aquamans greatest feat of strength please

#1 Posted by lifeofvibe (3425 posts) - - Show Bio

With a pictures please

#2 Posted by Justthatkid (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

And this is pre-52 :) Aquaman lifting a city block ^

#3 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Lifting a city block (with trees and cars on it)

Lifting a an ocean liner (around 160000 tons)

KOing the "greek Superman" Olympian with one punch

Emperor Aquaman (Flashpoint but with the same powers) gaining the upper hand vs Wonder Woman on land

Tackling at super speed and overpowering Wonder Woman

#4 Posted by BlackWind (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

What Aquaman needs are more easiky quantifiable speed feats. It's clear he is an underwater beast, but for the love of Presence people mistakenly thinks he is slow on land? Seriously, show him casually deflecting bullets with his trident or knocking other fast moving projectiles away and that'd be nice.

#5 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: the problem is he doesn't need to deflect bullets.

But I'm sure Johns will write a scene where he deflects some kind of other projectile.

So far we have seen him do stuff like these which are easily more impressive than what most of the other class 100 flightless characters can do.

He is far faster than most non speedsters. I can't see any character like Thing, Colossus, Steel (JSA), etc have this kind of speed and mobility.

If we get some solid reaction feats AQ can make a case for most mobile non flying class 100 IMO.

He is also casually faster than the Talons who are supposed to have super human speed.

#6 Edited by lifeofvibe (3425 posts) - - Show Bio

i did this for both underwater kings namor and aquaman it seems namor drouning in unpopularity (pun intended)

#7 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: LOL.

To be fair Aquaman is probably in the middle of his new golden age.

Namor is just there, in Marvel.

And his last few appearances where underwhelming which is sad because he deserves better.

#8 Posted by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a blog I made a while back showcasing some of Aquaman's greatest feats. It's not all of them, but there's some scans that you'll find interesting. He's demonstrated some pretty cool feats in recent New 52 issues as well, one of which is being able to launch a submarine into the air from out of the water. And I'm pretty sure you seen the scan of that. Here's the blog though. Check it out and tell me what you think!

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/raw_material/blog/respect-the-king/90475/

#9 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material:

I loved this feat. One of his best. Throws that thing from ocean floor then rips it open. Aquaman is such a badass. Can't wait till next issue

#10 Posted by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the feat where Aquaman closes a massive trench/crevice to.. stop the trench =D. I honestly believe he can take on Wonder Woman (new 52) in a little fisticuff... we've never really seen Aquaman rage yet so my guesses are that when he does, he'll go ape shit mode and own anything in his way!!!

#12 Posted by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln: You're talking about these scans right? Aquaman definitely showcased his strength and lifting power in this issue as he was able to carry a tectonic plate from the ocean floor to close "the trench" up. This feat is by far one of his greatest in the New 52 series.

#13 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln: They were pretty evenly matched (on land) for the past few years.

In Flashpoint Aquaman had the upper hand, and in Throne of Atlantis, I would say Aquaman came out looking just a little better (since he was trying to reason with her).

I'd say WW would win something like 6-7/10 on land.

Near a significant amount of water AQ 9/10.

IMO.

#14 Posted by The_Judge_since_83 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln: They were pretty evenly matched (on land) for the past few years.

In Flashpoint Aquaman had the upper hand, and in Throne of Atlantis, I would say Aquaman came out looking just a little better (since he was trying to reason with her).

I'd say WW would win something like 6-7/10 on land.

Near a significant amount of water AQ 9/10.

IMO.

I'm with you on this

#15 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.