Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman Trailer for 'Injustice: Gods Among Us'

• 132 results
    SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By SavageDragon

I was already dead set on getting this game, but this just makes me even more excited for it.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By comicace3

@AlKusanagi said:

Make game with 52 characters.

Everyone just plays Batman.

Haha good one

Yeah Looks like Aquaman isn't the lamest superhero in my book anymore. WOOT.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By NightFang3

Don't mess with Aquaman.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By mk111

Whoah, Aquaman looks surprisingly cool! In fact, I think I wouldn't mind playing as him.

ThunderKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ThunderKong

Not going to buy this game.

Why? Besides Wonder Woman, there's not one female in the game that's a REAL "god".

Harley Quinn and Catwoman really?

Bring out the real female gods like Cheetah, Circe, Zatanna.

MSzekeresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106  Edited By MSzekeresh

I like that the character looks a little bit older than his recent appearances in comic books. It makes him stand out not just as a hero but as a ruler. He actually looks kinda weary as if he knows that he is responsible as a leader. Loving the use of the trident. This trailer seemed bloodier than previous videos the company has put out.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By mk111

@ThunderKong:

Wait, how is Cheetah a god?

ThunderKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ThunderKong

@mk111 said:

@ThunderKong:

Wait, how is Cheetah a god?

She's gone toe to toe against Wonder Woman and Flash. She has superspeed, superstrength, and incredible agility.

Can't say the same for Harley Quinn.

Cheetah would absolutely destroy most of the revealed playable characters.

mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By mighty dude

WOOHOOOOOOO! Proud day for Aquafans

ToferBooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ToferBooboo

@ThunderKong: You know that they are not in how?

Was the game roster leaked?

Did you help make the game and you know who is in?

If so then please tell me the whole roster, I would love to know.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Very nice I must admit!

OriginalVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By OriginalVenom

He looks pretty awesome, Im glad they are hooking him up with a large role

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#113  Edited By Teerack

Well looks like I'll actually get the game now.

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Brit

TAKE MY MONEY NOW PLEASE....

ThunderKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ThunderKong

@ToferBooboo:

Of course I don't know for sure. But, the way things are looking right now (based on the revealed playable characters), it doesn't look good for fans like myself.

To be honest, I can't stand that so many of the revealed playable characters are Batman characters. Because none of them are "GODS". They should really rename the game. And BTW if I wanted to play as Batman characters I'd go play the many Batman games that are already out. Please, no more Batman characters. I'm sick of it.

ToferBooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ToferBooboo

@ThunderKong said:

@ToferBooboo:

Of course I don't know for sure. But, the way things are looking right now (based on the revealed playable characters), it doesn't look good for fans like myself.

To be honest, I can't stand that so many of the revealed playable characters are Batman characters. Because none of them are "GODS". They should really rename the game. And BTW if I wanted to play as Batman characters I'd go play the many Batman games that are already out. Please, no more Batman characters. I'm sick of it.

You have to remember that this is a game that is catering to the Mortal Kombat fans first, this is being made by the people who created Fatalities and gore in video games. I do not think that a lot of them on the team knew of certain characters until they began making this game.

There was also a lot of chances for every person to speak their mind when it came to characters making the roster. You wanted a certain character in, then you should have been on their twitter/Facebook months ago talking to them about why you feel a character should have the chance to make it. They have said countless times in all of their interviews that they listened to all of their fans on who they wanted in, and they even replied to a lot of them.

And concerning the Batman thing, when it comes to the casual comic book reader, Batman is probably the biggest DC title and it has the memorable characters. You have Arkham Asylum/City, you have all the animated series', and you have like 6 movies all on Batman. The franchise is MEGA popular and recognizable to both children and adults who do not read comic books and know who people like Cheetah or Zatanna are.

ThunderKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ThunderKong

@ToferBooboo said:

@ThunderKong said:

@ToferBooboo:

There was also a lot of chances for every person to speak their mind when it came to characters making the roster. You wanted a certain character in, then you should have been on their twitter/Facebook months ago talking to them about why you feel a character should have the chance to make it. They have said countless times in all of their interviews that they listened to all of their fans on who they wanted in, and they even replied to a lot of them.

And concerning the Batman thing, when it comes to the casual comic book reader, Batman is probably the biggest DC title and it has the memorable characters. You have Arkham Asylum/City, you have all the animated series', and you have like 6 movies all on Batman. The franchise is MEGA popular and recognizable to both children and adults who do not read comic books and know who people like Cheetah or Zatanna are.

Not everyone visits Facebook or Twitter, myself included. And besides, I had no clue at all that was going on, as did probably the majority of other people. Nice job spreading the word, NOT!

And trust me, I'm not the only one who is thinking this: I'M TIRED OF BATMAN! It's been done to death. Who cares if it's "popular" it's getting tiring.

Who cares if they don't know who Cheetah, Circe and Zatanna are? Why can't they just be introduced to them? Do they really need to know every single character in the game? And besides, these 3 characters are known from various outlets as well.

Cheetah has appeared in cartoon films and TV shows including Justice League: Doom and Justice League (Animated Series).

Zatanna was shown in the Justice League Animated Series as well, also in Smallville and Young Justice.

