Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

New Throne of Atlantis feature information

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By MrMazz

TVGuide (yea I know that dosen't make sense when talking about an animated home feature series that is only marginlly released on televsion though I guess VOD counts) has new information on the forthcoming Throne of Atlantis feature.

Arthur Curry voiced by Matt Lanter
    Arthur Curry voiced by Matt Lanter

Arthur Curry will be voiced by 90210 and Star-Crossed actor Matt Lanter but you've more likely heard him as Anakin in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Though the feature takes the name of the Justice League-Aquaman crossover, Rich Sands writing for the Guide says "Unlike the comic, the movie will focus on how young Arthur Curry discovers his aquatic heritage. Raised by his human father, when the movie begins he doesn't know that he is the heir to the throne of the watery kingdom."

That dosen't mean this is a solo Aquaman feature the cast of Justice League: War is still involved along with Sam Winter as Curry's brother Orm and Sumalee Montano, Katana in Beware the Batman, as Mera,

James Tucker is working as the Supervising Producer and had his own well known spin on the charater in Brave and the Bold "We meet him at a low point in his life, He's a little bit lost. His father has died and he's always been an outsider, so the one person who had his back is now gone. When that Atlanteans instigate incidents to escalate a war with the surface world, he doesn't yet know who he is. As he discovers his true history he's going to have a lot of choices to make. It's definitely about him finding his own path."

More information about Throne of Atlantis well be released when Batman: Assualt on Arkham comes out on Blu Ray.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

@justthatkid: I can't seem to find the post in question all I've found is something about the action figure desings.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.