Ocean Master and Namor

#1 Edited by csguterres (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or anyone else noticed some similarities between the new 52 version of Ocean Master and Namor? Kings, Anti-Heroes, They both are willing to do whatever it takes to protect Atlantis from the surface world...

#2 Edited by BlackWind (4013 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. But see where you might get the idea from.

Orm is honestly a villain in name only. While he did attack the surface, it was only because it looked like they hit first. Orm genuinely loved Arthur, and twice yielded the throne to him. Not to mention going by the words of Murk, Orm was nothing but fair to his subjects.

Namor is a hothead that Orm isn't, among otherr things.

Btw why isn't this in the Ocean Master forum?

#3 Edited by csguterres (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Not really. But see where you might get the idea from.

Orm is honestly a villain in name only. While he did attack the surface, it was only because it looked like they hit first. Orm genuinely loved Arthur, and twice yielded the throne to him. Not to mention going by the words of Murk, Orm was nothing but fair to his subjects.

Namor is a hothead that Orm isn't, among otherr things.

Btw why isn't this in the Ocean Master forum?

You are saying that New 52 Orm is actually a better person than Namor? Makes sense!

(But unfortunately I really think after getting out of prison, Orm will become a full villain wanting revenge on Arthur - and I can't blame him)

Well, I was torn between posting it on Namor forum or Ocean Master forum, so I chose another option instead xD

#4 Posted by BlackWind (4013 posts) - - Show Bio

@csguterres: Dunno about Orm being a better person.

Regardless, Arthur sending Orm to a surface prison is likely going to drive Orm to full blown villainy, and if it does, I'll find it hard to blame him.

#5 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7625 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Teerack (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind said:

@csguterres: Dunno about Orm being a better person.

Regardless, Arthur sending Orm to a surface prison is likely going to drive Orm to full blown villainy, and if it does, I'll find it hard to blame him.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if the Secret Society comes knocking on his jail cell door some time soon. I find it silly how retarded the League handled the Throne of Atlantis stuff, but then Batman brings up foreign polices in the next arch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.