Favorite Aquaman Villain

#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Like what the title says.

#2 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's your favorite villain? And explain why.

Scans recommended!

Scans of Ocean Master taking on the Trinity including Aquaman:

#3 Posted by Blue Outburst (51 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue with this is that everyone is basing their opinion on the recent comic, the only reason I know the the other villains a little is from reading Aquaman's past issues and just searching around. I just started getting into Aquaman, so I can't judge; but he has had other great villains like Thanatos

#4 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blue Outburst said:

The issue with this is that everyone is basing their opinion on the recent comic, the only reason I know the the other villains a little is from reading Aquaman's past issues and just searching around. I just started getting into Aquaman, so I can't judge; but he has had other great villains like Thanatos

Thanatos was a great villain of Aquaman, acting as his evil counterpart and causing mayhem using Aquaman's name in vein. There are so many great stories of Aquaman. The New 52 series is definitely a great read as well.

Check out this other forum post to find some good readings on Aquaman:

http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman/29-2357/favorite-aquaman-issue/92-752898/#6

http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman/29-2357/greatest-aquaman-battles/92-741115/#15

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

Is black-manta Arthurs nemesis/ big bad ?

#6 Edited by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: Black Manta is Aquaman's archenemy.

#9 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Fisherman, any Aqua fans wanna see him make a reappearance in the New 52 series?

Or what about Doctor Stephin Shin? He pretty much ruined Aquaman's normal life and brought lots of media attention into him, driving Aquaman insane.

#10 Posted by Reef (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Ocean Master. Black Manta. Fisherman. Scavenger. Despero.

#11 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Manta.

#12 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9008 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisherman (Kurt Busiek version)

#13 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by The_Judge_since_83 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Ocean Master, they're brothers so there are a lot of conflicting emotions there, I find that familial bonds make for great villains, it's classic, like Luke and Darth Vader.

#15 Edited by The_Tree (7742 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Manta. I like his brutality.

#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14991 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Manta.

#17 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Ocean Master and Black Manta, and I believe its pretty obvious why. Aquamans other villains are d-list are below, but those are iconic. Orm being Arthurs brother is beautiful and deep. Black Manta is stoic, and has one of the coolest designs ever.

#18 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Black manta is a badass. And im excited to see more of the dead king

#19 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

For favorite I have to go with Black Manta. Just relentless and full of hate.

If not for Black Manta and Ocean Master then Triton (son of Poseidon)

#20 Edited by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by BlackWind (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Who do you think is better and has more potential as a villain, the demigod, King Shark, or the fear eating, Shark.

#22 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Shark has telekinesis, telepathy and superhuman stats. Good one on one opponent for Aquaman but, apart from that there's not much he can offer than medium level schemes. Always fun though to see him throw down and make use of his abilities. I really like him

King Shark has superhuman stats (greater than the Shark's), berserker rage and is the son of a Shark God. Great one one opponent, and when written correctly great (and potentially hilarious) character. You can do a lot with the whole Shark God angle and create a great storyline. Plus the setting would be killer in an exotic island with rituals and stuff.

Triton is obviously the more powerful of those 3. Needles to say he is an opponent that could potentially be AQ's strongest opponent. And that can create the greatest challenge and a great storyline. Plus throw in the whole Greek God aspect and the storyline possibilities are endless, with huge ramifications.

To sum up, Triton I believe has the most potential in general, but if someone was to make a good King Shark Hawaian arc I believe it could be one of the greatest (and most hilarious) AQ stories.

#23 Edited by Paragon_Sean (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Black freakin' Manta. It's harder to get cooler than that guy! Plus, the blood feud between Aquaman and Black Manta is classic. Black Manta won't stop until Arthur and everyone he is close to dies.

#24 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9008 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Is just me or the Dead King,looks like an older version of Triton?

#26 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: He does look kinda like him but the Greek gods are currently being handled by Azzarello in Wonder Woman.

I believe the Dead King will probably be something like a retooled origin for King Neptune

http://www.comicvine.com/king-neptune/4005-39293/

And considering his powers he should be a good opponent for AQ.

#27 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Manta, with Ocean Master as a close second.

Black Manta and Aquaman have that intense hatred and sense of revenge. Manta has such a cool design and tough personality. Orm has that emotional tie has his brother (kind of similar to Loki and Thor).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.