should i read the new aquaman

#1 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanted to start reading about a superhero other than batman and superman and my friend said the new aquaman is REALLY GOOD is it really good and do i need any pre new 52 knowledge to understand it?

#2 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7992 posts) - - Show Bio

YES. Go read it right now..and no, no pre-new 52 knowledge is needed.

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone should be reading aquaman

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter said:

Everyone should be reading aquaman

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24952 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and if any of you're friends makes a "He talks to fish" joke I ask that you drown them

#6 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

My answer is above.

#7 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19: complete reboot. no prior knowledge needed. great read. buy it!

#8 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Danial79 (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19 said:

i wanted to start reading about a superhero other than batman and superman and my friend said the new aquaman is REALLY GOOD is it really good and do i need any pre new 52 knowledge to understand it?

I'd never read any DC before the New 52, and Aquaman is now one of my favourites, so I think that speaks for itself :)

#10 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

In the name of everything holy... YYYYYEEEESSSS

#11 Posted by The Finality (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely agreed. I was a big Aquaman fan before the New 52, and I'm loving the stories by Geoff Johns. Highly reccommended. Putting Aquaman in the kind of stories he's at home in: fantasys where he fights sea monsters (The Trench), and in adventure stories more so than superhero stories (The Others). Similar to Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, Arthur's not your tradtional superhero, but his stories are a ton of fun.

#12 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, it's very good!

#13 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to be reading this comic. It is literally one of DC best comics. The art and writing is amazing.

#14 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

The most recent issue was a bit disappointing, but other than that, it's been fantastic.

#15 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

My answer is above.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

The most recent issue was a bit disappointing, but other than that, it's been fantastic.

Yeah, the last few issues have dropped in quality.

#17 Posted by sinestro_GL (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES!

Aquaman is definitely in my top 3 of the new 52.

#18 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they available in a book form yet?

#19 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

I disliked Aquaman before this now it is one of my favourite series in the New 52

#20 Posted by Danial79 (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

Are they available in a book form yet?

The first volume is out on September 5th.

#21 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

YES YES YES!

Aquaman is definitely in my top 3 of the new 52.

Same. Its a really greats series. I recently started getting it digitally, and it really stands out as an awesome first step into to Arthur's world. I didnt know much about Aquaman pre flashpoint but I love this book and have grown to dig the character. Plus the art is stellar.

#22 Posted by NewKid (367 posts) - - Show Bio

yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.