Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Arthur, Garth, and Kaldur

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackWind

With Mera away from Arthur, unable to go with him to Atlantis, yet again, Arthur is at a point in his life where he is almost truly alone. After Throne of Atlantis, humans are wary of him, afraid to even get in the water, and as always, the Atlanteans are staying clasy with mistrust towards him, a lot of loyalty towards Orm still apparent.

Maybe not now, because as many others, I'm loving Mera at his side because she isn't a sidekick or a damsel in distress, she is his wife and his equal, with her own opinions that don't always match his. But, I feel Arthur will soon need someone else by his side, someone who feels what he has to endure. Garth seems to have gotten caught up in some controversy about his purple eyes. More Atlantean superstitious BS. And Kaldur, like Arthur, is half human, but I sort of wanted him to have something to himself that Atlanteans find...impure about him.

It could be interesting to see these three, somewhat shunned by their own people ending up their heroes.

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By UrbanChill

has kaldur made an appearance in the new 52 yet ?

i remember hearing of garth but no mention of kaldur

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

The son of Black Manta should pop up soon based on old interviews I heard. Maybe Aquaman should form his own Justice league of Atlantis.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackWind

@UrbanChill said:

has kaldur made an appearance in the new 52 yet ?

i remember hearing of garth but no mention of kaldur

No, and from what I heard on CBR, they have no plans to use him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.