new 52 superman and WW compared to new 52 aquaman.

• 125 results
#1 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

i make this topic because i want other people's oppinion.

some users like "comicfan11" and "fallschirmjager" have been telling me that new 52 aquaman is fast enough to tag and fight at super speed on land with new 52 superman and WW,they keep telling me how he tagged them,so he is fast enough to do it,but they weren't even using super speed against him,and they have reacted to faster things,that would be like trying to imply that superman and WW are as fast as flash at his topp speed because they have tagged him at some point,and "comicfan11" went as far as using hawkman tagging characters like superman and WW to prove the point,whic i think is just bad writting or thery were holding back.

i want to know your oppinion,do you think tha new 52 aquaman has the speed feats on land to prove he can tag superman and WW when they are being serious?,does new 52 aquamanhave the speed feats on land to prove he can fight and react against their top speed,specially against WW who is very well known for her super fast reflexes in battle?.

#2 Posted by Immortal777 (6686 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no

Aquaman is no where near Superman in any of his stats. I can't speak for WW since I haven't got around to her solo yet but I remember her being shown to be faster than Supergirl who prior to her scuffle with WW had an entire fight with Flash in the span of a second.

#3 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777:WW was too fast for supergirl,and WW was holding back,it's impposible for AQ to tag her on land since he isn't as fast as her.

#4 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Aquaman's leaping speed is at least hypersonic, like his swimming speed.

That's all.

Don't hold your breath for any New 52 WW strength feats because her only one so far is catching a plane while AQ is tossing around submarines and ocean liners.

Superman going by feats is above both AQ and WW strengthwise.

Also here

DC $hits on your thread.

PS. I'm not surprised that your hate goes strong.

#5 Posted by dondave (33473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no

Aquaman is no where near Superman in any of his stats. I can't speak for WW since I haven't got around to her solo yet but I remember her being shown to be faster than Supergirl who prior to her scuffle with WW had an entire fight with Flash in the span of a second.

#6 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave

:

DC comics, it' head writer, it's editors and it's executives say he can (tag her, not land 1000 hits per second or anything)

#7 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11:don't come here to troll around,so far nobody agrees with you here.

#8 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior

:

Said the guy who posted spiteful messages in the Aquaman Respect thread just because Aquaman is faster than you want to make him.

Oh the hypocrisy is amazing.

You made this thread just because even WW fans proved you wrong and now you want to vent, spreading lies.

Not gonna happen,

#9 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior

:

Said the guy who posted spiteful messages in the Aquaman Respect thread just because Aquaman is faster than you want to make him.

Oh the hypocrisy is amazing.

You made this thread just because even WW fans proved you wrong and now you want to vent, spreading lies.

Not gonna happen,

what WW fans?,powerwoman said she didn't have many feats,what other WW fan agree with you?,get your facts right.

#10 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: My facts are fine.

You lost every chance of being taken seriously when you dropped our debate in the WW discussion thread and rushed to the Aquaman respect thread to post your spite.

I'm here to make sure other posters know why you made this thread.

#11 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14715 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude. They were standing in 1 foot of water when Aquaman punched Superman off-panel and fought evenly with WW.

If Superman is so much faster, he would have been able to react and block Aquaman's punch. If WW is so much faster, Aquaman wouldn't have had his hands around her throat. He's clearly fast enough to fight them.

Unless you're going to try to argue that swimming speed comes into effect in 1 foot of water - lololol

As far as strenght goes, Superman's "earth bench press" is certainly higher than Aquaman, but WW doesn't have anything that puts her out of his league. And WW is strong enough to hurt Supes.

#12 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: @comicfan11:most people don't agree with you,nobody thinks AQ is as fast as superman and WW on land to be able to tag them,only AQ fans think that.

#13 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14715 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Facts > opinions.

what facts?,aquaman has no comparable speed feats on land to prove he can tag them.

so now you are gonna play the game of the other user?,he even tried to imply hawkman can tag WW,you are being ridiculous,these characters are not on the same level speed wise,don't try to use plot devise feats to prove that AQ is an speeder on land because he is not.

