Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Essential Aqua Reading?

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Spectrum

Hello All.

I really want to start reading some Aquaman but to be honest have no idea where to start!!!

Id be looking into start reading the newer aquaman, so if anyone knows any praticulary good story arcs or arcs that explain his origin praticularly well id really apriciate if you could tell me what they are!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

The only book that really comes to mind for me atleast..Would be time and tide by peter david.

JLAsuperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JLAsuperdude

Well I don't know about newer ones but the 1986 Aquaman mini-series is good  ............plus he has a cool costume there   Actually now that i think about it  I've heard Waterbearer was good 

mrjoshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By mrjoshua

Aquaman has three Showcase books out. They are Aquaman from the Silver Age, which is him at his best, before they made him the most tragic person in the DC Universe. I recommend any of those. They seem a bit corny by today's standards but I think they are the most fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.