DCnu Aquaman villains

• 59 results
#1 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know that Aquaman was for years one of the heroes that most people ignored, often for lack of information or simply do not like it, were unable to see how big the character,but even more underrated than Aquaman are his villains,who never had much attention, but some writers have shown that well-written, it become characters that everyone would like to return one day. Taking advantage of the New 52, I would like to ask what villains you want to come back and how you would like them to return?? What do you think about his new villains??

I took this ideia from:

I want to see,these villains back:

Major Disaster

Major Disaster

Major Disaster: I know this guy is a GL villains,but he already fought against Aquaman once and was responsable for Thanatos death. It would be great to see him as a Aquaman's villain again, Orin needs a villain who exceed his capabilities,to prove that it is more than capable to face Uber villains. I'd like to see him more as a kind of eco-terrorist, trying to rid the world of the threat of big industries, following a bit of what Peter David did with Aquaman, when it declared war on Japan.

The Eel

The Eel

The Eel: I really love this character, it's a shame he was so little used in the Aquaman stories,he is one of the few villains ,which can be threat on the surface as underwater,in his appearances he remembered enough of the Batman villains, having a personality right distorted, Aquaman needs to have this kind of psychotic villain. As Aquaman fixed his residence in Amnesty Bay,he could become the local crime boss, as he did in Sub Diego,but could be a little more smarter and strategic.

Gamesman

So you guys can already noticed, I like characters that are unknown, forgotten or hated by most people.I know he looks like Black Manta, in a matter of using technology to face Aquaman,but unlike him, he does not want money or owning a nation, he just enjoys hunting superheroes. Most superheroes have their villain hunter, it's time to Aquaman earn one of this too.

#2 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody has a comment about the new villains or want some villain returns? Really?

#3 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess a cool and changed ocean master

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12564 posts) - - Show Bio

NO to Major Disaster. Hal has to few non ringbearer villains as it is these days.

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84553 posts) - - Show Bio

Eel could be badass if they hyped him some.

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Yes to Major Disaster,he can be villain of the two. Moreover, even The Shark (Karshon) is the enemy of Green Lantern and became an enemy of Aquaman,years later.

#7 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't know any Aquaman villains :/

#8 Edited by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio
Black Jack

He was a main villian for Aquaman in his More Fun Comics days.

#9 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: See this http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/lagoonman/aquaman-villains/75-18469/.http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Aquaman_Villains Is not a complete list, but you can know some characters!!!

@IIDEADxPOOLII: He even could be a great villain, since at that time he already was portrayed as a modern pirate, it would be great to see a modern version of it. Did you see that Scavenger was cited in Jl 10?

@Gambler: hopefully Geoff will bring him back!!

Fisherman

After Black Manta, he is undoubtedly the most famous and certainly the most mysterious Aquaman villains,rarely used and ridiculed through the years. But among the other villains of the second category,he is what has more potential to become a top villain,Kurt Busiek was the best use it, exploring the curiosities about the character,as the fact that his identity never be revealed, whom the origin of his mask, what its real purpose in the life? I hope he returns, but not as a common thug or a hunter, I want he returns as something near to what Busiek has created,a mystical character

#10 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from Black Manta and Ocean Master, I honestly don't know any Aquaman villains.

#11 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: In comment above has two links to Aquaman villains

#12 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Manta and Ocean Master are givens. We know they are going to happen (in Manta's case IS happening)

My next favorite would be the Fisherman. I agree with you that Busiek's revision has to be the way he comes back.

Beyond those guys, the ones that seem like they have future potential for fun stories include:

1. Captain Sykes

2. The Thirst

3. Pomoxis

4. Hagen

5. Un-Thing

6. Admiral Trafalgo

7. Clownfish

#13 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Scavenger was already teased in justice league.

The 3rd villain GJ is going to revamp is Scavenger.

#14 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@SandMan_: See this http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/lagoonman/aquaman-villains/75-18469/.http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Aquaman_Villains Is not a complete list, but you can know some characters!!!

@IIDEADxPOOLII: He even could be a great villain, since at that time he already was portrayed as a modern pirate, it would be great to see a modern version of it. Did you see that Scavenger was cited in Jl 10?

@Gambler: hopefully Geoff will bring him back!!

