Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4624 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

How rich is he in the new 52

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Just curious.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sog7dc: In the first issue, some douchebag blogger asked how Aquaman makes money. Arthur merely replied that he "gets by" and an image was shown of him discovering a treasure chest. And he later walked out while giving a woman two gold coins and told her to put her kids through college.

He also clearly still owns the lighthouse and property his father managed, so he is more than comfortable.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@blackwind:

Oh okay. I was wondering if he was "king of a nation that covers 70% if the earth" rich.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember how much he has but it's loads like his filthy rich

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: He did mention to Vulko he can go and dig up any sunken treasure or valuables he likes. Just think how much certain people would pay for some old ass coin.

He's plenty rich.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ashrym: Considering he has the power to go down to the deepest part of the ocean, I considered him the richest comicbook character. The ocean has lot of buried treasures (includes shipwrecked, sea gold and other minerals that are hard to find). According to NatGeo the sea floor has an estimated $150trillion of metals alone.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Considering he has the power to go down to the deepest part of the ocean, I considered him the richest comicbook character. The ocean has lot of buried treasures (includes shipwrecked, sea gold and other minerals that are hard to find).

Dang...

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Considering that, I think he is still filthy rich. I dont think that there's a comic issue that elaborates how rich Arthur is?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Hopefully Johns will able to touch that part on Arthur's life in the Rise of the Seven Kingdoms JL arc.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly would bet Aquaman could get paid millions just for giving some rich collector a piece of junk he found on the ocean floor.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

His wealth is extreme though only touched upon rarely.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.