Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Question about Aquaman

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DanialCarroll

I'm new to DC and therefore Aquaman (started reading with the New 52) and I had a question that's not fully explained in the wiki:

In Aquaman's Powers listing, it mentions that he can affect "any being evolved from marine life", but that would mean every animal on Earth. So does that mean Aquaman has used his powers on humans or any other animals? If so, to what extent? I think it would be cool to see him use his powers on humans, obviously not to the extent of control, but possibly subtle persuasion. That could add an extra level to his abilities.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Deranged Midget

No, he can't control humans or any land life to the extent that he does with marine life. At least, not that I've seen of.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By KnightRise

Back.when.he.had.the.water.hand.his.telepathy.extended.to.people.and.he.could.cause.seizures/anuerisms.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

Current aquaman has not been seen doing this

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Martian

He can control all forms of marine life, but not humans or other animals/alien species.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

He proved able to during Grant Morrison's JLA series when the team fought the White Martians.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@Deranged Midget: yes he can,but is pretty diffcult to control humans....he already control birds before

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By sethysquare

@Danial79 said:

I'm new to DC and therefore Aquaman (started reading with the New 52) and I had a question that's not fully explained in the wiki:

In Aquaman's Powers listing, it mentions that he can affect "any being evolved from marine life", but that would mean every animal on Earth. So does that mean Aquaman has used his powers on humans or any other animals? If so, to what extent? I think it would be cool to see him use his powers on humans, obviously not to the extent of control, but possibly subtle persuasion. That could add an extra level to his abilities.

That means evolution doesn't exist and he can only control marine life and animals living close to water source. Seagulls, penguins, polar bear, even silverfish (BATB)

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget

@matchesmalone21: Not exactly current Aquaman now is it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget: Not the current (yet,everything is possible),the previous can do this

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deranged Midget

@matchesmalone21: I know what the previous incarnation is capable of, but I assumed the OP was asking was regarding the current version of Arthur.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget: The OP says

He said that began to read from Aquaman 1 (New 52),buthis question is provided for the previous incarnation, since he is relying on the wiki information,that hasn't been updated

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

@matchesmalone21: Must've missed that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget: No problem

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.