Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4601 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

How should Aquaman look liek for the movie?

• 75 results
    CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CrimsonCake

How do you imagine Aquaman will look like for the movie announced for 2013?What costume should he wear?

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DEADPOOL

They could try to translate his current and, let's face it, iconic outfit to the big screen. While his orange top originally looked like fish scales, the new 52 already made the attempt to state that it is actually scalemail, a type of light armor. The flaw though is that the design below the waist is very lacking and seems out of place compared to the top half with the armor, ornate jewel necklace, flared gloves, gold belt, and trident. Now compare all that to the solid green legs, the only design present are the fins on his calves. So for the movie, I think they should stick with the Atlantean warrior-king appearance and just modify the legs a little to fit with the torso; at least a pair of green boots or something so it isn't so plain.

An interesting idea they used for Smallville was to give him a green and orange watersuit reminiscent of his comic apparance, but I'd personally stick with the Atlantean warrior-king design.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    No Caption Provided

Crustation Armour for the win!!!

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEADPOOL

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

No Caption Provided

Crustation Armour for the win!!!

That looks cool.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@CrimsonCake: Where is your avatar from?

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrimsonCake

@DarkKnightDetective:

It was from a T.v movie based on Will Eisner's The Spirit.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@DEADPOOL: I just hope Aquaman gets better costumes, ebcuase Smaville one sucked so hard i am afraid of the guy.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

I'd love to see him in his "King Arthur" type look they gave him in the Morrison/Waid run of JLA.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEADPOOL

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@DEADPOOL: I just hope Aquaman gets better costumes, ebcuase Smaville one sucked so hard i am afraid of the guy.

Aquaman, to me, has always had a look that is... I don't know how to describe it... lacking? It's not quite superhero to me, which I understand because he's not a "costumed adventurer" as we know it, he's a warrior king of Atlantis. However, it doesn't quite capture that aspect of him either, it's somewhere in between the two. There's just something about Aquaman's look that has never sat well with me. I like it, but it just doesn't have that "pop." Orange scalemail shirt, green pants. That's basically his entire design.

It needs a little more flare to me, like in that fanpic you posted. Hell, even in the New 52, all the characters are getting updated costumes that, in my opinion, have way too many lines, lol. But there's Aquaman, standing beside them and looking a bit out of place since his outfit is pretty much the same, just a high collar scalemail top instead of a v-neck fishscales top, along with a fancier belt. I think it would be fine if they just did something more with the legs, like in the Young Justice cartoon they gave him black pants with green boots/sandals. Something like that is probably all he needs to feel "complete" to me.

Edit:

Maybe they should use Jim Lee's unused New 52 design? It's freakin' epic.

Jim Lee's Aquaman design
    Jim Lee's Aquaman design
    TheTimShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheTimShow

Is a Flash movie in the works? :O

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AweSam

@TheTimShow said:

You can expect an upcoming movie from all of DC's biggest heroes.

As for the thread. As long as they darken the green pants and give the top a darker more golden orange color, it should look fine. Green and orange just don't look good together.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Skaddix

@AweSam said:

@TheTimShow said:

As for the thread. As long as they darken the green pants and give the top a darker more golden orange color, it should look fine. Green and orange just don't look good together.

Yeah Dark Green and an Golden Orange. Also want a bit more of an armor like look.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEADPOOL

@AweSam said:

@TheTimShow said:

Except for Halloween, which is what Aquaman's colors do remind me of, but I can get behind what you're saying. "His" colors are green and orange, like Flash's colors are red and yellow or Batman's colors are black and gray, they are associated with him, however the colors can be tweaked without actually changing them. His orange in the New 52 is already more of a golden orange, complete with the glimmer of gold, so it could work. However the parts of him that are gold, such as his belt, will be obscured by the golden orange.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Wait... an Aquaman movie was announced and I missed it!? Where have I been?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By sethysquare

Either

Aquaman #10
    Aquaman #10
    No Caption Provided

Or this.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By sinestro_GL

@sethysquare: Gotta be the first pic - Aquaman needs his trademark look for his film debut!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEADPOOL: Well that the one he is using in that poster and make him look like the God of the Seas.

@AweSam: Also, i think that since Nolan is in charge it mean the suit wil get darker, that is a good thing because most of superheroes costume hurts my eyes.

