Garth in aquaman 14

#1 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by The_Tree (7281 posts) - - Show Bio

F###in' awesome! So glad that his cheap death in Blackest Night was retconned.

#3 Posted by SmashBrawler (5624 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

F###in' awesome! So glad that his cheap death in Blackest Night was retconned.

And by the same person who wrote it nonetheless.

#4 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick @KZR

Thought you two might be interested in this

#5 Posted by Danial79 (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny that Blackest Night still happened in the New 52... and yet half the events within it couldn't have under the new continuity.

#6 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

It's funny that Blackest Night still happened in the New 52... and yet half the events within it couldn't have under the new continuity.

Blackest night must have been the most boring event ever, since nobody died and nobody resurrected

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Where the hell is Jackson??

#8 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

AWWW YEAH!!!!!!!! Garth is back!

#9 Posted by BlackWind (6089 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Personally I hope Jackson is turned into Kaldur'ahm. Dude looked waaaaaaaaay to much like Static. If Garth becomes Tempest before Aqualad, then the title might go to the second one.

#10 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

omg. im gonna cry

#11 Posted by ForeverMan (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Well there goes my theory that he was the unnamed final wonder from Earth 2...

#12 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio

I must remain calm while I process this information...Oh what the hell YAAAAAAAY!

#13 Posted by garrettsgonewild (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally Garth! I've waited so long! It would be cool if he joined a cool team and I would like to see Kaldur and the rest of the aqua kids but Garth is my favorite so I'm happy!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDD

#14 Edited by Mojo65 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

The wording in that preview worries, it sounds like he might just be a little kid or something and if that's the case I doubt he'll get to be Tempest or Aqualad for quite some time.

Personally I hope he does become Tempest and that Jackson/Kaldur shows up soon too and becomes Aqualad. the major former Robins are all alive and active, no reason you can't have a good number of young Aquapeople and frankly making Garth Aqualad again after being Tempest for so long would feel kind of like a demotion and also not using the new Aqualad who's gotten a ton of exposure because of the Young Justice animated series is just seems like dumb business sense.

Really if it was up to me id have an Aquaman sidekicks book, Garth, Kaldur, Tula and Lorena but that's something that will never happen and nor do I hold hope of it.

#15 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is Garth will be old enough to join Teen Titans later on. All we need now for Christmas is Wally and Donna and Golden Eagle.

#16 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

AWWWW YEAH

@Mojo65: according to RH&tO 1 he had history with Dick, Roy, Kori, Lilith, Vic, Gar, and Dustin in the past

#17 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

My suggestions for the Teen Titans is to turn it into a Justice League academy and allow each mentor to have multiple students similar to the Young Justice cartoons. Aquaman should be allowed to mentor Garth, Tula, Lagoon Boy, Lorena and Jackson Hyde. Barry should be allowed to mentor Wally and Bart. Green Arrow should be allowed to mentor Roy, Arrowette, Mia Dearden and Artemis (from the cartoons). Batman can be allowed to mentor Spoiler and Cassandra Cain.

#18 Posted by Danial79 (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

I never read any DC pre-New 52, so I don't really know who he is. I recently read Blackest Night and saw him die, but that's as far as my knowledge of him goes :)

#19 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Personally I hope Jackson is turned into Kaldur'ahm. Dude looked waaaaaaaaay to much like Static. If Garth becomes Tempest before Aqualad, then the title might go to the second one.

Word, man.

#20 Edited by Mojo65 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

AWWWW YEAH

@Mojo65: according to RH&tO 1 he had history with Dick, Roy, Kori, Lilith, Vic, Gar, and Dustin in the past

Didn't they remove that from the Trade? a lot of stuff in some of the Number 1s isn't valid anymore. You know the thing with J'onn being called a member of the Justice League in Stormwatch 1 and then a few issues later that being explained as "short hand for public hero" and then in JL he was shown to have been a member but only briefly? Originally that line was there because well J'onn was going to be a member of the Justice League after the first arc, then they changed their minds for example.

#21 Posted by Justthatkid (3441 posts) - - Show Bio

Hoping he get's shown again the Manta issue would of been a great place to put him, But Garth being shown first seems more fit. Jackson could at least of had a mention.

#22 Posted by SupBatz (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

This.

#23 Edited by Justthatkid (3441 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

@blackwind said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

This.

Jackson had similarities to Aquaman both not personally knowing there mother and being raised on land his appearance resembles a regular african american teenager for the most part atleast which made sense to his appearance being born in New mexico having a darker complexion and being raised on land to have average hair. Kaldur'ahm took till season 2 for people to get real interested in him. Personally Jackson is the comic adaptation and just needs more development Kaldur'ahm had a cartoon giving him time to develop as a character.

#24 Edited by BlackWind (6089 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: Please! I knew Kaldur would be my favorite right from episode 1. Regardless, I still prefer the Kaldur'ahm look to Jackson. Why? Because as I said, Jackson looks too much like Static for me. And Static is my favorite comic hero. And Kaldur'ahm had the benefit of not looking like the typical black kid in comics, seriously there isn't much variety in their looks. I appreciate the similarities the second Aqualad shared with Aquaman, so I'm totally fine if that is kept in place.

#25 Posted by Justthatkid (3441 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: I could agree with a character appearance change, just wouldlike the origin close to BD and still have him less experienced. I did like the yj depiction though despite replacing Garth wish he was used more.

#26 Posted by Justthatkid (3441 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Out of curiosity what would you think if the difference in appearance rather small from Brightest Day was facial hair some teens grow it at 12 or 13 and comics hardly portray teenagers with it. I remember Superboy's awesome goatee well actually saw it in a pic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.