Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4625 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

everybody loves aquaman

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

Tell me what your favorite thing about aquaman

-favorite story arc in the new 52

-what they've change in his come back

-tell me what you like that they added to the mythos and things that are interesting

tell me what you like about aquaman in the new 52

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cameron83

Um..no.Everyone does not love Aquaman lol

But,yeah,I do..

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite Arc, well the Others arc because not only does it expand upon his lore a bit more but it both creates this spotlight and fleshes out his nemesis in Black Manta, It's a story that needs not outside help from any other hero other than those that are considered part of Aquaman's new 52 history and the scale of threat is less about the general population rather a threat to Aquaman and those close to him. It gives a sense of a personal vendetta.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Alak

Honestly, I haven't even read a single issue of New 52 Aquaman. I was, however, a fan of his before the whole Flashpoint even and I loved his water-hand incarnation.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@alak said:

Honestly, I haven't even read a single issue of New 52 Aquaman. I was, however, a fan of his before the whole Flashpoint even and I loved his water-hand incarnation.

this

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Raw_Material

My favorite story arc(s) in the New 52 are probably 'The Others' and 'Throne of Atlantis' crossover.

One of the things that is intriguing to me in the New 52 is of the relationship between the surface world and the underwater world and how they see eye-to-eye. Another thing that's pretty cool in the new series is that were seeing a more modernized Aquaman, a more of a clean-cut warrior rather than a raggedy, bearded dude. With that said, I also like the new characters being brought into the mythos such as Murk and Urm, which is a step into expanding on the Atlantean world. Also like the new uniforms that the Atlanteans wear. For example, Tula. She appears to be more fashionable with her new suit and definitely seems more interesting as a character.

sidenote: I remember a lot of people shunning Aquaman and even putting him down in the CV forums, specifically on the Battle forums. Nowadays, after the reboot, I see a lot of those that despised him in the past starting to idolize him, more in a fanboy type of manner. I've been an Aqua fan since the beginning of my comic readings and don't need someone's two cents to help me turn sides. If you're not a waterman type of person than Aquaman's not for you, that's just the bottom line. If you just started liking him cause everyone else is then you're a follower and not a leader, there's no sense of you reading his comics. I surf, dive, fish, etc and love the ocean, so liking Aquaman is in my nature. There's no way around it. Just wanted to let that out.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did like the retelling of his origin but I'm sad that Wonder woman, Superman, Batman, and Flash have sidekicks in the reboot I know this is about Aquaman so I'll say they should of started all the mentors like Aquaman were they have no sidekick and Batman has yet to meet Grayson.

Maybe we'll see Tempest appear in The New 52 series as one of his sidekicks, I know that Topo's back!

TheSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um..no.Everyone does not love Aquaman lol

But,yeah,I do..

People that live deep in the Amazon jungle and poor third world countries don't count.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By sinestro_GL
    LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Others. Black Manta is a walking armory, power armor mercenary modern day pirate that shoots lasers out of his eye's. How cool is that?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material said:

@justthatkid said:

I did like the retelling of his origin but I'm sad that Wonder woman, Superman, Batman, and Flash have sidekicks in the reboot I know this is about Aquaman so I'll say they should of started all the mentors like Aquaman were they have no sidekick and Batman has yet to meet Grayson.

Maybe we'll see Tempest appear in The New 52 series as one of his sidekicks, I know that Topo's back!

Maybe I'm not sure how old he is because of Aquaman 14. I'm hoping In the Black Manta title in villain's month it will say something about Jackson.

And he's also featured in the Teen Titans series, so maybe he'll make an appearance in the New 52 Aquaman as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.