Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4624 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman vs. Hawkman?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I know in the preview we see Aquaman punch Hawkman. But does Waller seriously think Hawkman is going to be able to hang with Aquaman? Is there something I'm missing on Hawkman?

I just don't want Aquaman nerfed for this fight. Or the fight to just become PIS.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

well the nth metal hawkman has can heal and give hawkman a weapon if he he loses one or is tired of H2H , it will make it closer but aquaman should still kick his butt

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But shouldn't Aquaman's trident easily pierce the armor?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Raw_Material

I could see Aquaman winning this one quite easily.

@jwalser3 said:

But shouldn't Aquaman's trident easily pierce the armor?

And yea he could. He's been able to pierce through Darkseid's armor and even making him bleed in the process. Aquaman's also been able to break the magical barrier that Dr. Graves' had which was deemed indestructible at the time. His trident will definitely be able to do work in this fight for sure.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Waller is probably overestimating Hawkman. Dude bas some serious damage soak, such as when he aoparently kept on trucking after losing a pint of blood. And I LOVE how his nth metal armor forms its own weapons and gives him a healing factor. But Aquaman just out and out has better feats at the moment.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman makes him bow before the mighty king of Atlantis!!! Guy is stronger can tank more and can tag him even in the air.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After what Deathstroke did to Hawkman, I think Aquaman takes this without much effort.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done are the "Aqua man is only a fish and can only talk to fish" days.. Woohoo!

Avatar image for the_judge_since_83
    The_Judge_since_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wondering, since Waller first revealed who her choices for each hero were, how in the world Hawkman is going to be a problem for Aquaman. My guess is that he's literally just there to keep Aquaman busy while others fight, with his healing factor, speed, and agility he won't go easy, and every moment Aquaman spends fighting him he isn't helping one of the other leaguers. All in all I don't think Hawkman is supposed to win, just be a distraction which buys time for others do do their job and eventually help him in his fight.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aquaman but goodfight tho

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By sinestro_GL

Actually, in pretty much all the match ups of JL vs JLA, I vote curb-stomp for JL.

Just to refresh your memories:

No Caption Provided

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman is superior in every way except flying.

Hawkman also has crazy damage tolerance.

AQ should win this after an interesting fight.

And most of the pairings between JL and JLA without PIS are on JL's favour.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Hawkman seems pretty powerful in the NuDCU, but he has some showings that put him clearly below AQ. Then again he has some impressive ones like the fight with Shaggy Man that might make this fight interesting.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By ViperKing

Aquaman's trident can pierce through Hawkman's armor easily. Hawkman is not in the same league as Aquaman but he would be able to hang in there for quite a bit. His strength, speed, flight, and regenerative abilities, combined with his weapons, should allow him to keep afloat. You do realize that the list is lacking of Green Arrow, correct? It is because Catwoman is combined with Green Arrow to face Batman, knowing that it would take two people to face him.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of think Hawkman would destroy Aquaman in a fight, and I am no Hawkman fan. Is there a reason, besides this being on Aqauman's board, that everyone thinks Aquaman would win?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Raw_Material

Aquaman wins

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sinestro_GL

I kind of think Hawkman would destroy Aquaman in a fight, and I am no Hawkman fan. Is there a reason, besides this being on Aqauman's board, that everyone thinks Aquaman would win?

Please familiarise yourself with some of Aquaman's feats:New 52 Aquaman Respect Thread

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BloodTalon

All of the ignorance hear makes me sad. These 2 are one of the most evenly matched fights in this story don't let your fanboyness or your fangirlness blinded you to the facts

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

Please familiarise yourself with some of Aquaman's feats:New 52 Aquaman Respect Thread

Ok skipping over that pointless response, can you just say why you think Aquaman would win?

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Ok skipping over that pointless response, can you just say why you think Aquaman would win?

Skipping over your pointless question, follow the link (complete with plenty of scans)...I attempted to answer your question like a nice user would do...you don't have to be an ass about it.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@sinestro_gl said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Skipping over your pointless question, follow the link (complete with plenty of scans)...I attempted to answer your question like a nice user would do...you don't have to be an ass about it.

Linking somebody to a respect thread is pointless. Every character has some feats, but without an actual equal comparison to the other character in question, the feats are useless. If you had linked a "Why Aquaman is more powerful than Hawkman" thread, thatd be different.