Circe also appeared in the Justice League Animated Series.

All three ladies made appearances in various different Justice League games and on DC Universe Online, where Circe is a major character. Zatanna and Cheetah also appear in Lego Batman 2.

ToferBooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ToferBooboo

1. They spread that news like crazy, if you didn't know about it then you obviously just didn't follow the game at all.

2. It doesn't matter if people are tired of Batman being popular, because he IS popular, nothing you can about that. He is going to be in everything as are the characters that everyone loves because EVERYONE loves them.

3. It does matter if they do not know who they are, because if they do not know who they are then they do not know who to put in. If a fans do not request a character that they do not know then why are they going to put them in their game? It is theirs and the fans that make a game happen, they listen to the people who are going to be buying their games.

If 400 different people asked for a character then there is a high chance that a lot of fans want this character in, if only 50 asked if a character was going to be in the game then there is a lower chance that the character would appeal to the casual/pro gamer and the casual comic book reader. It is a video, they are limited on what they are putting into the game. I can understand your points completely, because they do make sense, but at the same time you're being completely unfair and close minded about a VIDEO GAME COMPANY'S decision on comic book characters.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#119  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@ThunderKong said:

@ToferBooboo said:

@ThunderKong said:

@ToferBooboo:

Not everyone visits Facebook or Twitter, myself included. And besides, I had no clue at all that was going on, as did probably the majority of other people. Nice job spreading the word, NOT!

And trust me, I'm not the only one who is thinking this: I'M TIRED OF BATMAN! It's been done to death. Who cares if it's "popular" it's getting tiring.

Who cares if they don't know who Cheetah, Circe and Zatanna are? Why can't they just be introduced to them? Do they really need to know every single character in the game? And besides, these 3 characters are known from various outlets as well.

Cheetah has appeared in cartoon films and TV shows including Justice League: Doom and Justice League (Animated Series).

Zatanna was shown in the Justice League Animated Series as well, also in Smallville and Young Justice.

Circe also appeared in the Justice League Animated Series.

All three ladies made appearances in various different Justice League games and on DC Universe Online, where Circe is a major character. Zatanna and Cheetah also appear in Lego Batman 2.

Cheetah isnt in it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Vaeternus

@CobaltArchangel said:

Aquaman's finally grown a pair of balls! thanks Geoff Johns for making him cool again

So happy to see NRS made AM look like a badass! And DC's New 52 too! Props to them both.

Also, you guys notice Cap Marvel's alternate? Looks pretty bad-A.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Vaeternus

@ToferBooboo said:

1. They spread that news like crazy, if you didn't know about it then you obviously just didn't follow the game at all.

2. It doesn't matter if people are tired of Batman being popular, because he IS popular, nothing you can about that. He is going to be in everything as are the characters that everyone loves because EVERYONE loves them.

3. It does matter if they do not know who they are, because if they do not know who they are then they do not know who to put in. If a fans do not request a character that they do not know then why are they going to put them in their game? It is theirs and the fans that make a game happen, they listen to the people who are going to be buying their games.

If 400 different people asked for a character then there is a high chance that a lot of fans want this character in, if only 50 asked if a character was going to be in the game then there is a lower chance that the character would appeal to the casual/pro gamer and the casual comic book reader. It is a video, they are limited on what they are putting into the game. I can understand your points completely, because they do make sense, but at the same time you're being completely unfair and close minded about a VIDEO GAME COMPANY'S decision on comic book characters.

I like how NRS are DC fans themselves plus, between their MK style the darker photorealistic style fits DCU IMO, namely the Batman characters. I just think this game looks great as oppose to seeing anime comic book characters(that Marvel games prefer)

Pretty much there's no way to please "everyone" no matter what the game but I think so far NRS and DC working together have done a great job just from the previews, if this game doesn't go down as DC's best fighting game much less one of their best DC games in general I'll eat my hat.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By BlackWind

I hate that voice, possibly the worst modern Aquaman VA I can think of.

Regardless, I might hafta start playing games again.

Avatar image for redlanternrage81
    RedLanternRage81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F*&^$#ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#124  Edited By Decoy Elite

Needs more bearded Aquaman, but this will suffice.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#125  Edited By GR2Blackout

@Ghostbusttyler said:

Please let that shark be apart of his brutality thing.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#126  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

UPDATED WITH AN ALTERNATE COSTUME!

ADV215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ADV215

@k4tzm4n: Flashpoint Aquaman?!

Aquaman vs Wonder Woman from Flashpoint
    Aquaman vs Wonder Woman from Flashpoint
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By evilvegeta74

Nice!!

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By SNascimento

Wait, I'm confused. There was already a alternative costume to Arthur... the flashpoint one is the third. Is it from a DLC or chracters have three difference costumes instead of two?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BlackWind

Pass, don't like Flashpoint Aquaman.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#131  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@k4tzm4n said:

UPDATED WITH AN ALTERNATE COSTUME!

the quarter finals for battle arena has alt costumes for Hal, Arthur, Diana, Joker,Barry,Clark, and Ollie

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#132  Edited By comicfan11

Emperor Aquaman ftw baby!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.