Young Justice Aquaman
    Young Justice Aquaman
    No Caption Provided
    clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By clemj

his N52 costume wit the orange top

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KainScion

@DeathpooltheT1000: @DEADPOOL: this is the closest we'll ever get to a jla movie

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dhor

@DeathpooltheT1000: The YJ costume is awesome. can`t understand why they didn`t use that design in the new 52 books. it`s way cooler then the one they are using now

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By X9

@Dhor said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: The YJ costume is awesome. can`t understand why they didn`t use that design in the new 52 books. it`s way cooler then the one they are using now

Really, do you think so? I think his New 52 look is way better. He seems to be wearing a fitted ordinary shirt on YJ :P

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dhor

i see it as a very light chianmail but they could improve the look so there is no confusion. In the YJ costume I love his wrist armor, belt and the fact that he has something on his feet contratry to N52 book wich seems like he`s wearing some kind of pijama with no shoes.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

I vote this.It'll look good on screen and give them an excuse to cgi in the currents moving on his costume.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skaddix

@X9 said:

@Dhor said:

Really, do you think so? I think his New 52 look is way better. He seems to be wearing a fitted ordinary shirt on YJ :P

A combination would work, Make the shirt chain mail or armor like and that look is pretty perfect.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Hunter114

I think if they're going with an origin story, where it's a "surface-bound" Aquaman, discovering who he is and having to defend both Atlantis and the surface-world from Black Manta's forces (etc etc etc)

As for the costume, it should look kinda like this:

Face: Considering this is (or should be) an origin movie, we should be dealing with a young Arthur Curry, so he should be (fairly) clean shaven... and obviously look pretty young (mid 20's, maybe)

No Caption Provided

Top: The top section (chest and arms) should be metallic, scale-mailed and reflective, colored somewhere between a dark orange and a gold, with a neck collar

No Caption Provided

Gloves: Instead of the green gloves, there should be the gold gauntlets that I'm sure I've seen in other versions of the costume, but can only find pictures of the Young Justice Version... not quite sure on the pattern or emblems in the gauntlet though

No Caption Provided

Belt: I prefer the more modern emblem on the belt, compared with the classic Atlantian rune... which is pointy and not good if you bend over... yeah... I think about that kind of stuff... so what?

No Caption Provided

Pants: I'm not quite sure if there's an actual picture, but the lower half of the costume should be armored scale-mail and dark green, verging on black to make them look a little cooler and tonally darker.

Boots: Again, there's not going to be a picture for this one either, but I was thinking of some kind of a knee-length, thin extra outer-layer attached to a thin sole that can be worn over the leggings, just so they don't look too much like spandex tights... though this would cause drag while in the water, so it may be better just to have some kind of pattern put into the leggings so that it looks like they're segregated.

Trident: You just know that, at some point, Aquaman will be given or take the Trident, so this is kinda what I think it should look like, only instead of the "fork prongs" being spread out on the collapsed version, they can fold (automatically) into some kind of spear or something, which then fully opens out into the trident.

Aquaman's Left Hand: (but first: EXPOSITION) Aquaman lost his left hand when Charybdis negates his telepathy and puts his hand into piranha infested water... Aquaman then replaces his hand with a harpoon and then he eventually gains the Waterbearer Hand from the Lady of the Lake:

The problem arises when there is an argument for all three states (his own hand, harpoon hand and Waterbearer Hand) but as this would be an origin movie, the "turning point" during the final fight would be for him becoming the king and using the trident, as opposed to him using the Waterbearer Hand. That being said, it would be possible for him to lose the hand in the movie and after the battle, he replaces it with the harpoon... at which point, he MUST say the word "groovy" and maybe he can get the Waterbearer Hand in a sequel... despite him (arguably) only having one major enemy in Black Manta... making a sequel, pretty unlikely.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skaddix

If I making movies and you want a Trilogy. I think you go with A War Mera's Family as 3. Now for the first movies I would say use Ocean Master works better for a fight for the throne then go to Manta's Revenge kinda like the current Other Story Line for the second movie.

As for water bearer hand, i would say just put the powers of the Water Bearer Hand into the Trident.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dhor

@Skaddix: and give him some proper boots. i love the YJ design but i would love it even more if he had a pair of green boots. walking around in his bare feet it`s not so cool in book

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KainScion said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: @DEADPOOL: this is the closest we'll ever get to a jla movie

Avenger made money and Nolan is pretty much the producer of all the DC movies and in control, since there is no way that Nolan movie fail at the box office, i am pretty sure they will make it.

@X9: @Dhor said:

The crustation armour gives the idea of a technorgnaic armour, the 52 gives the idea of an armour, but not enoug "sea elements" to know about his powers and origin.

