Continuity error?

#1 Edited by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

This just annoys me. This is the funeral of martian manhunter in final crisis. See Aquaman over there next to green arrow on the right? HE WAS DEAD THEN! HE SHOULDN'T HAVE APPEARED THERE! AND NO IT ISN'T THE NEW AQUAMAN CAUSE HE HAS LONG HAIR AND A DIFFERENT COSTUME! What the hell? Does this annoy anyone else?

Martian Manhunter funeral
#2 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, if you're wondering when he died, it was in issue 50 of Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis back in 2007.

#3 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL At worst it's just an art mix up, and at best it's an Easter egg. No need to get worked up about it. As much as I don't like Tomasi, he was an editor for a long time, and I doubt he'd make such a massive mistake.

#4 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: Yeah, actually I forgot that this could have been drawn before he actually died.
#5 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96 said:
" @AtPhantom: Yeah, actually I forgot that this could have been drawn before he actually died. "
No way. Final Crisis: Requiem was released nearly a year and a half after Aquaman's death. That's way too much time between drawing and releasing an issue. I doubt they even had Martian Manhunter's death in plan at that point. And even if that was true, Aquaman didn't look like that for more than a year already. It was most likely artist just throwing characters in to fill up the panel, and he didn't notice that one of them was actually dead. I'm sure it has happened before.
#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see how this could happen being as so few people give a crap about Aquaman he's easily overlooked

#7 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: Was it confirmed it was him atr the time of his death?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.