Fisherman

After Black Manta, he is undoubtedly the most famous and certainly the most mysterious Aquaman villains,rarely used and ridiculed through the years. But among the other villains of the second category,he is what has more potential to become a top villain,Kurt Busiek was the best use it, exploring the curiosities about the character,as the fact that his identity never be revealed, whom the origin of his mask, what its real purpose in the life? I hope he returns, but not as a common thug or a hunter, I want he returns as something near to what Busiek has created,a mystical character

How is he second. Ocean Master is second after Black Manta. Then a gap to King Shark and then everyone else.

Still yeah Scavenger is next, I wonder what his niche is. Black Manta is the one with the Blood Rival and is your tech villian (the Fett) and Ocean Master is your Magic Using Throne Rival. So what is Scavenger going to do?

#15 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix: Good question, but as shown it was not real, only a hologram...is possible may be a animalistic or a mystical being, as mentioned in Hawkworld comics,here was quoted that he was the avatar of the Barracuda. Geoff John could do what Snyder did with Talon (Lincon March),he's a DCnU version of Owlman,and reminded everyone that there was a version of Aquaman in Antimmater Universe called Barracuda, which appeared a few times. He was a kind of barbarian conqueror.

#16 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Fisherman and Ocean Master in comics again...

#17 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thirst

#18 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Danial79: In comment above has two links to Aquaman villains

Cheers. I didn't see that post before. Very helpful :)

#19 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, new versions of The Eel, Shark and Scavenger would be cool if done right...

#20 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: You're welcome,dude

#21 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: @mr.obvious: @Imagine_Man15: @Skaddix: @sethysquare: @SandMan_: @Gambler: @Loki9876: Waht do you think about his new villains?

@Hatutzeraze: Agreed with the return of The Thirst,Hagen and Un-Thing. Iwan to se a new version of Lava Lord and the Fire Trolls,Kordax,Piscator and the Annunake

#22 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Until now his only villain since the second arc have been Black Manta.

#23 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

But yeah I do hope for the return of Scavenger. which has already appeared in Justice League.

It appears that his suit was also seen in the latest issue of Aquaman, next to Black Manta's suit in Black Manta's Lair.

BTW I really like the Black Manta's creeps. Look super cool.

#24 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I hope this will be like the anti-matter version of Aquaman, a kind of conqueror and a barbarian erxercito at your disposal, I want it to be the enemy of all the Atlanteans, not only of Aquaman.

Did you notice that Scavenger's hologram (showed by Cyborg) is so similar with the Operative?

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

How about new villains as well?

#26 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: I really liked the Trench and I think they have something to do with the mysterious past of Atlantis.

#27 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@matchesmalone21: Maybe Johns will use them..
#28 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: sure, he left this possibility open,when show that they came from a kind of spaceship with ancient atlantean language

#29 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I haven't really been keeping up with Aquaman's series, but as far as I know his only new villains were The Trench (correct me if I'm wrong), and his only existing villain to appear is Black Manta. As I've already mentioned, I would love to see John's bring back and revamp villains with great potential like Ocean Master, Fisherman, and Scavenger, imo.

#30 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: You be right,the only NEW new villains is The Trench,which I hope will return soon,I have to say that I loved as Black Manta is being portrayed, more active and ruthless. Scavenger probably will make an appearance in JL 11 or 12,Fisherman is what I'm most excited to review and I want him as a kind of mystical entity,abou Ocean Master perhaps it is him that is giving the orders to Black Manta and sink Atlantis.

Lava Lord

Who said the Aquaman's golden age villains are useless and boring,is totally wrong and Peter David prove this. He was able to bring back the threat of Fire Trolls and and give them a leader,showed them as a sort of legend among the people of Hidden City that for years terrorizing, abducting their women and killing several people to his king. Later is revealed that the Lava Lord want Mera.

It would be good to see things in the oceans, which Aquaman himself and the Atlanteans doesn't know.

#31 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

Who said the Aquaman's golden age villains are useless and boring,is totally wrong and Peter David prove this. He was able to bring back the threat of Fire Trolls and and give them a leader,showed them as a sort of legend among the people of Hidden City that for years terrorizing, abducting their women and killing several people to his king. Later is revealed that the Lava Lord want Mera.

I believe that story took place on the title after Peter David left, during the Erik Larsen run.

As for new villains, in the 60s Aquaman used to fight a global criminal conspiracy known as O.G.R.E. What if they come back and equip a special agent designed to remove Aquaman from the game? That agent could be called the H2Ogre!

#32 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hatutzeraze: Ohe yes,you 're right!! My bad,but really really want to see him again!!!