#15 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: lolololololololol

Aquaman tagged WW in a major DC event that took palce in 2 different books for all to see.

LOLOLOL

And you a spiteful WW fanboy, who goes out of his way to post discrediting posts in a respect thread and make threads out of spite like this one, having no knowledge whatsoever about Aquaman about his feats pre, during (when he fought WW for half a dozen issues on land) and after Flashpoint try to come out as objective.

You are truly a piece of work and I feel sorry for all the WW who have to put up with your antics in the WW forums.

Get ready for the sequel to Throne of Atlantis after Forever Evil.and without a doubt, more tagging.

If you ever write a comic in DC and have any saying in continuity we'll from WW punching the sun out, as you still imagine her.

#16 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: lolololololololol

Aquaman tagged WW in a major DC event that took palce in 2 different books for all to see.

LOLOLOL

And you a spiteful WW fanboy, who goes out of his way to post discrediting posts in a respect thread and make threads out of spite like this one, having no knowledge whatsoever about Aquaman about his feats pre, during (when he fought WW for half a dozen issues on land) and after Flashpoint try to come out as objective.

You are truly a piece of work and I feel sorry for all the WW who have to put up with your antics in the WW forums.

Get ready for the sequel to Throne of Atlantis after Forever Evil.and without a doubt, more tagging.

If you ever write a comic in DC and have any saying in continuity we'll from WW punching the sun out, as you still imagine her.

flashpoint is no cannon,you think AQ can fight at super speed like WW can on land?,you think he can tag her,react and move as fast as her?,but you can't prove it.

#18 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a battle, moving to the Aquaman forum.

Also, @comicfan11 and @gokuwarrior, I highly recommend you guys simmer down and converse civilly.

i think it's better to put this on the gen discussion,and since you are here,can you give us your oppinion?.

#19 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I have posted multiple feats that show Aquaman possessing some degree of Superspeed on land.

After gokuwarrior claimed that WW can reach a certain speed on land, I calculated AQ's leaping / charging speed and it's very similar.

Another poster also made the same calculations, and found the same results.

When I confronted gokuwarrior on the fact that according to him AQ should be able to reach similar speeds, his response was going to the Aquaman Respect thread and posting lowballing, immediately after he was proven wrong.

Now he made this thread to try and convince anyone uninformed enough that he is right.

At least 2 more posters can confirm this.

So from my side I had no intention to continue this, but I wouldn't stand around as he was going around lowballing.

#20 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I have posted multiple feats that show Aquaman possessing some degree of Superspeed on land.

After gokuwarrior claimed that WW can reach a certain speed on land, I calculated AQ's leaping / charging speed and it's very similar.

Another poster also made the same calculations, and found the same results.

When I confronted gokuwarrior on the fact that according to him AQ should be able to reach similar speeds, his response was going to the Aquaman Respect thread and posting lowballing, immediately after he was proven wrong.

Now he made this thread to try and convince anyone uninformed enough that he is right.

At least 2 more posters can confirm this.

So from my side I had no intention to continue this, but I wouldn't stand around as he was going around lowballing.

you used katana and hawkman as examples for AQ tagging WW,that is lowplaying her speed,so you started,and i didn't discredit AQ speed on land,i said he is not as fast as superman and WW so he shouldn't tag them.

#22 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: It stays on the Aquaman forum.

My opinion? I've been a lot more impressed by Aquaman's feats under Johns than I have of Wonder Woman's under any of her writers. Wonder Woman doesn't have a whole lot in the way of showings of super-fast reflexes that suggest that Aquaman would be completely out of his league if she went "all out". When she does, you can bring them up, but right now she doesn't. Superman is a different matter entirely. He has the feats to show his strength and speed are superior to Arthur's.

any of her writters?,are you talking about new 52 or her whole career?.

#25 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I already said I had no problem to consider Katana and Hawkman PIS, didn't I?

