New Aquaman Book

#1 Posted by Harlekin (682 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Jonns leaked that he'll be on a new Aquaman ongoing at MegaCon and I w as wondering how others feel about this. Me personally, I'm glad Aquaman is getting a new book, but kind of mad that Johns is writing every book at DC. We need some new voices for both DC and Marvel in my opinion.

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL YES! I LOVE AQUAMAN!

Geoff Johns shouldn't be writing it, though. I'm not looking forward to this purely for that reason.

Maybe Geoff will go back to the Geoff of old though. But I doubt it.

#3 Posted by A_O_N (352 posts) - - Show Bio

So that's why Flash is ending. I'm a tad disappointed.

#4 Posted by Captain13 (3520 posts) - - Show Bio

The only part of Brightest Day that I liked was Aquaman and Aqualad, so I'm looking forward to this. Has anyone else noticed that of the Big 7(Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter) only 2 members have had consistently great selling books, until Johns wrote GL and Flash and brought them back into prominence? Hopefully he can work his magic with Aquaman and set up a cool Aquaman themed crossover.

It would also be cool to see a well written Cyborg or Icon book. Just throwing that out there...

#5 Posted by Captain13 (3520 posts) - - Show Bio
@A_O_N said:
" So that's why Flash is ending. I'm a tad disappointed. "
Wait the Flash is ending? What's going to happen to the book after Flashpoint?
#6 Posted by A_O_N (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash is ending at issue 12, so I think its before Flashpoint even kicks off. It was announced on DC source, and the only reason I can think of is Johns having too much on his plate. It's doing well in sales even when it's constantly delayed.

#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@A_O_N: It'll probably just be taking a break during Flashpoint.
#8 Posted by Harlekin (682 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @A_O_N: It'll probably just be taking a break during Flashpoint. "
Have to agree with this. Can't really see Flash being gone for to long.
#9 Posted by A_O_N (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I hope you guys are right. The Flash has been a very slow-paced book and I was looking forward to future arcs. 

#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I thnk the Flash book needs to be about Barry, Wally and Bart not just Barry. Though I really liked it since Rebirth. 

As for an Aquaman book I'm kinda excited too. Been really liking Aquaman and the new Aqualad.
#11 Posted by Harlekin (682 posts) - - Show Bio

Now all that needs to be reveal is how many hands he will have, I'm hoping he has 3 you know spice it up a little. lol

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Harlekin said:
" Now all that needs to be reveal is how many hands he will have, I'm hoping he has 3 you know spice it up a little. lol "
He never should have lost his Water Hand. 
#13 Posted by Harlekin (682 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Harlekin said:
" Now all that needs to be reveal is how many hands he will have, I'm hoping he has 3 you know spice it up a little. lol "
He never should have lost his Water Hand.  "
Everytime I read him he ether had both hand, a hook, or was someone else. The water hand happened I believe during a comic dry spell for me.
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Harlekin said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Harlekin said:
He never should have lost his Water Hand.  "
Everytime I read him he ether had both hand, a hook, or was someone else. The water hand happened I believe during a comic dry spell for me. "
It wasn't around long, but it was fantastic. It made him so much more valuable to the JLA. His power increase was insanely awesome.
#15 Posted by Radread (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to this. I know my new book after Daredevil this year.
#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#17 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, I've been wanting for aquaman to get his own book again. But still does Geoff Johns have to write everything? Isn't DC aware that they employ other writers besides Geoff Johns?

#18 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

F YEAH! I'm in on this. Johns will do Aquaman right. hands or not.

#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger said:
"Finally, I've been wanting for aquaman to get his own book again. But still does Geoff Johns have to write everything? Isn't DC aware that they employ other writers besides Geoff Johns? "

He's also writing batman earth one.
#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (12394 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don't expect Arthur having any kind of a personal life with Geoff Johns writing it,to me thats whats killing Barry Allen.And Green Lantern is jam pack with action all the time
#21 Posted by DEGRAAF (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont care who it is i will be happy with Flash when they put Wally back as the head character of that book
#22 Posted by digimod (239 posts) - - Show Bio

I've enjoyed most everything that Johns has written at DC and look forward to reading Aquaman.  I'd can't imagine where DC would be right now without Johns.

#23 Posted by Harlekin (682 posts) - - Show Bio
@digimod said:
" I've enjoyed most everything that Johns has written at DC and look forward to reading Aquaman.  I'd can't imagine where DC would be right now without Johns. "
Grant Morrison would be writing every book.
#24 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this series to start... Has there been any news on this since it broke?

I recently reread the Peter David run from the 90s; I forgot just how awesome it was. I wouldn't mind seeing the hook or the water hand return, but the beard is a must! Without the beard he's too boring and generic looking. A costume change would be nice too. Actually, the way he looks in Young Justice is a good start.

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
@A_O_N said:
" So that's why Flash is ending. I'm a tad disappointed. "
Current Flash is boring, IMO. It's Johns' weakest work, month in and month out.
#26 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio
I like the Flash series, but I have to agree with @John Valentine , it's a bit slow in its pace -- which is highly ironic. Manapul's art is just beautiful, though.
#27 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13644 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOOOHOOOOO

maybe  he'll start getting some respect.

#28 Posted by The_Tree (7880 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very excited for it. I love Aquaman, and the new Aqualad is pretty cool, can't wait to see them fight Black Manta and some Atlanteans.

#29 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to hear Aquaman is getting his own book again.
#30 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
The only part of Brightest Day that I liked was Aquaman and Aqualad, so I'm looking forward to this. Has anyone else noticed that of the Big 7(Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter) only 2 members have had consistently great selling books, until Johns wrote GL and Flash and brought them back into prominence? Hopefully he can work his magic with Aquaman and set up a cool Aquaman themed crossover.  It would also be cool to see a well written Cyborg or Icon book. Just throwing that out there...

that would be awesome, right on!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.