Are We Ever Going To See The Aqua Family Again?

#1 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Jackson and Lorena a lot. It would be cool to see Arthur adopt Jackson. The Aqua Family has the potential to rival the Super family and the Bat family

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

I miss Jackson and Lorena a lot. It would be cool to see Arthur adopt Jackson. The Aqua Family has the potential to rival the Super family and the Bat family

well Tula was reintroduced recently and the has been talk of Tempest coming back so its not hard to belive that Jackson might come back soon.

#3 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like all of the families have been broken up by the New 52. Hoping to see them restored in the near future.

#4 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope so. Mera's great, but with Vulko having gone villain-ish, I'd like to see a more well-developed family for Aquaman. The Others are fantastic and all, but it would definitely be cool for Johns to build Arthur's world up with some close relatives and friends. Tula, Tempest, Jackson, are all cool characters with potential.

#5 Posted by BlackWind (6344 posts) - - Show Bio

At the moment it seems we only got Arthur and Mera.

Garth is apparently a kid at the moment, but personally I hope he just becomes Tempest. With all the Robins active, it'd take years for Garth to go from Aqualad to his own name. If we get Jackson I hope to Poseidon he gets the YJ look, otherwise he just looks annoyingly like Static.

#6 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully we'll see the Aqua Family grow again knowing that Arthur's back as King of Atlantis and venturing off throughout the ocean floors. Maybe we'll see the likes of Tempest down the road...or Dolphin. We've already been seeing Vulko in the New 52 Aquaman and Tula also made a reappearance on the series as an assassin of the Atlantean army, so hopefully we'll be seeing more of them reunite!

#7 Posted by Justthatkid (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: Not all apparently Batman can have 5 sidekicks or ex-sidekicks while Aqua-man has none :(

#8 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: True, Batman's gotten to keep more than most. But we still lost Steph and Cass.

On the bright side, Aquaman has introduced Tula, Garth, and Topo recently so maybe we'll see a reinvention of the Aqua-Family in the future?

#9 Posted by XrisBlaq (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Question? Are does fins behind the calves of atlantean feets attached to the body or part of the costumes for easy mobility in water?

#10 Edited by sinestro_GL (3152 posts) - - Show Bio

In Geoff Johns we trust.

Hopefully he can do for Arthur what he did for Hal Jordan :)

#11 Posted by BlackWind (6344 posts) - - Show Bio

@xrisblaq: Part of their clothes. And more than likely just an asthetic add on since I doubt they need them to swim faster.

#12 Posted by Justthatkid (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@superdork: To be honest it makes sense that the Aqua Family be bigger the Super or Bat families since the Aqua Family is public unlike the other families which are secret.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.