New 52 Aquaman Respect Thread

#151 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio
Dodging Black Manta's heat vision
Witha single spear blow tear Black Mant's helmet in half and then broke his arm,while taking a eletrical dagger on the chest

@comicfan11: Nice catchs dude!!!

#152 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: @Danial79: @Alexander505: @DEADPOOL: I'm back

He's strong enough to hold and choking Cheetah. Aquaman's marine control powers extended to beings of freshwater
#153 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

weird that the trident has only 3 points. lol

#154 Posted by BlackWind (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Well duh, its a TRIdent.

#155 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

@sethysquare said:

Well duh, its a TRIdent.

well duh its meant to be sarcastic, because since the revamp, he hasn't used the TRIdent for a long time.

#156 Posted by dondave (34646 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11 said:

Fighting Speed & Fighting skills

Aquaman is faster and casually defeats 2 Talons, superhuman assassins (that posses superhuman speed, strength and a healing factor) while casually having a funny conversation with GL

Leaping & Fighting

Aquaman take's down a Parademon during Apocolypse's first invasion.

Leaping, Fighting & Trident's power

Aquaman leaps and stabs Darkseid. He was the ONLY Leaguer to draw blood from Darkseid.

where are these scans from?

#157 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Thx!

#158 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: First one is from Justice League 08, second from Action Comics 10, third from DCU Presents 00

#159 Posted by dondave (34646 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Thanks

#160 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: @comicfan11: @sethysquare: @ckuakini: more scans

Justice League & Aquaman 15

#161 Posted by cameron83 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: but in the comic wonder woman was able to stab him in one of the eyes,aquaman took out the other one

#162 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Aquaman was the only Leaguer to draw blood from Darkseid's body (chest). Both AQ and WW took out his eyes, but only AQ had an effect on Darkseid's "armor"

#163 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Strength : Aquaman punches through a collapsed island (You can see the size of the wall on the first scan)  

Super Speed / Leaping : Aquaman leaps from the ocean and takes the artifact right from Manta's hands, before Manta and the Atlanteans can react.

Telepathy : Aquaman uses telepathy on some marine life and sends it to Atlantis. Long distance and duration effects.
#164 Posted by Alphaproto (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is the only thing about new 52 that I respect. The.....only......thing!

#165 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Strength / Durability : Aquaman smashes through a boat and takes out Scarecrow's henchmen. Minor but nicely illustrated feat.   

Super Speed & Leaping : Aquaman streaks through Gotham to save Gordon and Bullock & then leaps to a close building carrying them

Superh Speed, Leaping & Reflexes : Aquaman (on the background of the first panel, the distance is evident) manages to jump and catch a falling Mera and land on a rooftop again.

Bad@ssery & Fighting Speed  (?) / Skill  (?) : The Justice League don't trust Aquaman enough (they act like jerks) and so Aquaman decides to solve the Atlantean matter his way. That means going up against the JL. We see him casually grab Batman by the throat (before any member of the JL can react) as the battle is ready to begin. If you wondered why Batman's voice sounds like he is choking all the time (think Nolan's Batman), you have your answer here courtesy of the King of the Seas. 
#166 Posted by BlackWind (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

Great scans. I feel this story will show that Atlantis could crush the surface anytime they wanted to.

I'm feeling Mera's new outfit. The sleeves needd to go. Also, I notice she is bleeding once she overexerts herself, just like in Brightest Day. Glad Johns remembered that.

#167 Posted by mighty dude (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, Aquaman is a boss!

I'm also loving the sick trident action, however I do have one question that's been bugging me; how exactly does his trident stay on his back? It always seems to be resting across his back but there doesn't appear to be any strap or holster. I mean, surely somebody at DC has thought this through. Well if anybody knows, please clue me in.

#168 Posted by BlackWind (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

@mighty dude said:

Man, Aquaman is a boss!

I'm also loving the sick trident action, however I do have one question that's been bugging me; how exactly does his trident stay on his back? It always seems to be resting across his back but there doesn't appear to be any strap or holster. I mean, surely somebody at DC has thought this through. Well if anybody knows, please clue me in.

The trident obviously just knows better.

