Set up: Superman and Aquaman

Posted by knightofthechronicle (681 posts) - - Show Bio

So what I want to point here before I get to the major topic is the similarities between Superman and Aquaman-

• both are from alien-like cultures- Superman and Krypton and Aquaman and Atlantis
  • both are super strong
  • both are super fast- if Aquaman can swim so fast he has to be able to run fast too.
  • both are able to super jump- Aquaman #1 and Action comics
  • both have invincibility- Aquaman too an extent
  • both have super hearing
  • both have enhanced eye sight- just not in the laser beam category for Aquaman
  • both have been married
  • both never knew their real parents- for Aquaman it's his mother
  • both have had sidekicks
  • both come from important families- The El family and Atlantis royalty
  • both are powered by the properties inside their bodies, not by some force

So I just wanted to state their similarites before I put out the major question- We all have asked the question who is the fastest runner, Flash or Superman? Well how about the question who is the fastest swimmer, Aquaman or Superman?

Tell me below or in the forums.

#1 Posted by BlackWind (6065 posts) - - Show Bio

Logically, it should be Aquaman. But somehow, Superman is likely better.

#2 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre DCnU Aquaman in an issue of Justice League (first series) were together underwater and Superman was helping Aquaman. Aquaman theorised he was faster than Superman underwater, but didn't want to make Superman feel bad. And he had other feets like 20000 feet in a second, etc

New DCU Aquaman has already gone much faster than Hypersonic speed, which is any speed > Mach 5, but we don't know his limits. Still a good indication. of his speed.

#3 Posted by BlackWind (6065 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11 said:

Pre DCnU Aquaman in an issue of Justice League (first series) were together underwater and Superman was helping Aquaman. Aquaman theorised he was faster than Superman underwater, but didn't want to make Superman feel bad. And he had other feets like 20000 feet in a second, etc

New DCU Aquaman has already gone much faster than Hypersonic speed, which is any speed > Mach 5, but we don't know his limits. Still a good indication. of his speed.

I remember once seeing someone complain that 20,000 feet per second(which is roughly mach 18) while in water was physically impossible. I could only lol considering there are far worse physics breaking feats in comics.

#4 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. Stuff like gaining the "power of a hundred suns" through a syringe or Superman dragging a dozen planets with a CHAIN come to mind. Or Batman surviving a single punch from a brain washed Supes without turning to Bat-paste. Or Hulk (or was it Juggernaut) PUNCHING through dimensions. Or...

#5 Posted by Danial79 (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that Superman can fly without any form of propulsion is enough for me to ignore comic physics :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.