New Character In AQUAMAN #7 Revealed

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to imagine Geoff Johns having any time to do very much what with being the driving creative force at DC Comics and all. Between his work on JUSTICE LEAGUE (DC's highest selling title), GREEN LANTERN and AQUAMAN as well as his role as DC's current Chief Creative Officer, it's shocking that the man has a moment to post on the DC Source blog for "funsies;" but he did.

Earlier today Johns revealed a new character that will be revealed in AQUAMAN #7. The issue will focus on "The Others" and will delve into "Arthur's past and his connection to a very different league." What could it be? Who are "The Others" and what sort of influence will they have on Aquaman in this revamped DC Universe?

We’ll take a look into Arthur’s past and his connection to a very different type of league he was once a part of and why, today, they’re forced to return. Even if that’s the last thing any of them want to do. Ancient Atlantean relics, mysterious new heroes, a deadly villain’s return and the truth behind Arthur’s transformation into Aquaman.

Johns introduced the character design for Kahina The Seer, the Tehranian oracle who is "skilled with a sword" will soon be introduced to Aquaman for the first time after a prolonged absence. What do you think of artist Joe Prado's rendition of the character? Have you been reading AQUAMAN?

Source: DC Source

#1 Posted by Danial79 (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooooo, nice :)

#2 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole concept is still very mysterious to me. Guess I'll just have to keep reading.

#3 Posted by crimsonfox69 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been reading Aquaman and I love it ... this new character looks stuning really waiting to see her in action with the others :D

#4 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm interesting u know it would be funny if manta and/or orm were on this team. Manta especially.

#5 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

eh...she doesnt look unique or interesting imo...

#6 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks very arabian.

#7 Posted by crimsonfox69 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said love her but reminds me of the Janissary

#8 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, but am I the only one that gets a Prince of Persia vibe from this design. I would add that is one of the reasons I enjoy it.

#9 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

eh...she doesnt look unique or interesting imo...

Probably Looks better colored.

#10 Posted by psbrown1989 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

can't waitfor issue 7!!!!!!!!!

#11 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2220 posts) - - Show Bio

Weren't they supposed to be called 'The Other League?'

#12 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the design!!!

#13 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying the series.

#14 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Beautiful! I love seeing professional quality artwork in comics!

#15 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11169 posts) - - Show Bio

......Garth.?

#16 Posted by frozenedge (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

She reminds of that awesome assassin from the Batman Beyond cartoon.

#17 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That character is absolutely awesome I say. Has a Prince of Persia look about her and for some reason makes me think of Pandora as well. As for who these "Others" are...well now Im intrigued as to who they might be but have no idea currently as to who they are.

#18 Posted by NightFang (9907 posts) - - Show Bio

@cracker_jack said:

Looks very arabian.

#19 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a really intriguing design... I'm not quite sure what to make of it... hence the intriguing bit... my gut reaction is a very positive one, curious with a touch of potential enamored potential... of I wasn't reading this book, I'd definitely be curious and would pick up an issue. Of course, I'm already getting it, so consider me well teased.

#20 Posted by The Impersonator (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

#21 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Aquaman's going full-on Prince of Persia-of Atlantis in the next arc :P

#22 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

To me she just looks like a stereotypical assassin/ninja. That's not to say the design isn't good.

#23 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it!

#24 Posted by chalkshark (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

There's something hauntingly familiar about that design.

#25 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

@Danial79 said:

I agree

#26 Posted by Sexy_Fella (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the detail across the chest and stomach. Although somewhat impractical if she's also an Atlantean - those robes are gonna be a (literal) drag in the water, aren't they?

#27 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks Like the female Blue Lantern Sister Sercy

#28 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

im really looking forward to this. I like the ieade of him being on another team. Have they said how old he is? Has he been around since the sinking of Atlantis or for 20-30 yrs (depending on his age)

#29 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the new 52 books Aquaman has been my favorite thus far.

#30 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sexy_Fella said:

Like the detail across the chest and stomach. Although somewhat impractical if she's also an Atlantean - those robes are gonna be a (literal) drag in the water, aren't they?

It appears this Others League, or whatever they are calling them, are not linked by citizenship in Atlantis or even anything in particular to do with the oceans. One of the other guys is a Russian cosmonaut. It appears that they each have a certain artifact, all of which are somehow linked. Aquaman's trident is his artifact. Aquaman happens to be the one aquatic guy on the team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.