Aquaman Will Appear In Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths

Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
Look at that mullet shine boys and girls! According to ComicsAlliance, Aquaman will appear in the upcoming Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
 What Evil Aquaman COULD HAVE been...
movie.   

Arthur Curry will appear for at least a short time in the upcoming "Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths" animated feature. Unfortunately, unlike his more popular teammates, viewers won't catch Curry tangling with an evil version of himself. 

That's right. While the rest of the JLA fights mirror opposites of themselves, Aquaman will most likely be swabbing the decks or checking out his hockey hair in the mirror.

Aquaman gets the proverbial shaft quite a bit in the DC films. If he's ever in them, it's for 5 seconds. That's just enough time for him to say, "Does anyone need help?" While everyone else replies, "You're too late again Arthur." 

I know what many of the non-Aquafans will say. "Aquaman sucks." If you read Volume 6 of his run, you'd be as big of a fan as I am, and just as upset that MS Paint Mirror Aquaman isn't in this film.

Regardless, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths will be released on DVD & Blu-Ray on Feb 23, the year of Darkseid, 2010.

What do you guys think? Glad Aquaman doesn't show his Forbidden Hair for more than 1 minute? Anyone happy we get at least a moment or two of Aquaman, and his ape drape, in another DC film? By the way, should I get a job at DC making evil versions of DC heroes? I think I have the goods.

(All synonyms for the word "mullet" were taken from The Vandals song "Ape Drape")
Staff
#1 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see an Aquaman movie now.

#2 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio

Entourage season 2

Staff
#3 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's gather people and pressure Warner to do a Aquaman movie....  
With a catchy subtitle like Secrets of Atlantis.... or something like that...

#4 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool!

#5 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Argentino_18 said:
" Let's gather people and pressure Warner to do a Aquaman movie....  With a catchy subtitle like Secrets of Atlantis.... or something like that... "
I'd rather see an animated film, or computer animated. Live action Aquaman gives me sea sickness
Staff
#6 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad he is in it, anything to bring in more of the richness of the DC universe.
#7 Posted by Bandito (187 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad he's in it, if only for a little while.  Until he's revived in the comics, Aquaman needs all the exposure he can get, and while his portrayal in Batman: The Brave & The Bold is fun, it's hard to take him seriously. 

Also, while he's one of my top three favorite characters, I don't think he needs his own animated movie quite yet.  Maybe a year or two down the road, after he's been revitalized and grounded in the DCU.  

#8 Posted by Bandito (187 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, his grin just looks creepy, especially since he appears to have blood on his hands.

#9 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bandito: it's ketchup. he spilled it when trying to eat a hamburger
Staff
#10 Posted by King Saturn (223808 posts) - - Show Bio
ah very nice... Mr. Underrated himself will get a little shine time in a DC Animated Film...
#11 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a huge fan of Aquaman probably because I imagine he smells like fish and I'm not very big on seafood but that isn't really fair because I don't think Batman smells like guano even though you know that suit gets musty after all that crime fighting and perspiration then going back into the cave full of bats yeah you're thinking about it now too aren't you well maybe he carries bat-antiperspirant-deodorant.

I haven't ever really read Aquaman so I don't actually know if I like him or not but I do like variety so I'll say that I am happy to at least see him in the movie.

#12 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Archetype: Volume 6 of his book is one of my favorite runs out of all the comics I've ever read. Top 10 for me.
Staff
#13 Posted by AirDave817 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Urm,...didn't Aquaman and Martian Manhunter save the day in the Earth-2 trade paperback because the alternate Earth didn't have a parallel to them? The rest of the League was getting their - - chronometers - - handed to them by the Syndicate because they were so evenly matched, and then Arthur and J'onn showed up and really kick some @$$!...  

#14 Edited by GreenGriffin (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman not fighting his evil self is OUTRAGEOUS!
#15 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:

"I want to see an Aquaman movie now. "

Both a live-action and animated one!
#16 Posted by CaptObtuse (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Volume 5, by Peter David, was much better.  Except for the hook hand.  I liked the political intrigue in the palace much more than that Sub Diego nonsense.

#17 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

is that blood on his hands? ... i might actually like how they portray him in this.

#18 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

You left out "Achy Beaky Hair"... Haha.

It's too bad that Aquaman keeps getting screwed out of DC films. I think he'd be a great character for a movie, given the chance.

#19 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego:  I was joking, I never want to see a Aquamna movie, nor a cameo... even viking aquaman is kinda lame....
#20 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman rocks - It always cracks me up how they diss him BUT not Namor. Who runs around in a speedo, with little bird wings on his ankles & looking like a Vulcan. Yet, Aquaman gets shit on cause he talks to fish & wears orange? Yeeeeea that makes logical sense. Last time I checked Arthur beat Namor in DC vs Marvel. 