Also would be nice to see a version of them, but I prefer more the '90s version .. it was a kind of corporation,exploiting the resources, enslave people. H2OGRE? hmm

#33 Posted by __sLeNdErMaN__ (12 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@__sLeNdErMaN__: Wow Cthulhu. would be nice!!!

Yeah maybe she will reappear or the Golden Age version,reboot Human Flying Fish is a challenge...

#35 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio
Qwsp
#36 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@IIDEADxPOOLII: Agreed with bring him back and add this one

The Thirst
#37 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

reboot Human Flying Fish is a challenge...

You know, I think it wouldn't take too much. For those who followed the post-Busiek Sword of Atlantis run, the Human Flying Fish played a role in a later arc as a mercenary thug. I don't think every one of Aquaman's enemies has to be a solo mastermind. The Human Flying Fish in that story arc certainly wasn't. He was just extra muscle for bigger villains and he actually sold ad space on his costume, making him look like a NASCAR driver.

That's a perfectly good rendition of the character that could serve a role in the Aquaman mythos.

#38 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hatutzeraze: Yeah was cool to see him like a mercenary,but I hate that look. I would like to Fisherman returns like Busiek shows,he could show it to be an awesome villain and really dangerous,it was great to reveal that helmet was actually a creature from another dimension in search of food to his Cthulhu-like masters

#39 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Hatutzeraze: Yeah was cool to see him like a mercenary,but I hate that look. I would like to Fisherman returns like Busiek shows,he could show it to be an awesome villain and really dangerous,it was great to reveal that helmet was actually a creature from another dimension in search of food to his Cthulhu-like masters

Which helmet?

#40 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: That helmet,in Busiek's Sword of Atlantis run is revealed that helmet is creature of another dimension,I had a kind of symbiosis with the person taking their body

#41 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Danial79: That helmet,in Busiek's Sword of Atlantis run is revealed that helmet is creature of another dimension,I had a kind of symbiosis with the person taking their body

Cool... though it doesn't look very creature-like. If it looked more like a Headcrab from the Half-Life games I'd be more impressed :)

#42 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: In the beginning does not really seem a creature, but is then revealed that she was sleeping at ages waiting for the call of his masters,but whenever someone puts in the head is caught in a ocean of distorted memories of all Fishermans and even asleep he kind of controls the person.

#43 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@matchesmalone21 Sounds pretty damn cool. Now he has my vote for next villain :)
#44 Posted by The Finality (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Fisherman, Scavenger, Kordax, and The Thrist.

#45 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Finality: What about Demon Gate?

@Danial79: I want to see those too,what do you think about them?

Torpedo Man

The Torpedo.

A villain through the actions of a few years and no importance for fans of Aquaman (except those who have read his first magazine),but with huge potential to become a villain worthy of being respected. In his first appearances he acted with two other robots criminals that plagued Aquaman and his family,but how to bring it to reality of New 52 ? He need a modern

He could be presented as a high-tech pirate whose face was never seen by anyone, who for years stealing weapons and equipment in the Bermuda Triangle, taking advantage of the legend of islands and in some point,tries to expand his business selling what he acquired for countries in conflict.

Triton

Another brilliant Peter David's creation.

The son of Poseidon who always envied Aquaman,because the people feared Arthur more than he and was defeated by Arthur more than twice,after years of defeat, he killed his own father to become the god of the seas and so finally he can defeat Aquaman. Triton is a rare case of characters who are easy to be adapted, Geoff Johns could benefit from it and readapts for the New 52.

#46 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

New villains.

#47 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Triton would be cool, though I'm not sure introducing classical mythology into Aquaman would be a good move just yet. People have Wonder Woman for that stuff :)

#48 Posted by Thorion88 (310 posts) - - Show Bio
Sunburst

Probably a revamp of an obscure villain from the Silver Age? Sunburst could potentially be a deadly for for Aquaman if done right.

#49 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: ?

@Danial79: I know that by now would be strange to introduce a mythological character, but I don't want it to be like before where there was no interaction between their comics, because after all Atlantis is a Greek myth and at some point there will be interference of some Gods (Poseidon).

@Thorion88: It is a good choice and we know that Johns loves to relive old villains. Well he could be reintroduced as an unscrupulous businessman, who in search of a new petroleum pit in the oceans and eventually finding a colony of Atlantis, lost for a long and starts to secretly use their technology in its own benefit and later gian powers

#50 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@matchesmalone21: create new villains.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.