#169 Posted by jwalser3 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio
Tanks an explosion and sends Superman flying.
Takes a hit from Wonder Woman

@mighty dude: : @Alphaproto:

#170 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good Super Strength (punching Superman, tackling and holding Diana) and Durability (tanking the Bat-fire, tanking a punch from Wonder Woman and then crashing through a ship) but I'm more impressed with the showing of Super Speed (when he tackles Wonder Woman).

Aquaman's speed out of water is clearly established as superhuman.
Great feats all around

#171 Posted by BlackWind (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't he survive Orm's lightning as well?

#172 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackWind: Yeah you are right. But it knocked him out along with Wonder Woman and Superman. Still it was a powerful attack.
#173 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@EmperorAC:@TheGraySon: @Danial79: @Alexander505: @DEADPOOL:more scans

Justice League 16

#174 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: @jwalser3:@comicfan11: @Alphaproto: more scans

Justice League 17

#175 Posted by jwalser3 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

Him shouting "I am your king" is awesome.

#176 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Nice! Again AQ is a beast physically.

I especially like these 2 that show his agility, superstrength and superspeed (when he tackles WW through the port and later Orm through the bus) and this one

where the ground is broken and the other Atlanteans are tossed aside by the force of the strike, nice superleaping and superstrength

#177 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11:I loved this issue,because show why Aquaman has to be a JL member and one of he most important characters..not mention that finally I saw Batman fight!!!! Aquaman 17is awesome too,I saw one of his most impressive feat.

a telepathic feat

#178 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Agreed! This is quite possibly the most high profile storyline Aquaman ever had as the main character. And I also liked that everyone got their moments in this issue. I really like the panel where Bats traps a Trench with his cape and burns some others. Finally JL is what it should be with Reis on the team.

And yeah the feat in AQ 17 is his best telepathy feat so far. Almost capsizing the ship by jumping is also really impressive.

#179 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Let's see what the future holds for JL and Aquaman,with the next issues..another thing that I love is how Batman and Aquaman see each other, their interaction,because in the previous Universe this was nearly absent.

#180 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: There are some instances even preboot where AQ and Bats have their moments. Like Gotham Knight 18 and Aquaman (by Pfeifer) 21-22. But yeah I really like their interactions.

#181 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: I remember those comics and are great. I don't know,but heir interaction seems more intensive than before and in certain ways they are relatable to each other

#182 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio
#183 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I'll post no problem, but honestly I don't know much about "Superdoom"

#184 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: NP dude and thanks!!

#185 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Nice scans bro..mite be using these one of of my battle forums atm.

#186 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: you're welcome

#187 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: @Gibbet: @EmperorAC@Alexander505: : @VenomousDragon: @TheCommissar: @GreenKnight100: more scans

Aquaman 17

#188 Edited by BlackWind (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

F*ck yeah! This is what I needed. Being the King of Atlantis and King of the Seven Seas are not the same. But those panels sre what make Aquaman the latter, busting heads of people who f*ck around on his goddamn ocean.

Also, is Arthur not speaking English?

#189 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: @ckuakini: @BlackWind:you can post a comment here,to call people attention please? http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/attuma-vs-ocean-master-new-52/753976/#6

@BlackWind: How so? if he is speaking another language?

#190 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish we can include those scenes of aquaman kicking ass in injustice.

#191 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Love the ship tipping jumping feat and love the planetary telepathy feat. It's been long overdue. Good scans as always.

#192 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Thank you so much. I hope to see more telepathic feats and the explanation why the lizard answer his call on the desert

#193 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio
#194 Posted by lady_toyano (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman ages like fine wine. H just get better and better as the years go by.

#195 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect him! Saving the man, who once tried to betray him!!

Arthur learning of his telepathic skills at a remarkably young age
Aquaman's blunt force and power, as well as his tough durability tanking multiple high-caliber bullets
Again, expressing great durability, being able to withstand the pressure of 10+ tons of weight crushing on him
Aquaman depicting great superhuman strength lifting a huge pillar (10+ tons) and eating up couple close-range gunfire
Aquaman and Mera lifting up a rock wall, evidently weighing over 1o0 tons easy.

#197 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#198 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8425 posts) - - Show Bio
#199 Edited by BlackWind (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter what version of him, Aquaman will always be ripping apart submarines.

#200 Posted by jwalser3 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter what version of him, Aquaman will always be ripping apart submarines.

And whaler's heads.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.