Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4624 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Does Aquamans...?

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Larkin1388

So i just started reading Aquaman qith the New 52 and don't really know much about him. I know I can look a lot of this up here on the vine but one things i can't find is... Does Aquamans trident have any abilities, powers, or any of the sort? Or is it kinda like Thors hammer and more a symbol than an actual weapon.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

I've never seen it shown to have any intrinsic powers, except for the Justice League cartoon.

Maybe it'll have some in the reboot, though.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Larkin1388

@PowerHerc: That would be cool. It could replace his water hand fairly easily.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

I wouldn't mind it being like Thor's hammer. I've never actually seen him use it in battle, though

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Larkin1388

@Gambit1024: The could be cool. I think it would be cool if he used it as a melee weapon.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By MrUnknown

It's just a symbol for his authoritative power.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Aeroman

hope it does have some kind of ability it would be cool but if doesn't i would like to see more use of it as a melee weapon

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By nightwing91

He's had two tridents actually. He had one for ceremonial purposes, and later he gained the Trident of Poseidon following helping Poseidon return from the dead. That trident was a magical weapon that only Aquaman could use without falling under it's corruption,  when Tempest utilized it in battle he did have it shooting energy blasts. And it was said that it possessed a large amount of godly energy inside of it.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF

@nightwing91: i hope he still has that trident lol.

I also wish he his trident granted him flight or had something that granted him flight. Actually he doesnt even have to fly i just want him to be able to jump further than a couple blocks or miles. He just looks like a hulk wanna be when he jump from ground to building to miles away.

I never had a problem with Aquaman but i didnt like him either. With the New 52 i really enjoyed the first issue and i hope they continue to do him right. Johns did great things with Hal Jordan no matter what people say and i think he royally screwed up trying to bring Barry Allen back while totally ignoring Wally. From the start of this i would guess he is going to do it right again.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By nightwing91
    @DEGRAAF: Well actually for some reason the Trident of Poseidon later showed up in Queen Clea gained possession with no answer being given how she got it. But when she used it it displayed energy blasts, increased strength and control over water. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.