, then we talk about PIS.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds awesome. I loved the story arc in the comics

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Superguy1591

@justthatkid:

It was implied that she's the only person in the N52 capable of keeping up with Supes. It's also implied that only Superman could stop her gone rogue if she ever did, not Aquman. It's also implied in Unchained that Green Lantern is number 3 in the GL in terms of power, behind Superman and Wonder Woman. Feats aren't implication, they're solid evidence.

Aquaman held up a block underwater, no? Wonder Woman pulled a third of the planet in the N52. That's 2.3 sextillion...

Aquaman is not in Diana's league and he never will be.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: do you have a scan of Diana pulling a third of earth in new 52? Cause I thought that was pre 52

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: You specifically said

"Wonder Woman pulled a third of the planet in the N52. That's 2.3 sextillion..."

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: im not sure if you're lying to save face or telling the truth so im going to be a good person and believe you

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos911: We were talking about both the N52 and PC versions, i didnt bring in the PC version for fun.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I am disappointed in this idea of releasing slightly tweaked versions of recently printed stories, it just seems lazy. Plus it's not aided by their picks of pretty dreadful stories to base them on.

idk if thats lazy it would be lazier to copy it word for word, which i would have prefered for justice leauge war

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coo, Coo.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: I know I was paying attention to you guys its just that the keys for "n52" aren't close to "pc" on the keyboard. Again sorry if im coming off as rude

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: With War and Son of Batman, we are basically in a new 52 of animated movies now, it seems.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos911: They're not, but I must have posted N52 by mistake. I don't have to make up things to support Diana >>>>> Arthur, she always has, she always will. Only Superman can match her blow for blow in the N52 original 7.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: With War and Son of Batman, we are basically in a new 52 of animated movies now, it seems.

yeah i know,

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By chaos911

@superguy1591: OK fair enough. How did you feel about the flashpoint event?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Brilliant story, looking forward to see this. Love how it is following the comics. Hopefully on it's way to a Forever Evil Animated film. Would love to see them do some Animated movies of their solo series. Especially Batman, Court Of Owls, Death Of The Family. That would be epic.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rev_sulphur: I don't know. I kind of feel that would be a bit too much Batman. We already had Son of Batman, and he's got the Arkham movie coming out and the new Arkham game too. I think focusing on some other characters for a change would be a better pick. Maybe a Teen Titans story or a Red Hood and the Outlaws movie. Wouldn't mind a Green Arrow animated movie or even a Justice League Dark or a film for Shazam. They could even do a Trinity War movie and introduce The Specter, Pandora, and The Question.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96  Edited By rev_sulphur

@scouterv: I hear you. I didn't mean one after another but in time.I would love to see JLD myself and of course Shazam. I am loving their animated stuff wouldn't mind seeing some older story arcs adapted as well. Hush the animated movie anyone ?

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say is that I hope it's better than the last two movies. War and Son of Batman were so mediocre (at best).

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Here are my thoughts. Personally I don't like aqua man, not because is attitude and stuff but his costume. I though justice league war was a way to kind of tell us that shazam is the new aquaman and he wont be in the justice league, an alternate origin story. Than again the aquaman is flashpoint was badass and if they can get away with that kind of vibe it will be a movie worth seeing. It would be good to make aquaman be more appealing , I mean when was the last time you saw someone who said yeah aquaman is cooler than batman. Or wow i love aquaman's costume.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By kilowog52

I finally watched Son of Batman a few weeks back and I really enjoyed it. I don't get all the hate. War was much better than the story it was based off of. I'm really excited for Assault on Arkham. All this time I thought it was another video game.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.