Aquaman's Costume

#1 Edited by mighty dude (405 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a huge Aquaman fan, but I have always had a problem with the orange top. I wish they would go ahead and make his colors gold and green. I mean, half the time, the colorist makes it gold and it looks fantastic. But the other half give him his standard orange spandex. I love how the light reflects off of the metallic scales when it's gold, and I think gold would pair better with him being Atlantean Royalty. It would also match his trident! Do you agree? Or do you think that changing from the orange would ruin his iconic appeal?

This is the gold I like.

#2 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12975 posts) - - Show Bio

Its supposed to be gold but ends up coming off as orange, kinda like how Venom is black but ended up coming off as Blue

#3 Posted by BlackWind (6114 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I'd be fine if he often went without the armor.

#4 Posted by Ministurt (80 posts) - - Show Bio

How many other people get away with wearing super-hard goldfish scales and look that freaking awesome and i'm being 100% honest.

#5 Edited by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think the top looks fine, the pants are my biggest annoyance and mostly because of the color. If they were black I think they'd just look better. But that's my opinion. Also the gloves, but still because of color.

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ministurt said:

How many other people get away with wearing super-hard goldfish scales and look that freaking awesome and i'm being 100% honest.

Captain America, though admittedly, his are blue.

#7 Posted by Ministurt (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@Ministurt said:

Captain America, though admittedly, his are blue.

True but the wings on his head do kill the rest of the costume

#8 Posted by BlackWind (6114 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who likes those gold plates of armor at his sides?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.