New 52 Aquaman Respect Thread

#201 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:

cheetah let them beat her on purpose so that isn't a real feat since it was her plan to let them catch her.

#202 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

*gives respect*

#203 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@mighty_dude: @comicfan11: @raw_material: @blackwind: @jwalser3: @lady_toyano: More scans

Aquaman 21

In ocean depths Arthur catch a Scavenger's submarine and throws out of water,trepassing the pressures of the ocean. Then superleaps on top of it,ripping a large portion of the hull with the Trident. Noticed the Atlanteans doesn't follow him,because he's faster than all of them.
Jump through a boat to reach the portal to Xebel,swimming for hours in completly darkness whistanding artic temperatures underwater.

#205 Edited by BlackWind (6754 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: That's a very good feat. The submarine's weight, submerged, being thrown through those pressures to the surface without losing momentum is nice. Also, even though he admitted the water was cold, he still withstood it, nice to see Atlanteans can ignore cold temperatures. Btw, do you have any Mera feats?

#206 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: This issue had some top feats.

Firstly the confirmation that AQ is essentially a super-Atlantean and is physically superior to normal Atlanteans (much faster at least)

Then the submarine throw. He didn't just lift it but tossed it from the bottom of the ocean to the top. From a quick wiki search the weight of russian n. sub ranges from 7100 to 48000 tons.Consistent with his cruise ship feat.

I just want to note that AQ is not actually searching for Mera for hours. He says it feels like hours, probably due to the Xebel dimension rift. And it's a good durability feat tanking the coldness, but pretty standard I'd guess to this point.

And wrecking the boat in one hit is also cool.

And great climax to the multiple simultaneous storylines.

#207 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice sub marine throwing ^_^... sooo, how would he handle in a biff against WW? cause judging by these scans Aquaman seems really strong. Just them two, new 52 incarnations. (NOT STARTING A VS THREAD, just looking for opinions for AQUAMAN'S chances out of 10)

Thanks

#208 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice sub marine throwing ^_^... sooo, how would he handle in a biff against WW? cause judging by these scans Aquaman seems really strong. Just them two, new 52 incarnations. (NOT STARTING A VS THREAD, just looking for opinions for AQUAMAN'S chances out of 10)

Thanks

#209 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Very nice,this is one of his best strenght feats so far,I don't haver her scans.

@comicfan11: Unfortunatelly we don't have enough info to support or deny,because we don't how much time takes to reach that dimension or which Arthur was to reach there...

@gokuwarrior: Ok,agreed. Still Aquaman control the piranhas.

#210 Posted by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Nice scans of Aquaman's recent feats. Keep up the good work bro.

#211 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio
#212 Posted by patrat18 (10141 posts) - - Show Bio
#213 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqua man goes hard

#214 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: I download the issues via torrent

#215 Edited by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the cover art for Aquaman #23 art done by the collaboration of Paul Pelletier and Sean Parsons. This issue will be released on August 28. Are we gonna be seeing Aquaman face off against Scavenger?

It sure seems like it!

#216 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: I doubt it, because if that happens he'll be dead for sure, because Arthur will not leave alive who attacked his kingdom. Scavenger will escape for sure and later become member of SSS,his picture can be seen in JLA 6

#217 Posted by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: I doubt it, because if that happens he'll be dead for sure, because Arthur will not leave alive who attacked his kingdom. Scavenger will escape for sure and later become member of SSS,his picture can be seen in JLA 6

That's true. We'll probably see a short confrontation between the two though. And I've noticed that as well. Definitely an easter egg (clue) depicting him being apart of the Society. Nice job pointing that out.

#218 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Thanks mate and tonight I willpost scans from JLA 6,okay?? I would like to see that,see what kind of weapons Scavenger have or who knows maybe some robots pretending to be him.

#219 Posted by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Thanks mate and tonight I willpost scans from JLA 6,okay?? I would like to see that,see what kind of weapons Scavenger have or who knows maybe some robots pretending to be him.

Maybe, but I think it's the real Scavenger. Aquaman finally catches him in the act of stealing Atlantean weapons and tries to stop him. It looks like Scavenger's using a highly advanced weapon, so most likely we'll be introduced to other Atlantean weaponry and maybe some relics as well.

#220 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: I believe that's not him,because in the latest issue Scavenger was aware that Aquaman would look for him in the submarine and then remained at his secret base,he is more manipulative than is a fighter. The weapon used by him is partially atlantean in origin and add his own tech,he stole the atlanteans weapons to create weapons for his army and not to sell as Arthur thought.

I believe there will be more reliquiasalém of existing, the most important is that we'll know the true power hidding in the trident, because surely the First King explain its function

#221 Edited by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@raw_material: I believe that's not him,because in the latest issue Scavenger was aware that Aquaman would look for him in the submarine and then remained at his secret base,he is more manipulative than is a fighter. The weapon used by him is partially atlantean in origin and add his own tech,he stole the atlanteans weapons to create weapons for his army and not to sell as Arthur thought.