You on the other hand can't even answer a simple yes or no to the question whether or not Aquaman's leaping speed is roughly similar to WW, after you yourself specified her speed, thinking AQ would not have a similar feat

Not only that but you refuse to accept that Aquaman who has fought one on one against Frankenstein, a character who tagged both Shazam and WW, should be able to at least tag WW.

And of course you consider the Throne of Atlantis PIS, an event written by DC's master architect, approved by a dozen editors and refferenced throughout the entire DC.

So not if the moderator wants, he can check our post history to see who is telling the truth here.

#26 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I understand and I deeply apologize.

I also thank you for the voice of reason.

Our post histories are available for you to see in case you want to see who started going out of his way.

I'll do my best not to debate with this "poster" again, now that this is finally done.

And believe me I posted feat after feat, used continuity etc, but sometimes it's just impossible.

#27 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:in the new 52 she was too fast for supergirl whil holding back,and blocked omega bams,that put her speed above AQ on land.

#28 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I understand and I deeply apologize.

I also thank you for the voice of reason.

Our post histories are available for you to see in case you want to see who started going out of his way.

I'll do my best not to debate with this "poster" again, now that this is finally done.

And believe me I posted feat after feat, used continuity etc, but sometimes it's just impossible.

you used frankenstein as proof too when he has no feats to prove he is as fast as shazam and WW.

#29 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Please stop.

You don't even know anything about Frankenstein and his powers (until I mentioned him).

The writers make continuity and current continuity support my case way more than yours.

We got called by a mod, and he gave an edge to my argument.

Let it go.

WW is still one of DC's tops.

But she is not the untouchable behemoth you make her to be.

And dude don't make another lowballing thread about Aquaman if you are pissed. It's not worth it.

#30 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Please stop.

You don't even know anything about Frankenstein and his powers.

The writers make continuity and current continuity support my case way more than yours.

We got called by a mod, and he gave an edge to my argument.

Let it go.

WW is still one of DC's tops.

But she is not the untouchable behemoth you make her to be.

Frankenstein is not an speeder,show me that he has speed in shazam and WW league,and citezenbane also said that AQ can't tag superman.

#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur has impressed me more often than not and honestly, Diana hasn't done anything to solidify that she's any closer to Clark than Arthur is. Regardless of that, neither are even remotely in his league aside from characters stating that Diana is.

#32 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14715 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: @gokuwarrior: There's yet another example I was going to bring up but my internet crapped about for about 15 minutes.

Anyway. During the first issues of JLA Darkseid shows up - tags Superman, WW, Aquaman and Green Lantern.

Guess what? Aquaman stabs Darkseid in 3 different panels. One in the chest in JLA. Once in the face in JLA and another time in the chest in Action comics!

So unless you're going to claim all of them were holding back against Darkseid...your argument of Superman and WW "holding back" is pretty much debunked.

@citizenbane: My bad. Won't happen again.

#33 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: That's 2 mods, a WW fan and at least 2 other posters saying you are in the wrong.

Let it go.

And if you want Frankensteins feats or an explanation, pick up one of his comics or send J.DeMatteis an email and ask about his powers.

No sarcasm, but you can't disprove continuity.

#34 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:it does not make sense for shazam,superman and WW to be tagged by slower people than them like AQ,that's the point,and bye.

#35 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14715 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: So are you claiming Darkseid is slower than them? Because he tagged every member of the JLA (including Flash with his Omega Beams) and Aquaman had no trouble inflicting serious harm on him.

Aquaman is only slower by your biased opinion of him. The facts say otherwise.

They were 100% fighting on land BTW.

#36 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Dude you can't know Aquaman's or Frankenstein's top speed if the writer doesn't limit them.

We haven't seen their limits.

In the case of Aquaman especially we have many superspeed charges and leaps in continuity, so let it go.

In other words they are not slow, just because you believe them to be.

The writers say they are fast, then they are fast.