I mean, if he will get his own movie you need a suit that screams he is from the sea.

It has to look enoug as an armour to make him look as a bad ass warrior, but let you know he is the king of the seas and one of the good guys.

To be honest is more easy to make a concept of his costume that a Wonder Woman one, because well, most of the suits you see online are Xena costumes.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KainScion

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@KainScion said:

Avenger made money and Nolan is pretty much the producer of all the DC movies and in control, since there is no way that Nolan movie fail at the box office, i am pretty sure they will make it.

@X9: @Dhor said:

The crustation armour gives the idea of a technorgnaic armour, the 52 gives the idea of an armour, but not enoug "sea elements" to know about his powers and origin.

I mean, if he will get his own movie you need a suit that screams he is from the sea.

It has to look enoug as an armour to make him look as a bad ass warrior, but let you know he is the king of the seas and one of the good guys.

To be honest is more easy to make a concept of his costume that a Wonder Woman one, because well, most of the suits you see online are Xena costumes.

mmmyeah..... im gonna call blind fanwanking on this one. no other way to put it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KainScion: Oh Tv Tropes, what would we do without you.

WB is pretty much giving total control of the DC movie universe to Nolan for one reason.

Nolan = Millions, Millions of Dollars.

The Prestige = Money

TDK = Money

Inception = Money

Nolan is a money making machine, that why they will use his name on Man of Steel, even when Snyder is the director.

If it was Darren Arofsnosky i would understand it was fanwank, the guy makes movies that almost make no money at all and is loved for being too damn indy.

Nolan at this point can make a movie about anything and will make moar money.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KainScion

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@KainScion: Oh Tv Tropes, what would we do without you.

WB is pretty much giving total control of the DC movie universe to Nolan for one reason.

Nolan = Millions, Millions of Dollars.

The Prestige = Money

TDK = Money

Inception = Money

Nolan is a money making machine, that why they will use his name on Man of Steel, even when Snyder is the director.

If it was Darren Arofsnosky i would understand it was fanwank, the guy makes movies that almost make no money at all and is loved for being too damn indy.

Nolan at this point can make a movie about anything and will make moar money.

thats what they said about shyamalan. the new spielberg. and look at him now. what a twist! so yeah. anyway................ nolan fanboys.............. ugh.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KainScion: Spielberg was never a great director, he was ok, most of his movie had huge problems.

I say Nolan makes money and that is a fact, that why WB loves the guy so much.

I mean Burton films suck and still make money, that why WB keep him, Zack Snyder is the one that makes no money, he is underrated by most of people, but i dont understand why the WB loves the guy, even when Watchmend didnt made money, Sucker Punch failed and they lost money.

The movie industry like any industry is about making money.

Also i am more of a Kurosawa fanboy that Nolan, i dont liked his movie with Robins Williams and that guys that say he is Al Pacino, even when he dont looks like the guys from the Godfather.

Hollywood Anthem

MOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: What about the clothes he wore in Peter David's run?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

The classic orange and green costume. But with a more 'armor' type look to it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: I would keep the pant, best Aquman pants ever, also i always loved the head thing, i think it made him look awsome.

The problem with that costume was the damn hook thing.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Redberry

Maybe this:

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By moywar700

lol smallville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: what if instead of the hook,Aquaman use the metal changing hand?

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By Funrush

Aquaman movie? When was this announced? IIRC this was just a thought. XD

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sethysquare

@Hunter114: agree with all of it, except I prefer the 'A' to be new 52 'A' and no missing arm lol.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: As gloves it would work, if its part of the suit, not as part of his body.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: Yeah,it would be nice and what about that gladiator threshold?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: 4 and 6,would be cool to see in a movie

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Remi

Good =)

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: He needs to look like a bad ass warrior, then people will stop making jokes about him.

@inferiorego said:

No Caption Provided

Where in hell this happened?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@matchesmalone21: He needs to look like a bad ass warrior, then people will stop making jokes about him.

@inferiorego said:

No Caption Provided

Where in hell this happened?

Entourage Season 2 I believe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: Agreed. I still do not understand how people can make fun of him and not doing with Namor. Seriously,a atlantean with wings in his ankle?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: Agreed. I still do not understand how people can make fun of him and not doing with Namor. Seriously,a atlantean with wings in his ankle?

Also, the guy is almost naked all the day all the days, i mean the guys is the best example of sexism against men in comic book and his hair cut is so damn.

He is an homoerotic character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.