Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4625 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman's Super-Strength

• 91 results
    Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1000s of tons

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Truth_Teller
    Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixdiamond616: Alot of the earth lifting feats of Pre-Flashpoint Superman and WonderWoman are taken out of context. SA Superman and Post-Flashpoint Superman have feats suggesting they can though consistent. GA Wonder Woman is the only version I know who legitimately has a planet lifting feat and Im not sure if its consistent.

160K is dependent and I wouldn't put an exact number.

But new 52 wonder woman is stronger than another version, because she has accumulated strength when she has her brazalets. Without brazelets she is like a goddess (i think).

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixdiamond616: I thought her bracelets being taken off was some sort of beserker mode not a strength increase.

Regardless I thought the thread was being brought up as in lifting strength which Post-Flashpoint WW doesn't really have any lifting feats and alot of Pre-Flashpoint WW's feats are taken out of context.

ok thanks for explain me

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100+ class is casual for him. Stopping an attack that originally sank Atlantis puts him waaay above that.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Aquaman have the strength of Poseidon now with his trident and powers?

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Ok thanks. i thought he had only the trident and that is where his extra powers came from. But it kept saying that he had the power of a god so i got confused.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Ya that would make sense. i like his new powers, but i don't really care for his armor.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He can definitely lift at least 100k short tons.

Tho he is inconsistent as ****

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@chimeroid: I'd say Superman and Martian Manhunter are more inconsistent as of Post-Flashpoint.

Post-Flashpoint Aquaman seems pretty on point throughout. Pre-Flashpoint varies due to different writers having different thoughts on where the character stands.

@Coolcat4 Yeah I'm not big on the armor sadly the artist had better designs he passed on for some reason.

http://13thdimension.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/aquaman-costume-options.jpg

Personally would of like to see #5 so I could say Aquamoa appeared in comics it also would of fit in with the on the run theme.

For the armor i have to chip in. New artist is really not that good. I have seen better art from amateurs. It doesnt compare to the last one.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#66  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@chimeroid: I want the guy who did the Convergence interiors. Those were sexy as hell.

Manapul is doing Earth-1 Aquaman...that's gonna be amazing too.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex_1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any new feats from rebirth?

Vincent1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be wrong on this but based on the pressure being around 16k pounds per square inch and based on Arthur being 6'1" and 325 lbs it gives him a surface area of around 4365 square inches.

With the being the case then his body pressure wise is enduring around 70 million pounds total when he's at the bottom of the Marianas trench. If this is correct then his body is WAY under the limit of what he should be able to stand.. I would think not just bullets but direct strikes from tank rounds should cause him little to no harm. And considering what strength it must take to throw a submarine from the bottom of the ocean floor to the top AND out of the water would definitely strength wise put him in the category of some of the strongest in DC and even able to give some of the strongest in marvel more than a handful. I can't see Wonder Man or the Thing throwing a sub that far.

Vincent1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Vincent1967

@Alex_1333: other than taking on Superman and later on the Shaggy Man one thing he did when fighting the United States Army he asked Mera how far it was to the Potomac River, she said 8 miles he jumps holding her and the White House satellites picked him up two miles short of the river. He jumped 6 miles and even the chief of staff thought he was flying.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By seastone98

he's a casual 300k+ tonner so he's up there I say he's a low top tier in overall power so in supes ww mm class just on the lower end

Vincent1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EcstaticGrace: thank you! Did a little digging on Arthur throwing the submarine from the ocean floor. He told Topo that it was a remodeled Russian Submarine.. I googled Russian Class Subs and found out that the one in the book is a Alpha/Alfa Class sub which is 267 feet long and 2300 tons at the surface BUT 3200 TONS submerged or 6.4 MILLION pounds under water. The maximum depth of the sub is around 1,200 Ft below sea level but with it being redesigned by the Scavenger AND in the background before Aquaman throws it clearly and completely out of the ocean you can see a mountain range in the background PLUS he tells Tula and The Drift to stay on the ocean floor to evade the sonar of the subs. Pushing on a tectonic plate is highly impressive but with the sub it's hard numbers to apply directly to Arthurs strength level.. And since he did it with relatively ease it may be more impressive than lifting the cruise ship because the average depth of the Atlantic is 2.5 miles deep!! Throwing a 6 million pound submarine 2.5 miles from the ocean floor and out, lifting a ocean liner, pushing a tectonic plate with enforce to break it, jumping 6 miles with a single bound, getting in a fight with Superman on several occasions and at least one fight with Wonder Woman and enduring the punishment as well as dishing it out, all out brawl with the Shaggy Man who's literally above Doomsday levels when it comes to power and adaptability. I am really hoping for two things 1. That the Rebirth reboot places Arthur where he belongs.., the top echelon in the DC Universe and Justice League .. Where a KING is supposed to and be and 2. That this new movie next year really helps to elevate Aquaman to also. His power, strength and abilities have been downplayed and badly written for decades and it's time to show that Aquaman is the true King of the Seven Seas!

Vincent1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hercules fight was good.. Especially considering Herc was insane so he wasn't holding back at all and Arthur still defeat him. Another impressive feat was him swimming and through a lava tube and standing motionless in it also after defeating the Dead King. The toughest of his skin needs to be augmented higher than 5.56 or 7.62mm.. He should be able to easily withstand Tank cannon fire or not be penetrated so easily with stabbing weapons. A body that can withstand pressures that submarines can't should be much more durable.

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By area52
    Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He did sink a submarine with only 1 punch in the very first comic issue that he appeared.

His first appearance did involve him having a super strength.

ZellTemplar55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormhawk31 1. Superman can lift way more than 800,000 tons, though he did basically start crying while holding a black hole the size of a spec of dust, for contrast a black hole the size of a soda can weighs trillions of tons, on average Superman has been able to lift planets, 2. Aquaman is not as strong as Namor, Namor has shown to be able to overpower the Hulk while in water which far exceeds anything Aquaman has displayed, though I 100% agree Aquaman is underrated, I believe one time he beat Despero on his own and

Despero was able to take on the entire JL so pretty good, plus just look at him, gotta admit Aquaman does have some style

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for namelessmonster
    NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@ecstaticgrace: Did he tank the full blast of the Dead King tho? I've seen this been debated here, since Chimeroid old CaVs and I always wondered if this is what happened.

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: And to be sure, this feat is a blunt force feat right? looks like his Scepter has some kind of Kinectic Energy going out of it.

NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Oh, now I understand thank you for the info input.. Most things I were aware but you added more things I did not know. This as a Strength things make it more awesome in some ways.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.