I recently re-read the series so far and I picked up on a few things that have yet to be explained and wanted to write them down so everyone can keep their eyes peeled for answers and maybe spit-ball some ideas beforehand:
- Shin's Scar: Shin has a large scar on the right side of his neck and in the "Six Years Ago" flashback, it has gauss over it, so must have been recent at the time.
- Trench Origins: Shin says they're a "new chain of evolution", and they're not effected by Arthur's telepathy, so they mustn't originally be sea creatures.
- Aquaman's Weakness: When in the desert, did he need water any more than a normal person would in his situation? In previous incarnations he needed to touch water every few hours or so. Does he still need to?
- Data Recorder: Why did the Atlanteans need the data recorder? It was supposedly centuries old, so why would it be so important now?
- Atlantis' Enemy: The recording mentioned a great storm arising when they pursued their enemy. Is there an existing Aquaman character that has this ability? Could it be Mera's father? Mera seems a little shocked when Arthur says Shin will tell them who sank Atlantis.
- Shin's Phantom Caller: Someone called Shin just before Arthur arrived the second time and hangs up right away. Who was it?
- Trench Connection: Shin says the Trench has a "bigger connection to all of this than we think." Mera asks, "Connection to what?" but is ignored as the hologram starts up.
- Trident Glow: Just before Ya'wara teleports into Shin's house, Mera mentions that Arthur's trident is glowing. It's obviously something she's never seen before, so what does it mean?
- Shin and Manta: Is Shin involved with Manta? He says he's not. Manta announces his arrival to the Psychiatric Hospital to someone, but is it Shin? Probably too obvious.
- The Others: How did Arthur become involved with The Others? This is something I would really love to see, though it's only a year or so of his life, so there might not be that much to tell.
- Justice League: Arthur says he sent a signal to Vostok through his "old Justice League communicator". Why "old"? Is he not part of the Justice League at the time of this series?
- Manta's Strength: Is Manta superpowered? Aquaman was able to flip a truck and shrug off bullets, yet Manta was able to takes his punches and retaliate by throwing Aquaman through a window 5 metres away?
So there's all my unanswered questions so far. Aquaman #11 is out this week, so no doubt there will be even more to add. Hopefully there will be a few I can cross off too. Does anyone know any of the answers? Is there something I might have missed? Do you have questions of your own you'd like to add?