Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4624 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman's new powers??

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I was reading Aquamans page here on the Vine and saw under his powers that he has some new pretty impressive powers.

I just copied and pasted what it says:

After the loss of his left hand, Aquaman initially replaced it with a cybernetic retractable hook, then a cybernetic hand. The mechanical hand was replaced by a magical hand made out of water given to him by the Lady of the Lake, which grants Aquaman numerous abilities, the ability to dehydrate anyone he touches with it, killing them instantly, the ability to change the shape and density of the hand for example Orin can make his hand into a sword or harder that steel, the ability to shoot jets of scalding water, healing abilities the ability to create portals into mystical dimensions the ability to communicate with the Lady of the Lake through the water bearer hand and the ability to nullify magic even powerful sorcerers’s like Tempest.

when did he get these powers? like what volume and issue? because im kind of interested.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

No one knows???

Aion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Aion

I have no clue, sorry.
    Sun King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sun King

The creators at DC must have a real UBER GOD complex............

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @BiteMe-Fanboy:

I know!
     http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman-vol-6/49-9517/

Lady of the Lake gives Aquaman the water hand during the beginning of this run. It's, in my opinion, the best volume of the Aquman series. However, do not read it after "One Year Later."
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Watch Dog
    @BiteMe-Fanboy:  

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed that entire series even when he moved to "subdiego" and started wearing his old duds, for no rhyme or reason ( i liked his stolen pants better ) In my opinyon one of two casualties of Infinite Crisis witch was a great story IMO ( the other was the Hawkman series ) after the changes that hapend both titels were canseld in like a year. It's to bad becawes they were both great.

@inferiorego:  Why did you not like the second 2 years?
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Watch Dog said:
    " @BiteMe-Fanboy:  

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed that entire series even when he moved to "subdiego" and started wearing his old duds, for no rhyme or reason ( i liked his stolen pants better ) In my opinyon one of two casualties of Infinite Crisis witch was a great story IMO ( the other was the Hawkman series ) after the changes that hapend both titels were canseld in like a year. It's to bad becawes they were both great.

@inferiorego:  Why did you not like the second 2 years? "
    The stuff during and after one year later was just plain awful on all accounts.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Watch Dog
    @inferiorego: come on it wasn't that bad Aquagirl, the story with Ocean Master, the cop that got mutated, I mean come on. 
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Squid Aqua-Man (who dies), new Aquaman, who is also named Arthur Curry, poor art, and writing that just doesn't work.

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Watch Dog
    @inferiorego: Ya all that sucked  but I thought that  that was A new series ( my books are in storge or I would check ) if it was part of the same series then I stopped likeing it at that point and dropped the title from list but befor that was like 3 years of good stuff.

I was wiked pissed about all that crap that happend when they did that to him all the same as you probibly and maybe more.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Watch Dog said:
    " @inferiorego: Ya all that sucked  but I thought that  that was A new series ( my books are in storge or I would check ) if it was part of the same series then I stopped likeing it at that point and dropped the title from list but befor that was like 3 years of good stuff.  I was wiked pissed about all that crap that happend when they did that to him all the same as you probibly and maybe more. "
    Some people call it volume 7, but I consider it the last part of vol 6, since the numbering didn't change.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Watch Dog
    @inferiorego: Well in that case we are in agreement about the bad story and the volume # if they didn't start from 1 it was the same volume

but what did you think about the subdiego stuff?
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Watch Dog said:
    " @inferiorego: Well in that case we are in agreement about the bad story and the volume # if they didn't start from 1 it was the same volume  but what did you think about the subdiego stuff? "
    I love the sub diego stuff. I occasionally hang out with Will Pfiefer, who's friends with my friends, and the first time we got together..... I geeked out on him. And that's the only time I've geeked out on a creator.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Watch Dog
    @inferiorego: that kicks ass.  The subdiego stuff was new different and had tons of potential. I was so pissed when they scraped all that good stuff and then tried to feed us that pile of  crap. 
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

His new power is Bad@$$

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Watch Dog
    @Son_of_Magnus: Well put concise and to to the point.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

So he doesn't have his 'water hand' anymore?
    what's all his powers now?
    basically what classic aquaman had?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.