Question about Aquaman

#1 Posted by Danial79 (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm new to DC and therefore Aquaman (started reading with the New 52) and I had a question that's not fully explained in the wiki:

In Aquaman's Powers listing, it mentions that he can affect "any being evolved from marine life", but that would mean every animal on Earth. So does that mean Aquaman has used his powers on humans or any other animals? If so, to what extent? I think it would be cool to see him use his powers on humans, obviously not to the extent of control, but possibly subtle persuasion. That could add an extra level to his abilities.

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he can't control humans or any land life to the extent that he does with marine life. At least, not that I've seen of.

#3 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Back.when.he.had.the.water.hand.his.telepathy.extended.to.people.and.he.could.cause.seizures/anuerisms.

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Current aquaman has not been seen doing this

#5 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

He can control all forms of marine life, but not humans or other animals/alien species.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12883 posts) - - Show Bio

He proved able to during Grant Morrison's JLA series when the team fought the White Martians.

#7 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: yes he can,but is pretty diffcult to control humans....he already control birds before

#8 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

I'm new to DC and therefore Aquaman (started reading with the New 52) and I had a question that's not fully explained in the wiki:

In Aquaman's Powers listing, it mentions that he can affect "any being evolved from marine life", but that would mean every animal on Earth. So does that mean Aquaman has used his powers on humans or any other animals? If so, to what extent? I think it would be cool to see him use his powers on humans, obviously not to the extent of control, but possibly subtle persuasion. That could add an extra level to his abilities.

That means evolution doesn't exist and he can only control marine life and animals living close to water source. Seagulls, penguins, polar bear, even silverfish (BATB)

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Not exactly current Aquaman now is it?

#10 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Not the current (yet,everything is possible),the previous can do this

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I know what the previous incarnation is capable of, but I assumed the OP was asking was regarding the current version of Arthur.

#12 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: The OP says

He said that began to read from Aquaman 1 (New 52),but his question is provided for the previous incarnation, since he is relying on the wiki information,that hasn't been updated

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Must've missed that.

#14 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: No problem

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.