so how did he get so popular so quik?

#1 Edited by lifeofvibe (3497 posts) - - Show Bio

i mean really what story line or appearence that boosted him into popularity so quick?

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

he's always been popular. even if it was for bad reasons, Aquaman is a well-known name.

he's just more appreciated (but still not enough) nowadays. mostly because the N52 series has been excellent as well as the Throne of Atlantis JL arc which was also exellent.

#3 Posted by youmessinwithme (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

probably since he's been getting way more exposure and way more impressive feats in the new 52, he seems to have a massive upgrade from the Aquaman pre flashpoint.

#4 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Bcuz geoff johns had a really good run

#5 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme said:

probably since he's been getting way more exposure and way more impressive feats in the new 52, he seems to have a massive upgrade from the Aquaman pre flashpoint.

Not really. Water-hand Aquaman is still his most powerful version by a large margin.

Besides. The power of characters rarely have anything to do with popularity. Batman and Spiderman are two of the most popular characters in comic existence and their powers are nothing in compared to many beings.

#6 Posted by MaccyD (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns...

#7 Posted by Xwraith (18676 posts) - - Show Bio

People assumed he was a joke for decades.

Then they started reading the New 52 and went "wow, he's a f*cking badass!"

#8 Edited by cameron83 (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme said:

Not really. Water-hand Aquaman is still his most powerful version by a large margin.

Besides. The power of characters rarely have anything to do with popularity. Batman and Spiderman are two of the most popular characters in comic existence and their powers are nothing in compared to many beings.

true

And he was just as much a badass as he was pre-new 52 as he is in the new 52 (Although I think he's even more badass pre-new 52..WAY more)

#9 Posted by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is my second favorite behind batman. The new 52 and even his new design are the reason people love him . His feats are amazing

#10 Posted by SupBatz (1749 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much Geoff Johns. Before the New 52, I thought Aquaman was lame like a lot of non-comic book readers. But after hearing great reviews, I picked up Johns' first issue. That was all it took to change my mind.

#11 Posted by JetiiMitra (8673 posts) - - Show Bio

He was already somewhat popular. All they had to do was have him stab Darkseid and say "I don't talk to fish."

#12 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Even before Geoff, he had some cred thanks to Peter David and Morrison.

#13 Edited by Black_Claw (2997 posts) - - Show Bio

Because of Geoff Johns. And some media exposure showing him as a badass (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Injustice: Gods Among Us)

#14 Posted by youmessinwithme (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: His standard version is way stronger in the new 52 than it was shown to be before. and if he was still written in that same way in comics currently his stories would be very different. and Batman is always written with the PIS powers of God so...

#15 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm Quik

#16 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns.

#17 Posted by Justthatkid (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme: Pre52 he could give people seizures, dehydrate, heal seems stronger.

#18 Posted by BlackWind (6498 posts) - - Show Bio

DC made a VERY big deal about the new 52. Hell, it was even on the news. That big a noise drew people in. New people. If you just randomly start something different, even if it turns out to be great, not as many people will try it out if it isn't advertised.

#19 Posted by BlackWind (6498 posts) - - Show Bio

DC made a VERY big deal about the new 52. Hell, it was even on the news. That big a noise drew people in. New people. If you just randomly start something different, even if it turns out to be great, not as many people will try it out if it isn't advertised.

#20 Posted by lifeofvibe (3497 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.