Avatar image for the_judge_since_83
    The_Judge_since_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I believe Aquaman would win without too much trouble, but I don't read as much Hawkman as I do Aquaman, I do try to stay current with what all heroes and villains are up to and capable of and nothing I've seen out of Hawkman suggests he could take on Aquaman successfully except as a stalling tool for others. If you have any images, or links or anything that showcase Hawkman doing some impressive stuff, which I'm presuming is why you think he'd win, could you post a link for me please? Or if you just know which issues are good reads that works for me as well cause I can just go pick up the issue, thank you.

soccerguy951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By soccerguy951

@deaditegonzo: I think the big thing is the difference in their strength level. Aquaman is FAR stronger than Hawkman. For example, in the latest issue, Aqaman picks up and hurls a sunken ship liner at one of his enemies. Aquaman can go rounds with Wonder Woman and Superman. This puts Hawkman at a severe disadvantage.

Aquaman can jump miles in the air (like the Hulk), so he's not just a sitting duck on the land.

And his trident, can pierce just about anything.

Anyway you slice it, Hawkman is the underdog here

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Knightfall225

AqaMan would destroy him

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physically how strong/ tough is Hawkman? cause this seems like it should be a problem... however the Claw of Horus would KO Aquaman on impact.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youmessinwithme: @justthatkid: Did Nth metal ever even show that capability in the new 52? Also, does the Claw of Horus even exist in the new continuity?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Aquaman would win but it'll be a great fight nonetheless.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I think the big thing is the difference in their strength level. Aquaman is FAR stronger than Hawkman. For example, in the latest issue, Aqaman picks up and hurls a sunken ship liner at one of his enemies. Aquaman can go rounds with Wonder Woman and Superman. This puts Hawkman at a severe disadvantage.

Aquaman can jump miles in the air (like the Hulk), so he's not just a sitting duck on the land.

I would say Superman at his currently levels should potentially be able to maim either one without any real effort, same with Wonder Woman.

Now Hawkman has less feats these days, but traditionally id say Hawkman and Aquaman make up a similar tier in strength, well below Kryptonians, Wonder Woman, Martians, etc. To be fair though, it is a little presumptive to assume Hawkman is still as powerful as before.

Id say Nth metal is an advantage here, as well as the fact Hawkman has a speed and flight advantage.

Basically, at best imo, Aquaman is slightly stronger, and has a slightly better weapon, id call that a loss most of the time.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I think that it's one of the better match ups between the JLA and the League. Hawkman has the Nth Metal and is slightly faster but Aquaman is stronger and more durable. It would be an interesting fight.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@soccerguy951 said:

I would say Superman at his currently levels should potentially be able to maim either one without any real effort, same with Wonder Woman.

Now Hawkman has less feats these days, but traditionally id say Hawkman and Aquaman make up a similar tier in strength, well below Kryptonians, Wonder Woman, Martians, etc. To be fair though, it is a little presumptive to assume Hawkman is still as powerful as before.

Id say Nth metal is an advantage here, as well as the fact Hawkman has a speed and flight advantage.

Basically, at best imo, Aquaman is slightly stronger, and has a slightly better weapon, id call that a loss most of the time.

Actually,off the bat Aquaman is FAAAR stronger. Hawkman is probably only like 5 tons. However,that is WITHOUT the armor berserker mode.

And with his Nth metal he can create numerous dangerous handheld weapons. Not only that,but he DOES have the flight advantage and his healing factor and savage nature should also keep him in the fight. Although Aquaman may win 6/10,but I think Hawkman can also win. But for the latter fight,it would be more close.

@matchesmalone21 What do you think?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flight isn't that big a deal if you can't do heavy damage from the sky. And the strength difference isn't even arguable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@blackwind: Actually he can do. Nth metal already showe to be capable to pierce Atlanteans skin without a problem,as he does with Ocean Master using a dagger.

No Caption Provided

@deaditegonzo: The big problem with Hawkman is healing factor is twice fast as before. Look into the forum New 52 Hawkman respect thread.

@cameron83: Clearly Aquaman has the strength and durability as an advantage,but Hawkman's healing factor and savagery comes to play. People tend to underestimate it by not having many feats, but it was never suggested that he should be at the same powerhouse's level of strength,but still be able to keep match, to them in a matter of durability.

Even the fight in JLA 6 showed that it can withstand any kind of punishment of the most powerful beings and yet keep fighting, not only by healing factor but also by willpower. I'd say that can go either way,more probably to Aquaman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.