Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4601 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman vs. Cyborg Showdown

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Raw_Material

If you all didn't here already - for Week 3 of the Injustice: Gods Among Us - Battle Arena - Aquaman was matched up against Cyborg in Round 1 of the tournament. The people have voted, but now it's up to the game engined simulator to analyze and log in the data for the official outcome of this fight. If you haven't seen the gameplay of Aquaman yet, I highly suggest you watching it before the fight!

Pretty cool, huh?! A fresh, new look with some brutal attacks, you can't stop but sink in the joy of seeing Aquaman this badass. What did you think of his home battleground in the palace where the throne of Atlantis stands - Where he is King, and the only King of Atlantis!

What did you think of the fight? You think it could've went any other way? What did you picture the fight to be like?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ComicStooge

Woo hoo!

Here's how I'm hoping Aquaman vs GL turns out:

No Caption Provided
    Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Veshark

Very cool fight. I especially dug the use of changing backgrounds. But while I adore Aquaman and somewhat despise Cyborg, I have to say that Vic had the cooler moves here.

Costume designs are still godawful though. Every time I look at Flash's over-designed fashion-disaster, I cringe.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Raw_Material

@ComicStooge said:

Woo hoo!

Here's how I'm hoping Aquaman vs GL turns out:

No Caption Provided

Hoping! Lol, great reference ^

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lilben42

@Veshark: I don't thonk they are that bad. but I do hope they send out a costume DLC or give you other costumes. The Green Lantern vs Grundy fight was the best. Grundy has the best moves. Green Lantern has really cool moves too. Aquamans special is probably is really cvool.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raw_Material

@Veshark said:

Very cool fight. I especially dug the use of changing backgrounds. But while I adore Aquaman and somewhat despise Cyborg, I have to say that Vic had the cooler moves here.

Costume designs are still godawful though. Every time I look at Flash's over-designed fashion-disaster, I cringe.

They tried to imply a more modernized design to all the characters, which some look more badass while others look completely hideous in there new suits. However, even though I did like Cyborg's "Boom-blasters" I really dug Aquaman's summoning of the sea and sharks, that was cool!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Raw_Material

@lilben42 said:

@Veshark: I don't thonk they are that bad. but I do hope they send out a costume DLC or give you other costumes. The Green Lantern vs Grundy fight was the best. Grundy has the best moves. Green Lantern has really cool moves too. Aquamans special is probably is really cvool.

Yea I think their sending out a costume DLC for the game, having revealed some of the suits of Green Arrow and other heroes/villains via injustcegame official site & youtube. I fully agree that Green Lantern and Grundy fight was complete badass. Really brutal battle to the finish. I wonder how much health Hal really had after finishing Grundy off with his ring; seemed like he'd put some damage into Hal and put up a great fight. One of the best match-ups yet.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilben42

@ckuakini: Yeah I can't wait to see Superman vs Doomsday. I expect doomsday to be just as brutal or more.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Veshark

I guess they just don't suit my costume sensibilities. While I get that they're going for a more modernized look, and I'll even concede that some of them look alright (Cyborg, Wonder Woman), most of them just look cluttered and messy to me. To each his own, I suppose.

But yeah, costume DLCs would be a great idea.

The costume designs are mostly hit-and-miss for me, with probably more miss than hit.

And yeah, the giant riptide move was pretty sweet.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#10  Edited By Black_Claw

I was a bit split on this. I really like Cyborg but at the same time I really wanted the Internet to see how awesome Aquaman is for once instead of making all those way past tired jokes about him.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lilben42

@Veshark: They do look messy.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlackWind

Gotta say, I dislike how the middle blade of his trident is so short. Otherwise good fight, the animations of how the trident summoned water is just as I imagined it.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Raw_Material

@Veshark: Pretty badass, huh? High tide is on the risee! TSUNAMI!!!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raw_Material

@BlackWind: I agree and that the designs of these characters on the game is quite far fetched and doesn't really fit the comic book designs they're depicted to be like. However, they hit it on spot with their powers/abilities/moves, facial expressions, story line, their individual quotes and even their voices match!

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlackWind

@ckuakini said:

@BlackWind: I agree and that the designs of these characters on the game is quite far fetched and doesn't really fit the comic book designs they're depicted to be like. However, they hit it on spot with their powers/abilities/moves, facial expressions, story line, their individual quotes and even their voices match!

As I have stated before, I'm not feeling this voice for Aquanan. I like Phil Lamaar, hell he is the definitive Virgil Hawkins voice. But he just doesn't mesh for Aquanan.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Raw_Material

@BlackWind: Yea, i'm not sure who's playing the voice of Aquaman in this game, but it works for me! I mean, as long as his voice is somewhat deep and "commanding" like how a King should be portrayed to be like then I don't seem to care....matter of fact the voice is kinda getting to me know that you've mentioned it....LOL!

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#17  Edited By Black_Claw

I think Cyborgs "BOOYAH" is probably his taunt. Hopefully Aquaman's taunt will be "OUTRAGEOUS!!!"

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's unlocked!

Must watch ^__^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.