Anyways, is it just me or does Aquaman look like Dolph Lundgreon from the 80's era, here ?  

#21 Posted by Bandito (187 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @Bandito: it's ketchup. he spilled it when trying to eat a hamburger "
Interesting that he would eat beef... I imagine he'd get sick of seafood, especially when he can hear it screaming for mercy.
#22 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think this Aquaman's the best: 

Staff
#23 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: lol agreed
Staff
#24 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him in Justice League Unlimited. Actually, I liked the whole show, it was definitely a good representation of the characters from the comics. They let every character have a chance to shine and talked about their backstories. Buuuuttt.... We'll see how this one turns out.
#25 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Aouaman is good at times,and now I want to see him more often LOL

#26 Posted by Sylar0 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow is that Aquaman with blood on his hands could that be Aquaman from the other Earth because I don't remember him ever spiling anybodys blood but then I could be wrong. Also what's up with his hair lol.

#27 Posted by comicbufftoughstuff (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't be more pleased to see Aquaman in action, and his hair doesn't look that bad...at least he doesn't have a beard...I never thought that suited him. He's my personal favorite so I do hope sometime In the future he gets the spotlight with an animated film or some thing of the sort. Though I'm not too keen on him getting a live-action movie, I will die if they make a Namor movie first...

#28 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

1st Aquaman looks like A Douche he looks like the Evil Aquaman...
2nd I liked him b4
B4 his JOke
ever since a Comedian said the Joke... "Superman FLies... Flash goes Fast... Batman Attacks... Aquaman... talks to fishes"...  ever since then its been countless jokes of Him asking a Gold Fish for some help...
or being useless since theirs no fishes around...

I kno... all nerds Kno... Aquaman can do more than that... but the joke Killed him...
Hes lucky to get 5 seconds in anything related to Marvel to get a "Hey Remember Me" moment...
 that joke was too dam good... and he wasnt as popular as Bats or Supes to survive it...
Batmans Joke... His Magical Utility belt... and being secretly a GAy Perv
Supermans Joke... Wears his Underwear on top of his tights... N being too powerful
Wonder Woman... being a Lesbian
Spider mans... Shooting Web from somewhere else...

all those jokes didnt kill the awesomeness of the character
but Aquaman couldnt do it... Oh and the Orange joke... Oh boy did that ruin him too... he actually stop wearing a orange shirt... after that joke... i mean after that... No New Hero was drawn with Orange... None... and still to this day... they make fun of the orange shirt... IN Smallville(the show) they made fun of it...

im jus saying... Comedy ruined him

oh N spongebob made fun of him... now thats jus sad...

#29 Posted by Mr.Starks (48 posts) - - Show Bio

damn, i havent been on here in a while. hows everyone been??!
#30 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One said:
" 1st Aquaman looks like A Douche he looks like the Evil Aquaman... 2nd I liked him b4 B4 his JOke ever since a Comedian said the Joke... "Superman FLies... Flash goes Fast... Batman Attacks... Aquaman... talks to fishes"...  ever since then its been countless jokes of Him asking a Gold Fish for some help... or being useless since theirs no fishes around...  I kno... all nerds Kno... Aquaman can do more than that... but the joke Killed him... Hes lucky to get 5 seconds in anything related to Marvel to get a "Hey Remember Me" moment...  that joke was too dam good... and he wasnt as popular as Bats or Supes to survive it... Batmans Joke... His Magical Utility belt... and being secretly a GAy Perv Supermans Joke... Wears his Underwear on top of his tights... N being too powerful Wonder Woman... being a Lesbian Spider mans... Shooting Web from somewhere else...  all those jokes didnt kill the awesomeness of the character but Aquaman couldnt do it... Oh and the Orange joke... Oh boy did that ruin him too... he actually stop wearing a orange shirt... after that joke... i mean after that... No New Hero was drawn with Orange... None... and still to this day... they make fun of the orange shirt... IN Smallville(the show) they made fun of it...  im jus saying... Comedy ruined him  oh N spongebob made fun of him... now thats jus sad... "
That comedian didn't kill him, the 70s Super-Friends cartoon did. His only power in that show seemed to be "talking to fishes." They made him a whipping boy and since then, no one has taken him seriously.
Staff
#31 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

We need more Aquaman.

#32 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

when i was watching this with my girl and Aquaman came on she looked at me and said "Go ahead...freak out." I went into Aquaman fandom sitting straight up from a cuddle an watching intently

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.