I believe there will be more reliquiasalém of existing, the most important is that we'll know the true power hidding in the trident, because surely the First King explain its function

This might be true too. He is smart and tactical enough to create well thought plan of actions. This might be one of Scavenger's newest addition in order to catch Aquaman off guard. He is wearing another suit than the one we seen on him in the earlier issues of this story arc. And I'm quite sure they will (talking about the trident) and will elaborate on it's true powers. Hopefully they imply some awesome feats with it for us to "feed" off of.

#222 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: That's right. At first glance I didn't realize the difference between the armors, but I noticed that this armor has cables connected to the submarine. I can't wait to see the true power of the Trident,did you know Aquaman will be featured in Zero Year?

#223 Posted by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Are you talking about the story arc in the Batman title? I've been meaning to pick up on the current issue of Batman. Really wanna read this story of his.

#224 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Actually is more than a story arc is also an event (basically), because of Trinity war/Forever Evil some comics have their stories situated in the past, to show some points overlooked or not mentioned about the heroes

#225 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio
#226 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Nice!

There's also a later page I think where Hawkman gets treated but he is not healing right after the fight.

#227 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: I have those scans,but I'm not sure that it was because of Aquaman or because of his own healing factor, because it still is gaining control over the Nth metal.

#228 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Posted by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: @matchesmalone21: Is it me, or if you look closely into the cover shot I posted for issue #23 you could see bodies floating to the surface? Is this Scavenger's men here and are they fighting in a torn up submarine? Hmmm...

#230 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Yes there is bodies floating around,bodies from atlantis and Scavenger's henchmen.

#231 Edited by Insanezucchini (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Another Cruise Liner feat, though this one is rusted and broken, throwing it at the Dead King. From Aquaman #22.

#232 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: @crouchingtiger: @raw_material: @insanezucchini: @comicfan11: More scans

Aquaman 22

Summon sharks to distract the Dead King,while rescues Mera.
Lift and throws a huge cargo ship at the Dead King.
Dodges ice daggers and then takes one of the strongest punch in New 52.

Breaking Dead King's ice constructs.

Dead King's constructs is hard enough to pierce atlantean armor and Arthur skin,nevertheless endures that punishment.

#233 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Great feats in this issue man. AQ is becoming more of a beast with every passing issue. Strength, durability, reflexes. Niiice

@raw_material: Yeah they seem like casualties from the Scavenger attack.

#234 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: About the suit being technnologically adavnced

@comicfan11: Oh Yeah. :D

I think Aquman should be considered nearly Superman's level of strength,I just to want to see more feats on land,to determinated his speedand strength.

#235 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I'd like if they keep Aquaman at Wonder Woman levels actually. If Wonder Woman looses her Shit, and superman can't handle it alone, i'd expect a shout out from Supes to Aquaman for helping him handle that crazy lady... or Shazam can help too actually... anyways, Aquaman = Wonder Woman is awesome and powerful enough.

#236 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Superman level might be to much (without an in story explanation and powerup - and judging from the solicits of issue 24 a powerup seems quite possible). Anyway Supes is and should be the standard for an Earth based character carrying the title "most powerful".

As Baberaham_Lincoln said Aquaman around WW's level is quite ideal and so far that's the way it is. WW has her advantages (flight, Lasso, bracelets) as has AQ (underwater adaptation, Trident, telepathy, an army) and their brief fight showed them on the same level (as has Flashpoint under the same writer).

#237 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln: It would be better,but still WonderWoman is nearly Superman's levels anyway.

#238 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio
#239 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Nearly, but not there. Superman seems OP imo... i don't know why, but when he 'let's loose' he kinda goes ape shit and one punches almost anyone. How bout this:

Aquaman + Wonder Woman = Superman?? (or as close as you can get?)

#240 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio
#241 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio
#242 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Hmm interesting,maybe he can use magic...ashe does before with Water hand

#243 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I'm hoping for water control (through the trident) or weapon recall (like Vulko summons the Scepter in AQ 16 out of thin air). Or at least some sort of magic protection field or something.

My first choices though are water control and weapon recall.

#244 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: I'd like to see the telepathy being upgraded,being capable to affect people or/and command directly the marine life,upgrade his sight giving Sonar...

#245 Posted by patrat18 (10141 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: agreed i want to see him do what mera did to get to the airplane, not by weapon but new found power when the king tells him his real origin.

#246 Posted by patrat18 (10141 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: do you have any plans on making any more respect threads for the new 52 anytime soon?

#247 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: He has. Just type up new 52 respect threads, and there's a bunch of Characters of the New 52.

http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/4010-10/forums/new-52-respect-threads-672946/

#248 Posted by patrat18 (10141 posts) - - Show Bio
#249 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8958 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Not for now,but soon as possibleI will!!

#250 Posted by The Stegman (24988 posts) - - Show Bio

Another Cruise Liner feat, though this one is rusted and broken, throwing it at the Dead King. From Aquaman #22.

Just read this issue, and I was in awe when I saw this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.