Can Aquaman fly?

#1 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9193 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't noticed this,I read Justice League 8 at least five times and yet I didn't seen this,but thanks to I know exist that possibility!!! Look to the scans above

#2 Posted by Dernman (15791 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah he lacks the wings on the ankles. :p    Really though he was just free falling.

#3 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

and he would survive even at that height coz he's the friggin' Aquaman!

#4 Posted by Squalleon (4958 posts) - - Show Bio

He leaps high building in a single bound.............wait.................where do i have heard that before :-P

#5 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: He wasn't leaping there,because the airplane explode and they just get ou,he stopped in the middle air. Iknow tht he leap building,did you know that I made a respect thread form him too?

#6 Posted by Squalleon (4958 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: i know he wasn't leaping i only said it for fun :-P

I gonna check out your respect thread!

#7 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Green Arrow, he got screwed over by the JLA.

#8 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: If his just free falling,why GL didn't created a platform for him? another question,how Batman get there,if he isn't with them in the airplane?

#9 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: batman was probably with them on the plane later on (or was already there).But aquaman is probably free falling because it seems like green lantern is bringing them down.OR most likely an artist error

#10 Posted by SoA (5248 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe the artist thought he had exact same abilities as namor, im not that knowledgeable in DC but im pretty sure aquaman never flew ,

#11 Posted by Dernman (15791 posts) - - Show Bio
@matchesmalone21: Because as already shown Aquaman has the ability to jump to great heights and land on his own. Kind of like Superman in early action comics. Aquaman simply might not have needed it.  As far as Batman it was awhile ago that I read the issue so I can't comment on that.
#12 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9193 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Batman wasn't with them,Flash confirmed this in previous scans..you can see it in Green Arrow respect thread

#13 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: oh,well then I guess cyborged boomed him in later during the fight or something like that.

OR he came later on in the fight

#14 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9193 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: But why Cyborg would teleported Btaman to an exploded airplane?

#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. Looks like he can.. I guess?

#16 Posted by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Nah he lacks the wings on the ankles. :p
#17 Edited by BlackWind (7212 posts) - - Show Bio

No. And he never should. A sea based character has no need for independent flight.

Besides, when you can jump like he can, he gets around just fine on land.

#18 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

lol im guessing its artist error

#19 Posted by Danial79 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember seeing this, but just shrugged it off. My guess is that Carlos D'Anda just made a boo-boo. It can't imagine John's script saying, "Have Aquaman flying in the background" :)

#20 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't fly but he can jump extremely high (and consequently land without any trouble at all)

In this pic I think he is just falling.

#21 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by AssertingValor (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman should fly, if he can't already :P

#23 Posted by BlackWind (7212 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at WW flying and catching that plane! Beautiful!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.