It's like saying that because you haven't seen a speed feat for Superman in 5 months, or since the begining of the New 52, and then he does one, that's PIS.

No that's continuity.

#37 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: So are you claiming Darkseid is slower than them? Because he tagged every member of the JLA (including Flash with his Omega Beams) and Aquaman had no trouble inflicting serious harm on him.

Aquaman is only slower by your biased opinion of him. The facts say otherwise.

AQ is slower than superman and WW on land,they have better speed feats on land.

#38 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I already proved that AQ's charging is similar to WW's max speed (so far) in NuDCU.

A speed you provided.

#39 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14715 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: And yet you haven't posted even one of them.

We've given you scans of Aquaman tagging both of them. Darkseid was fast enough to tag the entire JLA and Aquaman tagged Darkseid 3 times over.

At this point I don't even know why I am bothering. We've given you proof that directly conflicts your baseless statements.

#40 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Dude you can't know Aquaman's or Frankenstein's top speed if the writer doesn't limit them.

We haven't seen their limits.

In the case of Aquaman especially we have many superspeed charges and leaps in continuity, so let it go.

In other words they are not slow, just because you believe them to be.

The writers say they are fast, then they are fast.

It's like saying that because you haven't seen a speed feat for Superman in 5 months, or since the begining of the New 52, and then he does one, that's PIS.

No that's continuity.

they have never showed speed feats they way shazam,superman and WW do,and we don't know superman,new 52 shazam and WW limits either.

#41 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: And yet they have.

And let's make something clear.

This is New 52. WW's previous incarnation is 100% irrelevant. So the "never" comment has no merit at all.

You provided WW's current top speed and I provided AQ's charging speed and they are similar.

And on top of that you have AQ directly tagging her after she lassoed him.

So there you have it.

Both a direct and indirect feat that prov you wrong,

#42 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: And yet they have.

And let's make something clear.

This is New 52. WW's previous incarnation is 100% irrelevant. So the "never" comment has no merit at all.

You provided WW's current top speed and I provided AQ's charging speed and they are similar.

And on top of that you have AQ directly tagging her after she lassoed him.

So there you have it.

Both a direct and indirect feat that prov you wrong,

no they haven't,they are slower so they shouldn't tag them.

#43 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: No that's your belief.

Current continuity, 2 mods and everyone without a reading comprehension problem say you are wrong.

Aquaman tagged WW after she lassoed him. Period.

Issue 16, Justice League. Easy to find.

And I proved that their speeds are comparable after you yourself gave WW's speed.

And you don't get to say what character written by profesional writers "should" or "shouldn't" do.

You are not making continuity. They are.

You are there to accept it. If you don't like it read a different book.

I don't like Miami Heat, but the are repeat champs.

I move on and I accept that, BECAUSE IT HAPPENED.

#44 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: No that's your belief.

Current continuity, 2 mods and everyone without a reading comprehension problem say you are wrong.

Aquaman tagged WW after she lassoed him. Period.

Issue 16, Justice League. Easy to find.

I don't like Miami Heat, but the are repeat champs.

I move on and I accept that, BECAUSE IT HAPPENED.

what do you mean by without a reading comprehension problem?.

#45 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I mean every objective poster / reader / comic fan.

Not a fanboy if you will.

#46 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11 said:

@gokuwarrior: I mean every objective poster / reader / comic fan.

Not a fanboy if you will.

you call me a fanboy?,then i can say you are the fanboy.

#47 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Whatever.

I guess the mods are fanboys also since they disagree with you on this particular topic.

Are we done?

#48 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Whatever.

I guess the mods are fanboys also since they disagree with you on this particular topic.

Are we done?

oh the mods,the mods,all of you are azz fans,of course you are going to agree,deep inside you like her being weak.

#49 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: you are venting

so are we done?

no,and if it wasn't for the fact that i can't sleep becuse i have a terrible flu that is making me feel like hell,i wouldn't have been answering for so long,so you'll have to excuse me if i have been tough.

and again,i guess you want her to be weak.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.